The Playbook Editing help me thread

solarkev
Pro Bowl

Re: The Playbook Editing help me thread

Postby solarkev » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:33 pm

you are welcome. I'm glad it is working.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Drizzt_13
All-Pro

Postby Drizzt_13 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:07 pm

Hey so I'm completely new to using the Packfan editor and I have a question

1)There is an option that says "Edit PSAL" but if I open it there appears to be no way to manually change the numbers in the table it shows me. I can add a record but I can't change any of the values to something other than 0. I can undo changes to see the PSAL codes and values from what I've imported or what I've set the play to do but I can't change those codes. Is it possible to manually enter PSAL codes and values in this editor?

2) Whenever I set a pass rush it asks me "Do not force direction?(almost routes do not force direction)". What does forcing direction mean?

3) Whenever I set a pass rush and then set something else the player set to pass rush reverts to whatever they were originally doing (pass block or run block if I'm starting from a new play)
Edit: Figured this one out, after the pass rush is set the editor will open another prompt, if you select end route the pass rush stays.

4) Madden play art shows pass rushes where the player switches direction midway through but I can only make straight lines in the editor? Is there a way to make the player change directions during a blitz.
Edit: Like in 3 the editor instantly opens another left click menu and you just select another pass rush in order to do a multiple step pass rush.

5) I have found in playbooks I've looked at players with multiple step assignments, typically this is a pass rush followed by a chase the ball carrier assignment. How do I give players multiple step directions? Currently if I assign a player a pass rush and then to chase the ball carrier it just overwrites the pass rush.
Edit: Don't left click again after setting the pass rush, just use the menu it gives you.

6) Is there anyway to change the frequency with which the AI will use the shifts you assign?

7) In zones the player is set to spy a certain Reciever, while common sense would mean that this is the player they are reacting to first and foremost does any one have any more exact information on how it effects the play?

rahien.din
Pro Bowl

Postby rahien.din » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:35 am

Hi Drizzt,

What version of the editor are you using?

Drizzt_13
All-Pro

Postby Drizzt_13 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:25 am

On the Files section of the wiki it is labeled as Defensive Playbook Editor 1.2 (1.0 won't run) but the actual ,exe is called The Madden Playbook Editor.

Cydver
Veteran

Postby Cydver » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:55 am

Hi, I've also run into a problem using the Defensive Playbook Editor like the user above, and would appreciate some help.

I used the Playbook Merger's compression so I could get more plays and formations in, because the default limit just isn't enough. The playbook and everything runs well, but for some reason the playart of certain plays would be messed up; some of these include plays where the DE plays the flats, but the flat zone doesn't actually appear on the sidelines, but directly below the DE, causing overlapping with some of the blitz arrows. Another example would be the deep zones being messed up and actually going out of the playart box for some reason. It's not a functionality issue, but extremely annoying.

Also, I'm trying to have just the base formations of 3-4 Under, 3-4 Over, 4-3 Under and 4-3 Over because I only want to employ 1-gap base defenses. For some reason, whenever I go into the in-game playbook editor, any 4-3 over/under plays have the d-line scrunched together, particularly the 2 DTs. This is even before I save or anything; I just go to any team's stock playbook, pick any 4-3 over/under play (such as 2 man under), and go to "test play". The d-linemen are not aligned in 1-gap at all, as the 2 DTs are literally right next to each other, and then there are bigger gaps between the DT and DE, screwing up the alignment.

Is there a way to use compression and not have the playart mess up? I have a total of 275 plays that I would like to include in this playbook. And is it hence impossible to have any 4-3 plays where the d-linemen are not screwed up?

Drizzt_13
All-Pro

Postby Drizzt_13 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:50 pm

I have a lot of problems where I set my corners to play deepest man and they just play the guy lined up across from them. I'm trying to get them to basically play cover 3 but in a way that I can edit the shading. Any one else figured out how to get deepest man to actually be deepest man?

Cydver wrote:
Also, I'm trying to have just the base formations of 3-4 Under, 3-4 Over, 4-3 Under and 4-3 Over because I only want to employ 1-gap base defenses. For some reason, whenever I go into the in-game playbook editor, any 4-3 over/under plays have the d-line scrunched together, particularly the 2 DTs. This is even before I save or anything; I just go to any team's stock playbook, pick any 4-3 over/under play (such as 2 man under), and go to "test play". The d-linemen are not aligned in 1-gap at all, as the 2 DTs are literally right next to each other, and then there are bigger gaps between the DT and DE, screwing up the alignment.

Use Packfan's Defensive playbook editor 1.2, you can change the way players are lined up in the formation quite easily. I think you should also be be able to do that within the madden playbook editor too, just change the alignment of the D-line before you hit "test play".

Drizzt_13
All-Pro

Postby Drizzt_13 » Wed May 15, 2013 2:50 pm

I've been working on a Bears AI Playbook and I've run into a bit of a snag. When I went to playtest it I noticed it's highly unstable and the game frequently crashes while using it in exhibition mode. I assumed this was because I hadn't yet tagged anything to certain PBAI values (11-12, 21-22). When I try to tag plays to those PBAI numbers the Playbook editor has an error. Anyone ever encountered this before?
Attachments
BearsTampa2.pbd
(139.08 KiB) Downloaded 148 times

rahien.din
Pro Bowl

Postby rahien.din » Sat May 18, 2013 1:39 pm

Drizzt_13 wrote:Hey so I'm completely new to using the Packfan editor and I have a question

1)There is an option that says "Edit PSAL" but if I open it there appears to be no way to manually change the numbers in the table it shows me. I can add a record but I can't change any of the values to something other than 0. I can undo changes to see the PSAL codes and values from what I've imported or what I've set the play to do but I can't change those codes. Is it possible to manually enter PSAL codes and values in this editor?
You absolutely can do this. Not recommended if you don't know what the PSAL codes mean, but obviously most of them are known. There used to be a spreadsheet floating around that listed them all out. I have a hard copy but the file got eaten by a bad hard drive. If anyone has that spreadsheet, would they post it here or to the wiki?

2) Whenever I set a pass rush it asks me "Do not force direction?(almost routes do not force direction)". What does forcing direction mean?
As far as I know, if you don't force direction the player has some degree of freedom in his pass rush. I tend to force direction for the initial first steps a DL will take. It seems to make their pass rush more precise and predetermined.

An interesting question is what does it mean to force direction. It could mean that the player takes the exact steps determined by your playcall, whereas if he did not force direction the AI would get to freelance a litte. It could also mean that if your player forces direction, he rushes that spot from wherever he is on the field, whereas if he does not force direction he simply takes the same steps. not sure.

7) In zones the player is set to spy a certain Reciever, while common sense would mean that this is the player they are reacting to first and foremost does any one have any more exact information on how it effects the play?
Actually, if anyone knows this I would like to know too. There are some interesting questions regarding pass coverage with respect to alignments that this could affect.

reinmar8
Rookie

Postby reinmar8 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:55 am

How do you make a handoff to the hb? And i noticed that when i made. new formationv and a new play that the qb 3-5 dropstep is kinda off. btw am using the playbook editor in gamvl ge

DSzymborski
Pro Bowl

Postby DSzymborski » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:36 am

reinmar8 wrote:How do you make a handoff to the hb? And i noticed that when i made. new formationv and a new play that the qb 3-5 dropstep is kinda off. btw am using the playbook editor in gamvl ge

Easiest way to learn is to look at existing playbooks and see what the commands are.

Return to “Plays and playbooks”