Madden 20 Playbooks

MikeWest502
MVP

Re: Madden 20 Playbooks

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:05 pm

RevanFan wrote:One note for the Cowboys' defense, the coaches have said that they plan to use nickel and dime packages about 80% of the time, so I'd make nickel the base defense. 4-3 and 3-4 will not be used much.

Madden 20 shows the % the formations/plays are actually used. So those formations with higher % were chosen. Also, each formation has a number of plays. More plays in the formation means the teams uses that formation more! And it matches the % in real-time NFL!

Furthermore, the Madden 20-21 developers use actual game films when they design the books for the game! My books are based 100% on that logic and not any personal preferences from last season! So what's in my books are what the teams actually ran. The 2021 books are end of season scheme based on the entire 2019 season plus the up coming 2020 coaching changes! So if the boys go away from 4-3 and 3-4, feel free to modify the book into a Nickel based defense as their scheme changes!

Finally, in Madden 08, if you want the teams to call more pass based Nickel, Dime coverage. Open the coaches tab and push the defensive pass/run ratio to 60% or higher!

Thanks for the feed back!

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:57 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:Finally, in Madden 08, if you want the teams to call more pass based Nickel, Dime coverage. Open the coaches tab and push the defensive pass/run ratio to 60% or higher!

Guess I'll be setting that to maybe 75% then. Thanks.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

MikeWest502
MVP

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:12 am

RevanFan wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:Finally, in Madden 08, if you want the teams to call more pass based Nickel, Dime coverage. Open the coaches tab and push the defensive pass/run ratio to 60% or higher!

Guess I'll be setting that to maybe 75% then. Thanks.

Of course I meant 60% Pass or higher!

Or, you could start a new Dallas book. Then use the playbook merger tool to import the other nickel & dime formations from the team add-on's I uploaded that the cowboys will be using this season. And you could also export more Nickel and Dime formations from the other team's playbooks that were included in the package to accommodate your modifications!

But I warn you, if you do make a Nickel based book, you will need to adjust your roster's personnel to match or you will get the odd-ball subs as your DB's and LB's tire! Also set your sub-out to adjust accordingly! You will need 6-7 CB's and 3-4 FS and SS to have a normal sub pattern!

You have a few good options to choose from Revanfan!

Edit: The team at EA Sports noticed in their film study and review after M19 that just because a team runs a 4-3, doesn't mean they get all of the 4-3 formations. If a team only runs Odd or Under, that's what they will have in the Madden games. My books matched that philosophy 100%!

RedSox
Rookie

Postby RedSox » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:42 pm

Amazing stuff! How can I add the current Madden defaults to my game, please?

MikeWest502
MVP

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:44 pm

RedSox wrote:Amazing stuff! How can I add the current Madden defaults to my game, please?

RedSox, what part of the Madden defaults are you referring to? These playbooks should be copied into your \My Documents\Madden NFL 08\Playbooks\ folder! When you start the game they will be available for you to select!

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:44 am

With MikeWest502 help.... I designed a Blitz happy defensive book for the 3-4 ( originally for the Steelers ) but it can be used for the default 3-4
or any team the uses the 3-4

3-4 Blitz.pbd
(139.55 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

MikeWest502
MVP

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:50 am

BUS36 wrote:With MikeWest502 help.... I designed a Blitz happy defensive book for the 3-4 ( originally for the Steelers ) but it can be used for the default 3-4
or any team the uses the 3-4

3-4 Blitz.pbd
:D :D :D

Absolutely BUS36, is this an update from your last 3-4? I called it 3-4 Max and it was installed as the 3-4 defense in the gamedat! I assigned it to every team that used a 3-4 scheme that didn't have their own book! Pile up sacks coach! Nice work!

solarkev
Veteran

Postby solarkev » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:57 pm

The playbooks are magnificent! What amazing work, MikeWest. I'm having a blast just playing play combinations in practice mode. I'm impressed that you managed to understand and apply the settings in the database so that these can be used in games effectively. Wow.

Thank you for providing many hours of rekindled enjoyment.

MikeWest502
MVP

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:15 pm

solarkev wrote:The playbooks are magnificent! What amazing work, MikeWest. I'm having a blast just playing play combinations in practice mode. I'm impressed that you managed to understand and apply the settings in the database so that these can be used in games effectively. Wow.

Thank you for providing many hours of rekindled enjoyment.

Thanks for the compliments Solarkev. I'm glad your fire is rekindled. Please enjoy them. If you find any problems don't hesitate to post so I can fix the issue!

Inspired by the Cincy team's play yesterday, their defense will be coming soon!

Col. Trautman
All-Pro

Postby Col. Trautman » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:38 pm

Great play books! I am curious how you got the book merger to work I always get an error and nothing even loads....

Return to “Plays and playbooks”