Madden 2021 Playbooks

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 20 Playbooks

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:27 pm

Minnesota Vikings Offense: 14 Formations with 140+ plays!
Attachments
Minnesota Vikings 2021.pbo
(187.3 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

Re: Madden 20 Playbooks

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 2021 Playbooks

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:19 pm

Seattle Seahawk 2021 Defensive Playbook
160+ Plays

Edit: The playbook was a total of 169 plays. There was a glitch. When I created the last formation set (Goalline) that included 9 plays. The editor started to act weird when I was working on the last play of the set (60 Out) and input kick return logic into the position logic. I input pass rush, for the left DE, the editor added punt return logic to the end of the logic. That rendered the playbook uneditable, i received a error and the editor crashed. When I tested the book in game, the kick return plays were replaced by the 4-3 Normal formation set.

In testing, I created 2 other versions and the same thing happened (with different formations being at the end of the book), and only when I created the last play in the book, no matter which formation. I concluded that there is a total play limit to uncompressed books of 168. Playbooks with more plays will need to be compressed at the point where the formations and plays are merged into a different book making a larger version.

I thought that I could simply delete the last play in the book using the DB Editor. That kinda worked. The kick return plays were visible at the start of the game. But during the first 1tr, I let the other team score. The 2-4-5 set displayed in place of the kick return set. I called a time out. That reset the Kick return plays. But that's not the solution!

Tools used are: Packfan Defensive Playbook Editor 1.2, Playbook Merger & DB Editor!

*** Funny part: When I allowed the 2-4-5 play to go on during the kick off, my team lined up on the ball, then blocked the kick off and I was awarded the ball spotted at the opponent 32 yard line! :lol: :lol: Oddly the game didn't crash as I played through2 quarters!

New version will be posted later tonight with the 168 plays!

Edit #2: The redo went well. I am working on the AI. It will be ready tomorrow sometime!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Formation Audibles Unleashed the Packfan0820 Way

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:13 pm

First, I want to apologize to Packfan0820 for not using his playbook editors to their fullest potential. With that, let's dive right in to todays topic, formation audibles. In the past I was unclear on how to get them to work using the Packfan00820 Playbook Editors. But this morning I woke with a new clarity. Before today, I thought I could only get formation audibles to work by editing the playbooks in the DB_Editor. I WAS WRONG!!!!!

The formation audible can be successfully created when using the PF PBE. So, let's do it!

In my example, I will be using a defensive book. But the same steps can be performed within any offensive book as well!

First open the PBE. Open any book to use as a test until you get the hang of it! Click the "Formations Tab", select defense. The box listed Formation Groups has just that, the "Groups" and the Audibles 1-4! Below the "Group Box" is a small box named "Formations". Any formation can be used from the "Group" as a formation audible. Let's set them up correctly so that we can achieve sweetness!

In this example, I'm going to use the 3-4 Normal Group and then add the 3-4 Odd, 3-4 Even, 3-4 Over and 3-4 Over Plus as the formation audibles for the 3-4 Normal Group.

Step 1. Click on the 3-4 Even Group. Notice in the formations box below, it's empty with no formation name. Using your mouse, Right-Click the first record #0 in the "formations" box to bring up a list of commands. Left-Click "Edit SETL Record Data". When the new box appears, type in EVEN, click ok. Now the formations box has it's only entry, EVEN.

Perform step 1 with the other 3-4 Formation Groups (Odd, Over and Over Plus)! Now each of the formations are ready to be "MOVED" to the 3-4 Normal Group!

Step 2. Right-Click on "EVEN" in the formation name box. Highlight "Move Selected Entry to Different Formation Group". Click the down arrow to the right to bring up the sub-list of "Formation Groups" and select 3-4 Normal.

Perform step #2 for each of the other 3-4 formations, (Odd, Over & Over Plus). When you're done with that. Those formations will be "sub" formations within the 3-4 Normal Group!

Double-Click the 3-4 Normal Group Name to bring up the formation audibles box. Click the down-arrow under Audible 1, select EVEN. Click the down-arrow under Audible 2, select ODD. Click the down-arrow under Audible 3, select OVER. and finally click the down-arrow under Audible 4, select OVER PLUS! At this point your formation audibles are set and ready to go. Now wasn't that process easy??

YOU MUST HAVE 4 SUB FORMATIONS MOVED TO THE GROUP TO CREATE THE AUDIBLES. ANYTHING LESS, THE PFE WILL CRASH! AND YOU WILL RENDER THE PLAYBOOK UNEDITABLE!

And remember, you can have any formation set as an formation audible as long as it has been moved to within the formation group.

Kindly note: I do not recommend having formation audibles on defenses with mis-match formation. Meaning, I would not have a 3-4 formation audible in the Dime formation group. You will have a great disadvantage in matchups. I do recommend having 3-4's in the 3-4 audibles, and 4-3's with in the 4-3 group etc. I would not have a Nickel 3-3-5 included in the base Nickel group as the personnel is different!

Boooom, formation audibles complete!

AustinGyatso
Rookie

Postby AustinGyatso » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:07 pm

can i get a link to the playbook files? i can't seem to find them anywhere on this post or in the replies.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:11 pm

AustinGyatso wrote:can i get a link to the playbook files? i can't seem to find them anywhere on this post or in the replies.

The playbooks are included with the FF/FI latest mod. There is a download link available in that topic's OP.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:22 pm

New Orleans Saints 2021 Defensive Playbook
160+ plays 14 formations

The book is ready and will be posted soon along with the Seahawks book! Cinncy Bengals defense is 85% complete and I will be starting the Buc''s defense this weekend once the Bengals books is completed!

Return to “Plays and playbooks”