The Playbook Editing help me thread

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: The Playbook Editing help me thread

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:29 pm

pagjame wrote:Awesome thank you very much. That sounds like it would be much more fun anyway and custom. Is there a limit to how large a playbook can be, or more specific how many plays are allowed in a "playable" playbook?

From what I remember, a playbook allows a max of 17 different formations and 400 plays. You can use the merger to compress a playbook and allow you to have more formations and plays. I haven't used that options so I don't know how it works.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

pagjame
All-Pro

Postby pagjame » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:30 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
pagjame wrote:Awesome thank you very much. That sounds like it would be much more fun anyway and custom. Is there a limit to how large a playbook can be, or more specific how many plays are allowed in a "playable" playbook?

From what I remember, a playbook allows a max of 17 different formations and 400 plays. You can use the merger to compress a playbook and allow you to have more formations and plays. I haven't used that options so I don't know how it works.

Unfortunately I can't download the playbook merger. It says file unavailable...

Bengals_18
Rookie

Postby Bengals_18 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:32 am

Hey, i started to create my own playbook, but it only allows me to have 10 formations and 75 plays. I'm almost okay with the number of plays i can have since i only use my favourite ones, but i would love to have more than 10 formations. I read here that is should allow 17 formations, and other playbooks have more than 10 as well. Is there a way i can expand the number of formations in my playbook? Also, how can i do that so that similar formations are under one big formations (currently e.g all the shotgun formations arent in the same spot, they are separate from each other like shotgun and singleback)?

theDude47
Pro Bowl

Postby theDude47 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:36 am

Bengals_18 wrote:Hey, i started to create my own playbook, but it only allows me to have 10 formations and 75 plays. I'm almost okay with the number of plays i can have since i only use my favourite ones, but i would love to have more than 10 formations. I read here that is should allow 17 formations, and other playbooks have more than 10 as well. Is there a way i can expand the number of formations in my playbook? Also, how can i do that so that similar formations are under one big formations (currently e.g all the shotgun formations arent in the same spot, they are separate from each other like shotgun and singleback)?

You need to use Packfan’s playbook merger app. It basically allows you to merger any number of formations together and to group them and possibly compact them. It sadly only works with Windows XP. (I keep a whole virtual machine up and runnnig to use it on my laptop. It really blows having that space taken up on my computer but it’s a very useful tool.)

Look around this forum, there are plenty of threads on using it.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue May 17, 2022 1:01 am

Show Blitz Logic Refined: By MikeWest502 and Solarkev

We've mastered an element that has been addressed, but no positive results found. I wish I could contact Packfan to add this information to his research data.

As we know it, the "show blitz" logic for any defender in Madden had them walking up to the A-Gap only. After testing new values, we're capable of having the FS or SS show blitz to any gap of the LOS and can modify the player position depth off the LOS.

With that here goes and it's very simple:

First, the PSAL numbers...

Step is always 0 - do not touch
Show Blitz Code is 48 - do not touch

Val1 = Percentage of how much the defender will show or disguise his blitz. Numbers below 55, mostly the player is disguising his blitz by not moving much. Using numbers 65 and above will make the defender walk up to the LOS pre-snap.

Val2 = The Gap where the defender will walk up to at LOS.

Val3 = The depth off the LOS the defender will stop at before the snap.

Range of numbers for Val2. 0-22 for the left side of the LOS. 0- -22 negative numbers used for the right side of the LOS. *See note at bottom.

0-5 lines the defender up in the A-Gap. Center/Guard
6-11 lines the defender up in the B-Gap. Guard/Tackle
12-16 lines the defender up in the C-Gap. Tackle/TE
17-22 lines defender up outside the OLB's.

Using the same numbers in negative form line the defender up on the right side of the LOS.

Val3 numbers: Weve been using 6, 8 or 10 so the SS or FS stops his walk befor he gets to the LOS.
0 = defender walks to the LOS.
6 = defender stops off the hip of the Dline.
8 = defender stops at LB depth.
10 = defender stops half yard behind LB's.

Using the Defensive PBE 1.2. Open your playbook, select a play. Double click on defender you want to modify, select Advanced, the move mouse over to Edit PSAL. When the blank box opens up, click "Undo all Changes", you'll see all the logic. Double Click Step "0" make your changes to Vals 1-3, click ok. Save your book, see results in game.

Example data set:
Step Code Val1 Val2 Val3
--0---- 48---- 70--12---8
Pre Snap - The SS will walk up to the C-Gap on the left side of the LOS and stop 3 yards off LOS positioned between Tackle and TE.

:Note - You can not enter negative numbers into the PBE using keyboard. You must use copy/paste function to paste the negative numbers in from a txt file.

Update 5/19/22
The playbook editor converted the negative numbers to positive numbers. -22 was converted to 234. Using that info -21=235, -20=236 etc. You can enter these larger numbers in the editor for the FS to line up in any of the gaps on the right side of the LOS.

Solarkev, if I missed anything chime in please.

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:33 pm

How do I view merged playbooks in PBE Alpha? I get a error every time I click on the formation in the formation tab. Some formations work, others don't. The in game editor can view the plays, but only shows special teams when preview-ing the playbook. The in game editor recognizes the plays from the formations but doesn't recognize the formation itself. It gave all the plays within broken formations AI tags when I saved it.

Madden Playbook Editor - C__Users_willt_Documents_Madden 23-08 Playbook Project_No AI Playbooks_2023Bears.pbo 2_13_2023 5_30_05 PM.png
Madden Playbook Editor - C__Users_willt_Documents_Madden 23-08 Playbook Project_No AI Playbooks_2023Bears.pbo 2_13_2023 5_30_05 PM.png (44.43 KiB) Viewed 1566 times

When using the PBE in windows XP I get:

"Object reference is not set to an instance of an object"

Here's one of playbooks with the error.. All the plays are complete:
Attachments
2023Bears.pbo
(168.82 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

Kyote
All-Pro

Postby Kyote » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:45 am

I am using packfan's editor 1.2, and when I change a route in one play.
The editor will change the route in the entire book, containing that specific route.

Is there a fix for this issue?

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:50 am

Kyote wrote:I am using packfan's editor 1.2, and when I change a route in one play.
The editor will change the route in the entire book, containing that specific route.

That means that file/playbook is compressed. Add it to a GAMEDATA dat then uncompress it and it extract it. There's a file uncompressor on the site somewhere but I don't remember what it's called.

Kyote
All-Pro

Postby Kyote » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:14 am

Thanks, I seen the uncompressed utility somewhere.
Will give it a try, have a good one!

Found it, in case your interested.
Attachments
morebeta1.zip
(232.26 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

datmanmadden59x
Pro Bowl

Postby datmanmadden59x » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:07 am

TheRareButter wrote:
Kyote wrote:I am using packfan's editor 1.2, and when I change a route in one play.

That means that file/playbook is compressed. Add it to a GAMEDATA dat then uncompress it and it extract it. There's a file uncompressor on the site somewhere but I don't remember what it's called.

Hey guys,
I have the "file uncompressor."
I don't know how to uncompress the playbook so it won't cause edited routes to change in other formations.
When I change a qb hand off to the running back on a dive play, it breaks another qb hand off on dive play on a different formation.

Thanks,
Dat

Return to “Plays and playbooks”