Looking for Jet Sweep

theDude47
Pro Bowl

Re: Looking for Jet Sweep

Postby theDude47 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:36 am

[/quote]

I am having a problem with a play's handoff. It's a Fake FB Dive HB Pitch, but the QB does not pitch the ball!!! The QB goes threw the fake handoff motions with the FB, and begins to roll toward the pitch HB, he actually extends his arm to pitch, showing the ball, but never release it to the HB![/quote]

It sounds like your pitch relationship/timing might be off. If you could go into the Alpha playbook editor, I can walk you through problem solving it. You need to go to this specific play and hover over each of the 3 players involved and post exactly the actions displayed for each one. That and the play tag type would give me an idea of what's going wrong and I can try and troubleshoot it with you.

Sponsor

Sponsor

theDude47
Pro Bowl

Postby theDude47 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:42 am

phalanx93 wrote:Could I possibly get some range on the timings, so I least have a place to start?

Whenever I'm starting a new handoff series, I always make the first action for any player that is going to receive the handoff, a Delay of 0. If things are happening too fast in the game, I immediately set that Delay to 0.5 in the editor. If that is too long or too short, I adjust from there. Most Delays are under 1 second for handoffs. 0.15 seconds can make a huge difference in whether a play is going to work or not. I can post one of my T-Formation plays later tonight to show you the intricacies of how timing is crucial.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:51 am

theDude47 wrote:
phalanx93 wrote:Could I possibly get some range on the timings, so I least have a place to start?

I can post one of my T-Formation plays later tonight to show you the intricacies of how timing is crucial.

I'd post my Jet sweep but I somehow managed to lose my playbook file in January. I think there was a "%WR3 Reverse" or something like that in one of the playbooks that I used to get started on it. It wasn't a reverse though, it was a motion sweep or jet sweep or fly sweep or whatever your preferred terminology is, but it wasn't a reverse. Just one more thing that irks me about EA, using the wrong terminology and having 90% of the passing plays as just random route combinations rather than actual American Football passing concepts.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

theDude47
Pro Bowl

Postby theDude47 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:04 pm

phalanx93 wrote:SplitWest.pbo

I want to add a Jet sweep to the "Split-Jumbo" package, using the offset TE/WR to Sweep left, I've tried using the Alpha playbook editor & failed.

Watching Steelers vs Chiefs and the Chiefs use a straight motion Jet Sweep hand-off to a WR. I'm using FF2015 mod, and I can't find that play.

Is there a playbook in-game with that play? Or how about a custom playbook?

Any help will be appreciated.

It only took me 5 minutes, but I've done a lot of similar handoffs before. I hope this is what you wanted. Let me know if it's not what you had envisioned. I can walk you through the process if you need.
Attachments
SplitWest_withJetSweep.pbo
(142.52 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:35 am

theDude47 wrote:
It only took me 5 minutes, but I've done a lot of similar handoffs before. I hope this is what you wanted. Let me know if it's not what you had envisioned. I can walk you through the process if you need.

Thank you, I'll download & test it tomorrow, & post feedback.

I've been experimenting with Madden Amp depth charts for really neat combinations, OL in at FB, WR & DB in at HB.

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Thank you theDude47, the play works beautifully. and that is not the standard automotion in Packfan's editor. I'm going to have a lot of fun looking at the process. so much to learn.

Double-U
Banned

Postby Double-U » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:40 pm

theDude47 wrote:

I am having a problem with a play's handoff. It's a Fake FB Dive HB Pitch, but the QB does not pitch the ball!!! The QB goes threw the fake handoff motions with the FB, and begins to roll toward the pitch HB, he actually extends his arm to pitch, showing the ball, but never release it to the HB![/quote]

It sounds like your pitch relationship/timing might be off. If you could go into the Alpha playbook editor, I can walk you through problem solving it. You need to go to this specific play and hover over each of the 3 players involved and post exactly the actions displayed for each one. That and the play tag type would give me an idea of what's going wrong and I can try and troubleshoot it with you.[/quote]

thanks for taking a look...
Attachments
Fake FB Dive HB Pitch.png
Fake FB Dive HB Pitch.png (25.41 KiB) Viewed 1968 times

theDude47
Pro Bowl

Postby theDude47 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:45 am

Double-U wrote:
theDude47 wrote:

I am having a problem with a play's handoff. It's a Fake FB Dive HB Pitch, but the QB does not pitch the ball!!! The QB goes threw the fake handoff motions with the FB, and begins to roll toward the pitch HB, he actually extends his arm to pitch, showing the ball, but never release it to the HB!

