Adding motion to any WR, TE, HB, or FB

CaliforniaBear82
Rookie

Postby CaliforniaBear82 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:58 pm

I am using the playbook editor program I downloaded. I am just copying the players routes and block schemes from another playbook. I cannot find an option to add motion pre snap to get RBs to go wideout in an RPO/spread offense.

Does anyone know of a thread like this or have any recommendations to go about adding motion left and right before a play?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsor

Sponsor

joho823
Rookie

Re: Adding motion to any WR, TE, HB, or FB

Postby joho823 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:28 pm

I don't think that is possible

CaliforniaBear82
Rookie

Postby CaliforniaBear82 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:54 pm

joho823 wrote:I don't think that is possible

The game play using the playbook I copied allows me to motion a RB pre snap using a yellow arrow either right or left. The one I am trying to copy is Air raid 3.0

Can you recommend a merger program that works with retro ‘Windows Vista’?

MikeWest502
Veteran

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:46 am

CaliforniaBear82 wrote:
joho823 wrote:I don't think that is possible

The game play using the playbook I copied allows me to motion a RB pre snap using a yellow arrow either right or left. The one I am trying to copy is Air raid 3.0

Can you recommend a merger program that works with retro ‘Windows Vista’?

Hey CaliforniaBear82, check this link. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18208&hilit=Automotion

IF you need more info post your question here! I'm working on Madden 20 playbooks and just learned how to add the auto motions. Also did you check or copy routes from the Flexbone or Spread Offenses? Those books have a few automotion option plays built in!

I just learn how to use RPO plays in Madden 20.

CaliforniaBear82
Rookie

Postby CaliforniaBear82 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:30 am

Thank you, the Flexbone playbook I play from time to time. I have had my eye on it. Will try a formation to see if it works. Auto motion is intriguing. ‘Green arrow’ on the play art.

Do you know how to get a player highlighted ‘yellow arrow’and click left/right and get them to line up differently? I go into practice mode to test my findings from the editor. The routes are run well, but no players are available for motion pre snap.

Thanks

MikeWest502
Veteran

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:45 pm

CaliforniaBear82 wrote:Thank you, the Flexbone playbook I play from time to time. I have had my eye on it. Will try a formation to see if it works. Auto motion is intriguing. ‘Green arrow’ on the play art.

Do you know how to get a player highlighted ‘yellow arrow’and click left/right and get them to line up differently? I go into practice mode to test my findings from the editor. The routes are run well, but no players are available for motion pre snap.

Thanks

I think you referring to the pre-snap shift, which is different from auto motion logic! That movement get adjusted in the formation shifts.

CaliforniaBear82
Rookie

Postby CaliforniaBear82 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:52 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
CaliforniaBear82 wrote:Thank you, the Flexbone playbook I play from time to time. I have had my eye on it. Will try a formation to see if it works. Auto motion is intriguing. ‘Green arrow’ on the play art.

Thanks

I think you referring to the pre-snap shift, which is different from auto motion logic! That movement get adjusted in the formation shifts.

This is getting good. Formation shifts where can I edit those? Hehehe

Still I will use some of that Flexbone pre snap motion as well. I look forward to trying out your 20 playbooks as well!

MikeWest502
Veteran

Postby MikeWest502 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:52 pm

CaliforniaBear82 wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Thanks

Still I will use some of that Flexbone pre snap motion as well. I look forward to trying out your 20 playbooks as well!

I use the Madden Alpha Playbook Editor to do my formation shifts. OPen the editor, load your book, click formations tab.

The Select Formation Shift/Motion - Notice it's set to normal by default. That is the yellow direction(s) shifts your looking for each of the 5 eligible backs/TE/WR's. Each eligible back has motion left and motion right. If you select the first item, Motion P1 Left. It will show you the P1 final position after the motion/shift to the left (red). Click the P1 red circle, you can drag the P1 to any position you wish. You will be prompted to save the change after you're done. You can now motion/shift your players to anywhere you like!

Now the cool piece! Next to the Select Formation Shift/Motion, you have the Edit Formation Shifts. Click and a new window will display. On the left column you have Shifts, to the right you have Shifted Players! Click Motion P1 Left in the left column, in the Shifted Players column you will have only HB with a check mark next to it! That means when you have the HB shift/motion, he's the ONLY player that will motion/shift!

Now if you want to have multiple players shift at the same time, simply put a check mark in the box next to the player(s) you want in the Shifted Players column! in the . Ex, I have Motion P1 left, only HB and TE have check marks in their box. That means when you shift P1 (HB left), you can also have the TE motion left also. So now when you go back to the Select Formation Shifts/Motion and select P1 Motion left, BOTH the HB and the TE are now red and can be dragged/dropped motion/shifted to the left side of field where you like.

I have a shift where all 5 WR's move to new positions, like the Dallas Cowboys of the 80's!

You can mix and match who you want to motion/shift now!

