Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: T-Formation UPDATED:10/24/17

Postby Austinmario13 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:35 pm

theDude47 wrote:Austinmario13, here is the one you requested:

Thank you, but there is a major flaw. The CPU only calls one play:
screen0000.bmp
screen0000.bmp (174.47 KiB) Viewed 2780 times

It would probably help if you merged the passing formation and running formation together.

Also, If I make a playbook in the future, would you merge this playbook with the one I make?

Sponsor

Sponsor

theDude47
Pro Bowl

Postby theDude47 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:46 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:
theDude47 wrote:Austinmario13, here is the one you requested:

Thank you, but there is a major flaw. The CPU only calls one play:
screen0000.bmp
It would probably help if you merged the passing formation and running formation together.

Also, If I make a playbook in the future, would you merge this playbook with the one I make?

The CPU only calls that play because the Playbook AI is not completely filled out. I intended for these plays to be used in other playbooks that already existed or in combination with other formations and plays to one day create playbooks for some classic teams.

I don't believe there is a way to combine all these plays into one formation grouping without going through and reordering them all with the correct number order in the DB Editor. I mean it's possible, but I'm not going to stop and take the extended time to do it at the moment.

Below is a newer version with more of the Playbook AI filled out. If you want to add any in the future, you'll need to do it within the Packfan's Madden Alpha Playbook Editor. It's easy to do.
Attachments
T-Form-Normal_AllPlays_NoMotion.zip
(45.64 KiB) Downloaded 176 times

jacksonlbds
Pro Bowl

Postby jacksonlbds » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:50 pm

Thank you very much, I liked it a lot

old coach
Rookie

Postby old coach » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:49 am

I downloaded your T Formation and tested many of the plays. I was especially intrigued by your plays that included fakes to one RB and then handoff to another RB. Your option pitch type plays use some coding that I was unaware of until I looked at them with Packfan's play editor. That coding should simplify some of my option offense play books quite a lot.

Thanks,
Old Coach

old coach
Rookie

Postby old coach » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:43 pm

I was trying to adapt some of your code to my wishbone playbook. When I look at Run Formation 2, there's a play called Fake FB LHB Pitch. The QB's commands in the advanced editor are 96 2 1 48 in roll 0 and 98 65 1 5 in roll 1. When I put these commands in for my QB in my wishbone, he doesn't fake to the FB nor does he pitch to the LHB. The command I've used to activate the pitch in roll 1 is 98 18 0 5. Have you changed any commands in any of the game's data bases? If you have, could you tell me how you did it?

Thanks,
Old Coach

theDude47
Pro Bowl

Postby theDude47 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:49 am

old coach wrote:I was trying to adapt some of your code to my wishbone playbook. When I look at Run Formation 2, there's a play called Fake FB LHB Pitch. The QB's commands in the advanced editor are 96 2 1 48 in roll 0 and 98 65 1 5 in roll 1. When I put these commands in for my QB in my wishbone, he doesn't fake to the FB nor does he pitch to the LHB. The command I've used to activate the pitch in roll 1 is 98 18 0 5. Have you changed any commands in any of the game's data bases? If you have, could you tell me how you did it?

Thanks,
Old Coach

I’ve been working on setting up my new Synology NAS at home and populating Plex, so I haven’t been working on the game for a while. Getting all the kids shows set up for my wife and kids has been my priority as of late. Hoping to finish the setup here in the next month or so and can get back to finishing my playbooks.

Concerning your post: Do you have the Madden Alpha Editor for playbooks? It really allows you to do a lot of customization with handoff commands. I’ll have to go back and look at my work to see what you’re talking about but generally, all my handoffs are custom done by me. This had to be done for me to accomplish what I wanted. Some handoff commands that come naturally with the game are simply automatic. Ex: the QB gets the snap and then immediately finds the RB and hands the ball off to him regardless of angle, speed, and timing.

I used some other commands to get a more nuanced approach (as you pointed out). This allows for a greater variety of handoff timing and angles but it also creates more areas where problems can arise and less plug and play for different formations. Ex: take the formation and play you pointed out...that play works because the backs and the QB are in the exact positions they are with the exact timing and angles when the snap occurs. If I were to switch the position of the players involved in the handoff(s) (forward/back/side to side a couple of feet) or timing or angles, the play probably wouldn’t work and the handoff sequence would be botched.

Taking all that into account, I tend to have my backs in the same positions whether in T-Formation or Split back sets. This creates less problems and more plug and play for myself. Now, if I were to create a new formation with different depths for the backs, I would have to tailor my plays for that specific formation to insure the play happened as it should.

This has taken my years to get close to right and I’m still figuring it out as I go and pushing the limits of what can be done. That’s why I take forever to put out any new plays.

theDude47
Pro Bowl

Postby theDude47 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:11 am

So, I finally figured out how to edit curved route artwork as well as how to flip it. As far as I know, I don’t think anyone has really tried to do it.

It’s actually pretty simple and I plan on going back through my plays and adjusting the artwork with the new curved play art which I believe looks a lot better and fits more with what’s already in the game.

I started working on this a couple of months ago before I fell into the dark hole of Plex and setting up a NAS. I’ll post some pics of what I mean sometime soon.

Hopefully whenever I finish this Plex setup, I can creat a post on a step by step process on how to edit play artwork.

mauro_rojo
Pro Bowl

Postby mauro_rojo » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:41 am

It's a complex subject the artwork in playbooks lol, looking forward to your progress on it.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: Bears T-Formation

Postby Austinmario13 » Fri May 31, 2019 1:41 am

RevanFan wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:Was the T formation used in the 50s? Also, I'd like to know if your going to do the 60s.

If you look it up, you'll see that it stopped being used much after the 1940s. It wasn't really a 50's position. It is only rarely used today, and when it is used today, it is mostly in high school.

I've found this to be false. The Giants used the T-formation in 1958. A lot of 50s teams used near, far, and split backs as well.

PackFanFit
Rookie

Postby PackFanFit » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:29 am

Hi. I know this is a super old thread but I just wanted to jump in here and say I absolutely love this playbook. Thank you for creating it! It is so much fun to play with.

Return to “Plays and playbooks”