It sounds like your pitch relationship/timing might be off. If you could go into the Alpha playbook editor, I can walk you through problem solving it. You need to go to this specific play and hover over each of the 3 players involved and post exactly the actions displayed for each one. That and the play tag type would give me an idea of what's going wrong and I can try and troubleshoot it with you.[/quote]

thanks for taking a look...[/quote]

Did you use the standard Strong-I formation? Just want to make sure you didn't change the players' position distances. If that's the case, it shouldn't take me long to figure it out tonight by just creating the play in an existing playbook. If you did change where the players are positioned, please post that info or a copy of the playbook so i can mess around with it.

Double-U
Banned

Postby Double-U » Mon May 01, 2017 1:45 pm

theDude47 wrote:
Double-U wrote:
theDude47 wrote:

I am having a problem with a play's handoff. It's a Fake FB Dive HB Pitch, but the QB does not pitch the ball!!! The QB goes threw the fake handoff motions with the FB, and begins to roll toward the pitch HB, he actually extends his arm to pitch, showing the ball, but never release it to the HB!

It sounds like your pitch relationship/timing might be off. If you could go into the Alpha playbook editor, I can walk you through problem solving it. You need to go to this specific play and hover over each of the 3 players involved and post exactly the actions displayed for each one. That and the play tag type would give me an idea of what's going wrong and I can try and troubleshoot it with you.

thanks for taking a look...[/quote]

Did you use the standard Strong-I formation? Just want to make sure you didn't change the players' position distances. If that's the case, it shouldn't take me long to figure it out tonight by just creating the play in an existing playbook. If you did change where the players are positioned, please post that info or a copy of the playbook so i can mess around with it.[/quote]

It's a custom formation. Example: I create a stock book with all mis-direction runs, or Shotgun Runs or Shotgun Play-Action Passes. I create custom formations and base plays using in-game madden editor because I don't like the spacing for RB's. Like the Split Back Set, Madden has both back lined up behind the taackles!!! Then I use external editor to emulate the stock PSAl codes into my plays!Then practice them in-game until they work like they're supposed to! This one did just change the the play type to "out side run" but still no good! [url]Playbook here:[/url]

2 Back Pro Set
Attachments
Correct RB spacing for Splitback set.png
Correct RB spacing for Splitback set.png (16.62 KiB) Viewed 1957 times

theDude47
Pro Bowl

Postby theDude47 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:23 pm

Double-U wrote:
It's a custom formation. Example: I create a stock book with all mis-direction runs, or Shotgun Runs or Shotgun Play-Action Passes. I create custom formations and base plays using in-game madden editor because I don't like the spacing for RB's. Like the Split Back Set, Madden has both back lined up behind the taackles!!! Then I use external editor to emulate the stock PSAl codes into my plays!Then practice them in-game until they work like they're supposed to! This one did just change the the play type to "out side run" but still no good! [url]Playbook here:[/url]

2 Back Pro Set

Running backs lined up behind the tackles is also technically correct. The Splitback (Pro Set) formation originated from the T-Formation and that's how they lined up. Usually 4.5-5 yards behind the center and both tackles. It was also common place to place the FB a half yard deeper as well. Madden's Split Backs set is a more modern day interpretation and a little too far back off the line for my taste. The spacing between RB's is fairly accurate though.

But I digress. I took a look at your playbook and play you were having trouble with. It turns out you forgot to assign who the pitch receiver is. Below is the change I made. It works now the way it was intended too.

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 9.15.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 9.15.02 PM.png (13.65 KiB) Viewed 1943 times

Return to “Plays and playbooks”