As far as the Auto-motion, using the advanced PSAL editor in the Madden 2.5 Offense editor. Val1 = X-Axis (horizontal sideline to sideline), Val2= Y-Axis (vertical endzone to endzone). Val3 is speed the WR is motioning, 255 = 100% full speed! The values (1 and 2) are based on the degrees of a circle!

The playbooks in the game have lot's of auto-motion, block-release routes and play-action logic you may find handy! Unfortunately, you'll have to go through each team's book to get the info you want to emulate!

I only been using the external editors less than 30 days, but I been practicing daily to get familiar with the functions. Without them, there would be no Madden 20 playbooks! I'm working on Jet Sweep logic now!

Thanks to the guy(s) who dreamed the tools into existence!

Any more ?'s post! I sense your excitement, have fun experimenting!

CaliforniaBear82
Rookie

Postby CaliforniaBear82 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:57 am

MikeWest502 wrote:
CaliforniaBear82 wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

I use the Madden Alpha Playbook Editor to do my formation shifts. OPen the editor, load your book, click formations tab.

The Select Formation Shift/Motion - Notice it's set to normal by default. That is the yellow direction(s) shifts your looking for each of the 5 eligible backs/TE/WR's. Each eligible back has motion left and motion right. If you select the first item, Motion P1 Left. It will show you the P1 final position after the motion/shift to the left (red). Click the P1 red circle, you can drag the P1 to any position you wish. You will be prompted to save the change after you're done. You can now motion/shift your players to anywhere you like!

Now the cool piece! Next to the Select Formation Shift/Motion, you have the Edit Formation Shifts. Click and a new window will display. On the left column you have Shifts, to the right you have Shifted Players! Click Motion P1 Left in the left column, in the Shifted Players column you will have only HB with a check mark next to it! That means when you have the HB shift/motion, he's the ONLY player that will motion/shift!

Now if you want to have multiple players shift at the same time, simply put a check mark in the box next to the player(s) you want in the Shifted Players column! in the . Ex, I have Motion P1 left, only HB and TE have check marks in their box. That means when you shift P1 (HB left), you can also have the TE motion left also. So now when you go back to the Select Formation Shifts/Motion and select P1 Motion left, BOTH the HB and the TE are now red and can be dragged/dropped motion/shifted to the left side of field where you like.

I have a shift where all 5 WR's move to new positions, like the Dallas Cowboys of the 80's!

You can mix and match who you want to motion/shift now!

As far as the Auto-motion, using the advanced PSAL editor in the Madden 2.5 Offense editor. Val1 = X-Axis (horizontal sideline to sideline), Val2= Y-Axis (vertical endzone to endzone). Val3 is speed the WR is motioning, 255 = 100% full speed! The values (1 and 2) are based on the degrees of a circle!

The playbooks in the game have lot's of auto-motion, block-release routes and play-action logic you may find handy! Unfortunately, you'll have to go through each team's book to get the info you want to emulate!

I only been using the external editors less than 30 days, but I been practicing daily to get familiar with the functions. Without them, there would be no Madden 20 playbooks! I'm working on Jet Sweep logic now!

Thanks to the guy(s) who dreamed the tools into existence!

Any more ?'s post! I sense your excitement, have fun experimenting!

Wow! How fun it works! The best advice ever. I have some trouble with a HB motioning and rather than have him strafing, I’d like to try a horizontal jog like motion. I will try and move his P1 Motion Left back off the line of scrimmage.

Thanks

MikeWest502
Veteran

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:27 pm

Quoted: Wow! How fun it works! The best advice ever. I have some trouble with a HB motioning and rather than have him strafing, I’d like to try a horizontal jog like motion. I will try and move his P1 Motion Left back off the line of scrimmage.

There are two PSAL codes the game uses for Auto-motion. Code 101 is used for jog/run motion any speed down to 50%. I haven't tried any speeds lower than 50%. Code 103 is used for Auto-Motion Strafe any speed, I haven't used any strafe speeds below 55%.

Code 102 is Snap Ball code. You need this code set after auto-motion is done. Auto-motion, snap ball, run route!

You can create your auto-motion routes using the Madden Alpha Playbook Editor. I just made fresh WR Jet sweep routes for the Cincy Bengals coming soon! Routes can be exported and viewed in in MS Excel. Open the routes folder, open offense folder, right-click on any .PSAL file. Click 'open-with', if find your spreadsheet app. I use several MS Excel, Quattro nad Open Office XL! When you open the routes in the SS app, the steps are backwards

All data per record/row is seperated by a comma, and not merged into a seperate columns:

Instead of the file opening like: Step - Code - Val1 - Val2 - Val3

It shows: Val1 - Val2 - Val3 - Code - Step, seperated by commas ("val1","val2","val3","code","step")
239 235 175 103 0 ("239","235","175", "103", "0"

Return to “Plays and playbooks”