Can we add an NFL Head Coach subforum?

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:43 pm

Prior to finding this website I had never heard about Front Page Sports, It was cool to get a football gaming history lesson when I researched it, but It's so dead and inferior to NFL Head Coach. NFL HC has a increasing demand around it due to Madden being lackluster and GM mode being so dry. It'd be a good spot for all the specific updated rosters and graphical mods being done to it lately.
Attachments
Football-Freaks -_ NFL Head Coach PC (Madden PC, NFL Head Coach PC, NFL News & Football Forums) - Google Chrome 6_27_2021 5_18_15 PM.png
Here's a nostalgia post for the OGs
Football-Freaks -_ NFL Head Coach PC (Madden PC, NFL Head Coach PC, NFL News & Football Forums) - Google Chrome 6_27_2021 5_18_15 PM.png (408.83 KiB) Viewed 2936 times

Sponsor

Sponsor

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Can we replace the Front Page Sports forum with NFL Head Coach?

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:47 pm

Why? Why replace it, when HC already has it's place? Even thought I don't play FPS Football anymore, it was a front runner over Madden in it's pime. First to do career mode, the gameplay, first to break the spirit tackle barrier, gameplannig & play creation were far superior than Madden. It deserves it's place just like HC. Just askin!

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:58 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:Why? Why replace it, when HC already has it's place? Even thought I don't play FPS Football anymore, it was a front runner over Madden in it's pime. First to do career mode, the gameplay, first to break the spirit tackle barrier, gameplannig & play creation were far superior than Madden. It deserves it's place just like HC. Just askin!

I guess it can have a spot also, it just hasn't had a post since like 2014. I'd just like to have a NFL Head Coach forum so our community won't need to search through the topics on "Other Football Games".

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:30 am

TheRareButter wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:Why? Why replace it, when HC already has it's place? Even thought I don't play FPS Football anymore, it was a front runner over Madden in it's pime. First to do career mode, the gameplay, first to break the spirit tackle barrier, gameplannig & play creation were far superior than Madden. It deserves it's place just like HC. Just askin!

I guess it can have a spot also, it just hasn't had a post since like 2014. I'd just like to have a NFL Head Coach forum so our community won't need to search through the topics on "Other Football Games".

HC is fine right where it is. It isn't Madden so it's under "Other Football Games" sub. And in the defense of FPS FBPro 92-98. It was the best football sim pc had going. Madden Football & Madden Football II were horrible on PC and had no depth. It wasn't even a competition! When it under Dynamix, Football Pro was the top game! Sierra screwed it up and the last version in 99 was recalled after a month or so! I had Madden 90-96 on Sega Genesis, but we liked FBPro on PC since we could use the Gravis Gamepads to play. If someone did an updated roster for FPS FBP, that would be awesome!

TheRareButter
MVP

Postby TheRareButter » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:52 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
TheRareButter wrote:

HC is fine right where it is. It isn't Madden so it's under "Other Football Games" sub. And in the defense of FPS FBPro 92-98. It was the best football sim pc had going. Madden Football & Madden Football II were horrible on PC and had no depth. It wasn't even a competition! When it under Dynamix, Football Pro was the top game! Sierra screwed it up and the last version in 99 was recalled after a month or so! I had Madden 90-96 on Sega Genesis, but we liked FBPro on PC since we could use the Gravis Gamepads to play. If someone did an updated roster for FPS FBP, that would be awesome!

Well I disagree, due to NFL Head Coach being a game from a AAA developer it's miles ahead of any old school PC game in terms exposure. It's a popular enough title to have warranted its own section on Football-Freaks and Operation Sports Forums. I talk to people almost everyday who are trying to find a copy of the PC version or an emulated version of 09.

Keep FPS I guess, no issue with that. Just feel like it's taking up space that should be dedicated toward a major sports title that has much more demand when it would be more suitable under the "Other Football Games" forum.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:14 pm

TheRareButter wrote:
Well I disagree, due to NFL Head Coach being a game from a AAA developer it's miles ahead of any old school PC game in terms exposure. It's a popular enough title to have warranted its own section on Football-Freaks and Operation Sports Forums. I talk to people almost everyday who are trying to find a copy of the PC version or an emulated version of 09.

Keep FPS I guess, no issue with that. Just feel like it's taking up space that should be dedicated toward a major sports title that has much more demand when it would be more suitable under the "Other Football Games" forum.

Exposure? FPS Football was named Sports Game of The Year in 1992. In 1996, Computer Gaming World magazine named it the 11th best computer game of all-time. Feel how you like, the game was superior to Madden in that era! As far as getting a legit copy of HC, the best bet is GameStop trade-ins. They have tons of older console games for $1-$2, buy 2 get 1 free.

Return to “Site discussion”