The Playbook Editing help me thread

Tyco94
Rookie

Re: The Playbook Editing help me thread

Postby Tyco94 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:17 am

Does anyone have Teoita's playbooks? He shared a link to them on another thread years ago but the link is dead. I'm trying to analyze the pseudo-option plays and the jet motion pass plays

Sponsor

Sponsor

Tyco94
Rookie

Postby Tyco94 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:55 pm

Is it possible to copy or rip certain formations/plays from one playbook and paste them into another?

So far I've tried to get the Playbook Merger working on a Windows XP virtual Machine using the guide TheRareButter posted a while ago but no dice, I can't seem to get .NET Framework 3.5 installed on the virtualbox. I've tried looking up a solution but so far nothing works, so I figured I'd ask to see if there was a way to move formations/plays from one playbook to another without having to manually re-write every formation and play I want from different playbooks.

There's a lot of great T-Formation, Wing-T, and Wishbone plays scattered across multiple different playbooks on here that I'd like to combine into one playbook.

BrickTamland
Rookie

Postby BrickTamland » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:19 am

I've been using the Playbook editor for a little over a year now, and there are still a few things that remain unclear. One of them is the type of cut that you can assign to a player's route. The hitch type cut in particular, whenever I select "right" it works perfectly, but if I want my player to used the same to the left, he cuts right anyway. Same thing happens with quick smash. I could never figure out why. Curl, hitch comeback etc, everything works fine.

Does anyone have any idea why that happens ? 

BrickTamland
Rookie

Postby BrickTamland » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:07 pm

Alright I'll ask one more question and then I'll just give up because I can't find the answer anywhere. I've managed to get the playbook merger to work, but if I create a playbook with more than 160 plays ( I think ) I cannot use it in game. I can use it without any problem in practice mode, everything works fine, but as soon as I get possession in an actual game, Madden freezes. It doesn't even crash, it just freezes on the screen. I have tried compressing the book but the same thing happens. If I lower the number of plays then it works. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong this time or if I even compress the playbook properly. I've read about people creating playbooks with hundreds of plays and I don't understand how they do it.

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:35 pm

Are you starting your playbook with merger's blank? Never do that, it just messes things up. Always create your base playbook in game and use merger to import other playbooks into that one. I usually create a playbook with Goal Line, I Form-Normal, Shotgun-Normal etc in Madden. I then import all other sub formations like I Form-3WR, Shotgun-Strong Slot etc into my base playbook with merger. At some point you'll have to compress when you reach whatever play limit there is, but I've never had a problem with it. I also use all stock plays that are already in Madden, I don't create custom plays other than a QB Sneak in the Singleback-4WR (not sure why it isn't already in Madden). You then have to use the playbook editor to set the AI for each play, the formation shifts, the audibles etc. Very time consuming, that's why I don't make huge playbooks. Good luck.

BrickTamland
Rookie

Postby BrickTamland » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:49 pm

mike9472 wrote:Are you starting your playbook with merger's blank? Never do that, it just messes things up. Always create your base playbook in game and use merger to import other playbooks into that one. I usually create a playbook with Goal Line, I Form-Normal, Shotgun-Normal etc in Madden. I then import all other sub formations like I Form-3WR, Shotgun-Strong Slot etc into my base playbook with merger. At some point you'll have to compress when you reach whatever play limit there is, but I've never had a problem with it. I also use all stock plays that are already in Madden, I don't create custom plays other than a QB Sneak in the Singleback-4WR (not sure why it isn't already in Madden). You then have to use the playbook editor to set the AI for each play, the formation shifts, the audibles etc. Very time consuming, that's why I don't make huge playbooks. Good luck.

«Are you starting your playbook with merger's blank?»

Yes that's what I did. I'll try again tomorrow using your method above. I do however create all of my custom plays, that's kind of the point. Thanks for the reply.

Edit : Holy Christ dude it actually worked ! You were right, I created the playbook the way you said I should and now everything works. You have no idea what you just did. Thank you so much.

BrickTamland
Rookie

Postby BrickTamland » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:43 pm

Do you guys know if there is a way to assign a specific button to an eligible receiver ? Say assign R1 to the slot receiver instead of L1.

Nevermind I found how to do it.

Return to “Plays and playbooks”