Possible Project: Overhauling every playbook in the Gamedata.dat file

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Possible Project: Overhauling every playbook in the Gamedata.dat file

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:28 pm

RevanFan wrote:I have a question. How do you gather all the information you need to recreate each team's playbook?

It is a combination of using moonbax's research for 2016 (Most effective when teams don't change head coach, defensive coordinator or scheme. So his research is useless when I get to a team like the Rams or Jaguars) and googling around to see what I get. What I have not do is do film study of each team, which probably I should do to get more accuracy on the schemes. Also, when people suggest stuff, I can put it in.

So for example. I know the Steelers ran the 3-4, didn't ran the Nickel 3-3-5 a lot and kept both their outside linebackers as Edge Rushers. The best playbook for them as a base was the Base 3-4 or the Pats playbook. Then I altered the player positions to fit what the team ran. So, on the Nickel 2-4-5, I removed both Defensive Tackles and placed the Defensive Ends instead.

For other teams, like ... say ... the Pats, I would need to research more what kind of sub packages run. I do know they run the 3-4 ... kind of ... they actually run a "Big" 3-3-5, with Patrick Chung serving as an inside linebacker. Teams that run a 4-3 Tampa 2 (Like the Cowboys) would use the Bucs 4-3 playbook as a base. I know the Cowboys swap their Defensive Line constantly, so each 4-3 version (Normal, Over and Under) would have a different line up for the D-Line.

The good thing is that moonbax's research is mostly accurate (Some exceptions apply, for example, the Steelers) and I can google around to see what I can get. The SB Nation's sub sites are pretty damn useful for this, and most (if not all) got a Film Room subsection which I can review to see which changes I can do.

EDIT: Also, a little change I did was alter the FG Block play AI tags to see if the CPU is more willing to block FGs.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ShoNuff
Rookie

Postby ShoNuff » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:18 pm

It's been months since last post in this thread. Was wondering if you would do some of the Generic books? Preferably Balanced Offense and Defense.

Also would appreciate if you would post any other books you have finished. Thanks

Return to “Plays and playbooks”