The Playbook Editing help me thread

Littleware
Banned

Re: The Playbook Editing help me thread

Postby Littleware » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:45 pm

I created a custom playbook in Madden. I used newly created formations only. The plays work great, but none of my shifts work. I can't drop DB's off into coverage, line up on man or shift DL left, right, or pinch. Same for the linebackers. Help needed! It's for my Flexbase defensive playbook.

Sponsor

Sponsor

lichtental
MVP

Postby lichtental » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:52 am

Littleware wrote:I created a custom playbook in Madden. I used newly created formations only. The plays work great, but none of my shifts work. I can't drop DB's off into coverage, line up on man or shift DL left, right, or pinch. Same for the linebackers. Help needed! It's for my Flexbase defensive playbook.

You can edit formation shifts with the Packfan editor, I opened your Flexbase playbook and in fact there are not any shifts, they must be created.

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:55 pm

lichtental wrote:
Littleware wrote:I created a custom playbook in Madden. I used newly created formations only. The plays work great, but none of my shifts work. I can't drop DB's off into coverage, line up on man or shift DL left, right, or pinch. Same for the linebackers. Help needed! It's for my Flexbase defensive playbook.

You can edit formation shifts with the Packfan editor, I opened your Flexbase playbook and in fact there are not any shifts, they must be created.

Thanks for that Lichtental, I was only checking the boxes under the "Edit Formation Shifts" tab for each shift, but wasn't going into the "Player Motion" tab to give the new locations for each player's shift! My issue was, at the "Player Motion Tab" I was getting a "Value can't be NULL" error when I selected the first "Blitz Motions" with option to continue or close the editor. So I thought I couldn't do anything and closed the editor. Took me a moment... Null=None! Read your reply and that encouraged me to try to continued through the null error, and right-clicked to bring up the new box for the players movements. I made a change to the "Blitz" shift, saved as. It tested fine in Madden!!! 8-) :lol: :D I will be uploading V.2 with those cool shifts I added later!

Edit: I screwed the shifts, I firgot to take into account the defensive coordinates are opposite! I was half done and tested. Now the DL shifts sure, but to the opposite side... I click to shift left, they moved right... uggggggh :oops:. I'll have more free time to redo them Sunday!

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Thu May 26, 2016 6:31 pm

Cool Eye Candy Play Names

I figured out in this Madden 08 how to have your plays read any player's name in the play's name at the play selection.

Old Naming - : HB Dive, PA Splits, FB Trap etc...
New Naming - : Elliot Dive, Kelce Splits, Sherman Trap, Newton Bootleg...

I have only tried this using the Offensive Playbook Editor 2.5 so far, I will try it in madden editor soon. Load your playbook, go the play design Tab, select any formation, then choose a play to rename. Right-click, select "Rename Play". Add this %L to the beginning, then choose the position of the player to be named, (WR4), then add your play text.

So it reads, %LWR4 Out-N-Up, Save it. In Madden it should read "Wilson Out-N-Up"! Or whom ever the WR4 is on any team the book is used for!

Note: You can't add any text before the "%L" or have any numbers directly after the (position). "PA %LWR1 77 Post" won't work!

Braska15
Rookie

Postby Braska15 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:30 pm

Is it possible to edit playbook from NCAA 14 with the alpha playbook editor?

Gregatron
Veteran

Postby Gregatron » Wed May 03, 2017 3:37 pm

Any time I run a zone play against a 3+WR set, a defender shifts over to each slot receiver. It is usually not the "correct" defender that shifts. It's often the MLB, even when a safety is closer. Is there a way to stop these players from shifting? Turning man lock off doesn't always work.

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:50 pm

I want to make a jumbo single back playbook with some college elements (Jet Sweeps with close-in WRs, Speed option sweep. I know option plays can't work as option per se, I just want the QB to run a sweep and pitch to the HB sweeping behind every time, I'll use a separate play for a QB keeper sweep.) I just need some step by step instructions for the end arounds and Speed Option with Packfan Alpha Playbook editor

The formation is in the attached

Singleback_Flexbone.pbo
(142.52 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
playbook

pagjame
All-Pro

Postby pagjame » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Can anyone help me out with how to remove the split back formation from the Pass Balanced playbook and add more Shotgun options? I apologize for being such a newb, but I'm getting frustrated. Having trouble running playbook editors to see if they work. Anyone know if I need to download something I'm running Windows 7 x64?

thanks for all you guys do making this game awesome

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:16 pm

pagjame wrote:Can anyone help me out with how to remove the split back formation from the Pass Balanced playbook and add more Shotgun options? I apologize for being such a newb, but I'm getting frustrated. Having trouble running playbook editors to see if they work. Anyone know if I need to download something I'm running Windows 7 x64?

Erasing formations is unhumanly hard. The only way you could do that is brutal DB Editor magic, which I don't really know how it works. What you could do is, using the Create-a-Playbook option in Madden, grab every formation you want from one type, the save them on their own playbook (Say, grab all of the Singleback formations you want, save the playbook and Singleback.pbo, then the I formations, save as IForm.pbo, grab the Shotguns save as Shotgun.pbo) then, using the Playbook Merger, merge all the formations you want in your final playbook.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

pagjame
All-Pro

Postby pagjame » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:19 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
pagjame wrote:Can anyone help me out with how to remove the split back formation from the Pass Balanced playbook and add more Shotgun options? I apologize for being such a newb, but I'm getting frustrated. Having trouble running playbook editors to see if they work. Anyone know if I need to download something I'm running Windows 7 x64?

Erasing formations is unhumanly hard. The only way you could do that is brutal DB Editor magic, which I don't really know how it works. What you could do is, using the Create-a-Playbook option in Madden, grab every formation you want from one type, the save them on their own playbook (Say, grab all of the Singleback formations you want, save the playbook and Singleback.pbo, then the I formations, save as IForm.pbo, grab the Shotguns save as Shotgun.pbo) then, using the Playbook Merger, merge all the formations you want in your final playbook.

Awesome thank you very much. That sounds like it would be much more fun anyway and custom. Is there a limit to how large a playbook can be, or more specific how many plays are allowed in a "playable" playbook?

Return to “Plays and playbooks”