The Playbook Editing help me thread

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: The Playbook Editing help me thread

Postby jose21crisis » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:29 pm

pagjame wrote:Awesome thank you very much. That sounds like it would be much more fun anyway and custom. Is there a limit to how large a playbook can be, or more specific how many plays are allowed in a "playable" playbook?

From what I remember, a playbook allows a max of 17 different formations and 400 plays. You can use the merger to compress a playbook and allow you to have more formations and plays. I haven't used that options so I don't know how it works.

Sponsor

Sponsor

pagjame
Pro Bowl

Postby pagjame » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:30 pm

jose21crisis wrote:
pagjame wrote:Awesome thank you very much. That sounds like it would be much more fun anyway and custom. Is there a limit to how large a playbook can be, or more specific how many plays are allowed in a "playable" playbook?

From what I remember, a playbook allows a max of 17 different formations and 400 plays. You can use the merger to compress a playbook and allow you to have more formations and plays. I haven't used that options so I don't know how it works.

Unfortunately I can't download the playbook merger. It says file unavailable...

Bengals_18
Rookie

Postby Bengals_18 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:32 am

Hey, i started to create my own playbook, but it only allows me to have 10 formations and 75 plays. I'm almost okay with the number of plays i can have since i only use my favourite ones, but i would love to have more than 10 formations. I read here that is should allow 17 formations, and other playbooks have more than 10 as well. Is there a way i can expand the number of formations in my playbook? Also, how can i do that so that similar formations are under one big formations (currently e.g all the shotgun formations arent in the same spot, they are separate from each other like shotgun and singleback)?

theDude47
Pro Bowl

Postby theDude47 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:36 am

Bengals_18 wrote:Hey, i started to create my own playbook, but it only allows me to have 10 formations and 75 plays. I'm almost okay with the number of plays i can have since i only use my favourite ones, but i would love to have more than 10 formations. I read here that is should allow 17 formations, and other playbooks have more than 10 as well. Is there a way i can expand the number of formations in my playbook? Also, how can i do that so that similar formations are under one big formations (currently e.g all the shotgun formations arent in the same spot, they are separate from each other like shotgun and singleback)?

You need to use Packfan’s playbook merger app. It basically allows you to merger any number of formations together and to group them and possibly compact them. It sadly only works with Windows XP. (I keep a whole virtual machine up and runnnig to use it on my laptop. It really blows having that space taken up on my computer but it’s a very useful tool.)

Look around this forum, there are plenty of threads on using it.

Return to “Plays and playbooks”