Best offense plays against blitz

zovche
Rookie

Postby zovche » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:57 am

Hi, wondering for help, in online games when playing defense there are many people who select edge player to control and run after your QB regardless of anything, in a first or last quarter. So wondering what would be best offense plays with quick releases and allowing your QB bit more time? I'm using NE playbook, but any suggestions are welcome.

Sponsor

Sponsor

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Re: Best offense plays against blitz

Postby JSamuel » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:42 am

zovche wrote:Hi, wondering for help, in online games when playing defense there are many people who select edge player to control and run after your QB regardless of anything, in a first or last quarter. So wondering what would be best offense plays with quick releases and allowing your QB bit more time? I'm using NE playbook, but any suggestions are welcome.

Usually when I see a massive blitz coming, I press X on my controller, (I think it's S on the keyboard) and select WR Option. That will move your quarterback into the shotgun position, giving him more time to throw. Then I press Y (E on the keyboard) and modify the routs of my receivers to make it easiest to complete a pass.

When I see someone take one of their linebackers to the outside so they can blitz, sometimes I press X, (once again, S on the keyboard) and call a running play through the middle. The fact that one of their linebackers is no longer there makes it easier to get yardage.

I am one of those people who likes to blitz around the outside with a linebacker, especially when I'm sure the offense is passing... I think it's a good strategy; it causes the QB to feel extra pressure and sometimes make bad passes.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Re: Best offense plays against blitz

Postby achernar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:58 am

empty backfield... spread the receivers on the field... see the best matchup...
quick release...

I like to hurry up with i get a catch... play more one or two downs
after this, go with a I formation, power run

Return to “Plays and playbooks”