Playbook dump thread

OldCoach
Pro Bowl

Re: Playbook dump thread

Postby OldCoach » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:21 am

Guys,
For those of you that downloaded the playbooks I posted here last month, I hope they've worked well for you. If you've made improvements to them, please send them back to me. I'd like to see others' take on the stuff I do.

Old Coach
Vol For Life!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:59 pm

The immediate improvement IMO is more passing plays. Madden cheats against the run - it's difficult to only throw it five times a game.
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

OldCoach
Pro Bowl

Postby OldCoach » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Sidelion,
I hear you on the passing game.

I play all my games in coach mode, 2 player. I play both sides. I use base Zone Cover 2, 3, or 4 with both teams. I roll a die- a 6 result means that a man coverage or blitz defense will be called. From there- even is man coverage and odd is a blitz. If the first roll is 1-5 then I roll again- 1 or 2 is cover 2; 3 or 4 is cover 3 and 5 or 6 is cover 4. On long yardage plays or 2 minute drill situations, the die rolls apply to nickel or dime defenses. On goal line or short yardage situations I use the appropriate defense. On offense if my call is to be a triple option look, then 1 or 2 is a FB dive play; 3 or 4 is QB run; 5 or 6 is pitch to RB. This die roll aspect goes back to my APBA football days. I wish somehow the APBA play result system could be merged with an animation engine. Just imagine the best EA graphics and animations responding to the stat based APBA system. I think that would be a truly outstanding game.

On an historical note- In 1976 Georgia Tech, running Pepper Rodgers' wishbone, beat Notre Dame 23-14 without throwing a single pass. To show how much of an anomaly that was, Tech lost to Duke and Navy.

Old Coach
Vol For Life!

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:55 pm

OldCoach wrote:On an historical note- In 1976 Georgia Tech, running Pepper Rodgers' wishbone, beat Notre Dame 23-14 without throwing a single pass. To show how much of an anomaly that was, Tech lost to Duke and Navy.

Old Coach

I'm reminded of last year's Florida vs. Georgia Southern game, where the Eagles didn't complete a single pass (out of three attempts)... a rarity today, yet they still beat a big, bad SEC team. Also, didn't Navy have George Welsh at the time, though? Navy couldn't have been that bad.
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

TheVetNoob
Rookie

Postby TheVetNoob » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:33 pm

Does anyone have any playbooks based around a 3WR set? Or if they're in one of the playbook dumps on the first page, which one should I use?

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Here is a playbook I created to utilize the Fullback. Hope you enjoy!

Also, a real easy way to make any playbook use the Fullback as the No.1 back, is to use the playbook editor, create a "jumbo" package for the formations you want to change. Switch the HB ---> FB in the package, save and go play!
Attachments
FullBack-Swag.pbo
(142.27 KiB) Downloaded 286 times

jesse100190
All-Pro

Postby jesse100190 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:44 pm

updated my playbook to include a couple of bengals madden 15 formations and deleting a bears madden 25 formation.

ehlomint
All-Pro

Postby ehlomint » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:59 pm

Does anyone have playbooks from Madden 2004? Thanks

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:12 pm

Does anyone have an NFL spread offense? The Texans run it.

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:54 pm

Littleware wrote:Here is a playbook I created to utilize the Fullback. Hope you enjoy! I've updated the playbooks and added more plays, including lots of trick plays, WR Double Pass, Halfback Option Pass, Flea Flickers, Shotgun runs off playaction! Plenty of great updates for the scrambling QB with playaction naked boots!

** Bonus Playbook: Trickeration (Offense/Redu) Reborn with updates including: More plays, packages, and my favorite Wildcat and Flexbone Sets

I have 2 defensive playbooks I call T-Rex and Raptor. I'd like to upload, but I'm having issues with defensive Ai logic. Ex. playing against any team: If a team calls a 5 Wr set, the AI for my playbook will not match the 5Wr set. If a team lines up in a Big Set, the AI for the playbook will line up in a 3-4 or something not appropriate for the offensive set. If anyone knows how to set the AI logic for the Defensive playbooks, I'm all ears! But for now enjoy the swag!!

Also, a real easy way to make any playbook use the Fullback as the No.1 back, is to use the playbook editor, create a "jumbo" package for the formations you want to change. Switch the HB ---> FB in the package, save and go play!
Attachments
FullBack-Swag.pbo
(194.96 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
Trickeration-Redu.pbo
(191.1 KiB) Downloaded 364 times

Return to “Plays and playbooks”