Looking for Jet Sweep

trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: Looking for Jet Sweep

Postby trey31 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:10 pm

theDude47 wrote:Madden's Split Backs set is a more modern day interpretation and a little too far back off the line for my taste. The spacing between RB's is fairly accurate though.

Agreed on the depth of the RB's in pro set, also Madden o-line alignment is too tight and close to the LOS in every shotgun formation (especially the OTs), and too tight on the B gap on all the under center formations as well.

I used some really great all-22 and field camera shots of the Patriots gun o-line alignment and old Manning/Colts photos for Ace and under center formations to adjust mine. Ended up changing all 4 alignments for G, T, Y, W/H for shotguns and under center formations. Used Nevada images for pistol alignments.

Somehow managed to lose it all installing XVI. :cry:
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Double-U
Banned

Postby Double-U » Wed May 03, 2017 3:25 pm

theDude47 wrote:
Double-U wrote:
It's a custom formation. Example: I create a stock book with all mis-direction runs, or Shotgun Runs or Shotgun Play-Action Passes. I create custom formations and base plays using in-game madden editor because I don't like the spacing for RB's. Like the Split Back Set, Madden has both back lined up behind the taackles!!! Then I use external editor to emulate the stock PSAl codes into my plays!Then practice them in-game until they work like they're supposed to! This one did just change the the play type to "out side run" but still no good! [url]Playbook here:[/url]

2 Back Pro Set

Running backs lined up behind the tackles is also technically correct. The Splitback (Pro Set) formation originated from the T-Formation and that's how they lined up. Usually 4.5-5 yards behind the center and both tackles. It was also common place to place the FB a half yard deeper as well. Madden's Split Backs set is a more modern day interpretation and a little too far back off the line for my taste. The spacing between RB's is fairly accurate though.

But I digress. I took a look at your playbook and play you were having trouble with. It turns out you forgot to assign who the pitch receiver is. Below is the change I made. It works now the way it was intended too.

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 9.15.02 PM.png

Cool beans and franks! Thanks 47!

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:41 am

I want to create a Flexbone type formation with one small difference. It's going to be essentially a jumbo formation with 4 TEs and/or HBs/WRs close in on the line with ends set back with a single HB to round out the Formation.

Question: can I import the Jet Sweep from the Split West-withJetSweep that was given to me earlier in the thread. Is it a simple matter of using Packfan Alpha Playbook editor to essentially copy and paste the actions from that playbook on the Jet Sweep play, and what should I take into account when going with the opposite Jet Sweep (original is right end sweeping left) can I just flip the directions for the actions when it is the left end sweeping right?

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:26 pm

phalanx93 wrote:I want to create a Flexbone type formation with one small difference. It's going to be essentially a jumbo formation with 4 TEs and/or HBs/WRs close in on the line with ends set back with a single HB to round out the Formation.

Question: can I import the Jet Sweep from the Split West-withJetSweep that was given to me earlier in the thread. Is it a simple matter of using Packfan Alpha Playbook editor to essentially copy and paste the actions from that playbook on the Jet Sweep play, and what should I take into account when going with the opposite Jet Sweep (original is right end sweeping left) can I just flip the directions for the actions when it is the left end sweeping right?

Okay, Packfan Alpha Playbook editor isn't saving the handoff target for any play. it constantly reverts to whoever is in pos = 2

Singleback_Flexbone.pbo
(142.52 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

Also, I want to to do a right jet sweep with with the left wing-back (HB2 Sweep)

VillanThaHero
Rookie

Postby VillanThaHero » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:19 pm

Littleware wrote:
phalanx93 wrote:I've got the Flexbone. It's a good playbook.
Can you run the Jet Sweep with a TE. I have a Split-Back Jumbo set with an offset TE close in for blocking.

I'd like to add it other PBs as well. Should I just look at Flexbone for the process? Or is there another way to figure it out?

Yes you can run a Jet sweep with the TE. I've been running it all season with the Chiefs. As you mentioned, the TE will be offset/Flex...
The Jet Sweep in the Flexbone book uses the HB. You can easily create a packages replacing the HB with the TE or WR you'd prefer!

You can add the jet sweep to any book, but you must import it *Flexbone* into the Gamedata file. Then load madden and copy the Jet Sweep play to any book you want.

What year madden you boys playing and on what system??? Im just getting into this modding culture and im hooked amd learning so much everyday

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:22 pm

VillanThaHero wrote:
Littleware wrote:
phalanx93 wrote:I've got the Flexbone. It's a good playbook.
Can you run the Jet Sweep with a TE. I have a Split-Back Jumbo set with an offset TE close in for blocking.

I'd like to add it other PBs as well. Should I just look at Flexbone for the process? Or is there another way to figure it out?

Yes you can run a Jet sweep with the TE. I've been running it all season with the Chiefs. As you mentioned, the TE will be offset/Flex...
The Jet Sweep in the Flexbone book uses the HB. You can easily create a packages replacing the HB with the TE or WR you'd prefer!

You can add the jet sweep to any book, but you must import it *Flexbone* into the Gamedata file. Then load madden and copy the Jet Sweep play to any book you want.

What year madden you boys playing and on what system??? Im just getting into this modding culture and im hooked amd learning so much everyday

Madden 08 on PC. Last Madden to be released on this platform

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:36 am

I finally figured it all out. I have Jet Sweeps coming from both sides. I even created a a passable version of the Speed Option Sweep, it's beautiful. Had to do it with 2 different plays (QB Sweep, and an always pitch play to the HB)

Viper652
All-Pro

Postby Viper652 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:49 am

The wildcat passing is total cheating. I pass for a touchdown everytime with nobody around me.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:53 am

Viper652 wrote:The wildcat passing is total cheating. I pass for a touchdown everytime with nobody around me.

The cheese with my Wildcat Jet Toss QB Pass gimmick play was even worse.
Spoiler:
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:10 am

That is a beautiful play. Really like the pass back to the
QB. Thanks for sharing. Do you have a playbook you could share? I want to get a look at the routes you used. I could see a variation using two HBs. Pitch and pass back. Really impressive.

Return to “Plays and playbooks”