Custom Playbooks So Far

bowler525
Rookie

Re: Custom Playbooks So Far

Postby bowler525 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:28 am

Littleware wrote:
bowler525 wrote:I like your playbooks I just don't like that you can't sub players in individual formations if you do you wind up with something like your 2nd string halfback playing DT in a base 4 3 :lol: :lol: I seem to recall you told me once its because they are not 100 percent compatible with 08. Too bad there is not a work around. Other then that I like your playbooks. You do a good job with them. 8-)

You can create the package you want in playbook editor, then when that happens in game, just reset the sub formation. Then select your package again at the play call screen.

I have never been able to get the playbook editors to work for me, but that is a good point thanks.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:15 pm

bowler525 wrote:
Littleware wrote:
bowler525 wrote:I like your playbooks I just don't like that you can't sub players in individual formations if you do you wind up with something like your 2nd string halfback playing DT in a base 4 3 :lol: :lol: I seem to recall you told me once its because they are not 100 percent compatible with 08. Too bad there is not a work around. Other then that I like your playbooks. You do a good job with them. 8-)

You can create the package you want in playbook editor, then when that happens in game, just reset the sub formation. Then select your package again at the play call screen.

I have never been able to get the playbook editors to work for me, but that is a good point thanks.

You may have to just call a "time out". In your example" 2nd string halfback playing DT in a base 4 3", is not an error in the playbook, roster or game! How many DT's do you have on the team? The error doesn't happen until late in the game, not the beginning. Just say you have 3 DT's. When then HB shows up, the depth charts is at it's end of fresh DT's to sub ins, and can't sub them back in until they are 95% fresh! Why Madden chooses a 2nd string HB instead of a DE gets me. But when I use my Dime Base Defense playbook, late in games, I'm up, the CPU is passing every down, my SS, FS and CB's have been subbed by RB's, WR's, LB's, and TE's.
Jamal Charles was playing FS and Kelce was lined up at LB. I just called a T.O! Or use the NZA editor, load the roster, set your depth charts and manually input the players you want to sub in!

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:46 pm

dfdafd

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:43 am

I particularly find the Pistol formation interesting, as with the Panthers (and probably Redskins, 49ers, and a few other teams). I like this interpretation of it, with the TE set back from the line, which I believe might make him an H-back. Looks like that's indeed what the Panthers do (left side). However, I notice that this causes the TE to bump into the QB on certain routes. Not sure yet if this affects the timing of certain plays to a detrimental level, but it might at some point. Here's a clip I captured earlier of a Pistol PA.

If it doesn't impact the play much then no biggie, but to be absolutely sure I'd probably audible to change the TE route.

In addition, occasionally the offense won't be able to execute a simple HB handoff, and the QB is left to scramble. I found this during an I-form HB Blast, which is visible here. Looks like the FB got in the way.

But hey, this kind of stuff actually does happen in football too! Sometimes someone gets in the way of a handoff, sometimes there is confusion between the QB and HB, so it's not going to affect whether I use these; I most certainly will use them, they're pretty accurate. Just have to keep a few things in mind during a game if you use these.

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:06 am

moonbax wrote:I particularly find the Pistol formation interesting, as with the Panthers (and probably Redskins, 49ers, and a few other teams). I like this interpretation of it, with the TE set back from the line, which I believe might make him an H-back. Looks like that's indeed what the Panthers do (left side). However, I notice that this causes the TE to bump into the QB on certain routes. Not sure yet if this affects the timing of certain plays to a detrimental level, but it might at some point. Here's a clip I captured earlier of a Pistol PA.

If it doesn't impact the play much then no biggie, but to be absolutely sure I'd probably audible to change the TE route.

In addition, occasionally the offense won't be able to execute a simple HB handoff, and the QB is left to scramble. I found this during an I-form HB Blast, which is visible here. Looks like the FB got in the way.

But hey, this kind of stuff actually does happen in football too! Sometimes someone gets in the way of a handoff, sometimes there is confusion between the QB and HB, so it's not going to affect whether I use these; I most certainly will use them, they're pretty accurate. Just have to keep a few things in mind during a game if you use these.

Both issues can be easily corrected using the playbook editor! First thing, for your TE running into the QB. 1) Either add the "Delay" code to the beginning of the TE's PSAL 1/2 sec. Or 2) Instead of his route being run straight across ( 0 degrees ), change it to a ( 3 Degree ) Route, so the TE will run at a slight angle! Or 3) Add a step to the TE's PSAL so his first 2 steps are run at a 10 degree angle, then continue his route run straight across.

For that FB running into the QB, just change his PSAL angle to a 98 degree angle instead of the 91/92 degree angle which causes him to run into the QB. His block will be between the Guard/Tackle instead of Center/Guard!

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:01 am

That is useful for changing those specific plays, but I figured there's not much of a point for me to do so unless I can make sure every team won't have these same issues. Can only fix the ones that I personally encounter.

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:16 pm

moonbax wrote:That is useful for changing those specific plays, but I figured there's not much of a point for me to do so unless I can make sure every team won't have these same issues. Can only fix the ones that I personally encounter.

A) If you have similar issues with multiple plays, that's easy to correct. B) just to make sure your plays don't glitch out, practice them all before you import the playbook into the game. I did import blindly and then too many plays had issues with QB just standing there after he received the snap, or as your issue with plays just needing a minor tweak or two! Once the leg work is done , the results are worth it!

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:56 am

These playbooks are destroying offenses and pace of play.

One notable issue is that because there is no way to change plays, AI QBs are not taking any time to scan the defense and shift formation, and are killing their TOP by snapping plays with a lot of time on the clock. This is causing play totals, num of possessions, punt totals, etc. to skyrocket. I can't get punt totals under 18-20 in a full 60 minutes. When I switched back to the default playbooks the same settings were getting me closer to a realistic 10-12 total

In addition, I cannot adjust the sliders to eliminate awkward and broken animations. In some instances when an RB or TE bumps into the QB the QB becomes frozen in place until he gets hammered. In some toss plays the ball always appears to be thrown in the opposite direction the QB is facing. QB designed runs also tend to look awkward.

I wish I could find sliders that work with these, but I cannot.

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:48 pm

moonbax wrote:These playbooks are destroying offenses and pace of play.

One notable issue is that because there is no way to change plays, AI QBs are not taking any time to scan the defense and shift formation, and are killing their TOP by snapping plays with a lot of time on the clock. This is causing play totals, num of possessions, punt totals, etc. to skyrocket. I can't get punt totals under 18-20 in a full 60 minutes. When I switched back to the default playbooks the same settings were getting me closer to a realistic 10-12 total

In addition, I cannot adjust the sliders to eliminate awkward and broken animations. In some instances when an RB or TE bumps into the QB the QB becomes frozen in place until he gets hammered. In some toss plays the ball always appears to be thrown in the opposite direction the QB is facing. QB designed runs also tend to look awkward.

I wish I could find sliders that work with these, but I cannot.

Have you tried adjusting the coaching ai?

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:55 pm

Littleware wrote:Have you tried adjusting the coaching ai?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18338&p=78842#p78828

Return to “Plays and playbooks”