Formation grouping

thegipper
Rookie

Formation grouping

Postby thegipper » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:15 pm

Hey guys! I'm a veteran Madden 08 player still enjoyin the game thanks to the amazing third party programs. Although I've been playing around with the PB editor and the PB merger programs for a long time I had never tried before grouping ormations so I can use a playbook with more than 17 formations. I've tried but I just can't figure out how to do it. Can somebody please help me? What program do I need to use? I tried MXDB but I'm not sure that's the one because I always get an error message. Thanks in advance!

Formation grouping

Sponsor

Sponsor

mike9472
MVP

Re: Formation grouping

Postby mike9472 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:49 pm

Not sure if I'm understanding your question but if you're trying to make a custom playbook that looks like a default playbook, then you have to use playbook merger. What I mean by default, is having all sub sets of a given formation grouped together. For example Shotgun Normal-->Shotgun 2 RB-->Shotgun 4WR etc. Just like the default playbooks, you would use the left/right d-pad to scroll through the sub sets. It's pretty complicated and can get very confusing because there's a lot of renaming and combining that you have to do.

thegipper
Rookie

Postby thegipper » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:14 pm

Thanks mike9472 for your time and answer. That's precisely what I meant. I've used the playbook merger but I'm limited to 17 formations. I wanted to create those sub sets, so I can group some of those formations together scrolling right and left, and make it bigger, but I don't know how to group those sub sets (like all the variations of the I formations together). How can I do that?

Thanks again in advance mike9472!

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:17 am

thegipper wrote:Thanks mike9472 for your time and answer. That's precisely what I meant. I've used the playbook merger but I'm limited to 17 formations. I wanted to create those sub sets, so I can group some of those formations together scrolling right and left, and make it bigger, but I don't know how to group those sub sets (like all the variations of the I formations together). How can I do that?

Thanks again in advance mike9472!

I sent you a PM, hope it helps.

thegipper
Rookie

Postby thegipper » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:25 pm

You have no idea how thankful I am mike9472!. I was going nuts trying to figure out how to do it.
Thanks a million buddy!!!!

Return to “Plays and playbooks”