madden 08 create a superstar

AncientMexican98
Rookie

Postby AncientMexican98 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:28 pm

So when i try to create a superstar...and i try to use a current player.theres only 07 players and not all players are there. I already installed what i need the ff/fi and updated my game.everything is fine..i have yet to install a roster..but the game is updated to the 2019 season..and i can see the updated players in rosters..but not in create a superstar

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: madden 08 create a superstar

Postby RevanFan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:44 pm

AncientMexican98 wrote:So when i try to create a superstar...and i try to use a current player.theres only 07 players and not all players are there. I already installed what i need the ff/fi and updated my game.everything is fine..i have yet to install a roster..but the game is updated to the 2019 season..and i can see the updated players in rosters..but not in create a superstar

Did you load the [Default Roster], to be sure you have the 2019 roster? If you did, you should either be given the option to create your own superstar or use a 2019 rookie (though it might say 2007, due to a data file we forgot to edit over the years.)
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

AncientMexican98
Rookie

Postby AncientMexican98 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:18 pm

i did make sure...i already checked some players...but when i go to create superstar and for example look a the patriots rosters theres only like 5 players..i already tried putting all positions, but nothing works...why is that? do i have to load default rosters everytime i run the game?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:29 pm

AncientMexican98 wrote:i did make sure...i already checked some players...but when i go to create superstar and for example look a the patriots rosters theres only like 5 players..i already tried putting all positions, but nothing works...why is that? do i have to load default rosters everytime i run the game?

No, you shouldn't have to.

What do you mean "there's only like 5 players"? Do you mean only 5 selectable rookies from the team? That's probably because there were only 5 rookies on the active roster in the mod. If that isn't correct though, let me know and I'll look into it before I release the next mod update. I'm going to have to redo the superstar rookie list anyway for 2020 once Roger finishes his roster for this season.
My Cowboys Journal

AncientMexican98
Rookie

Postby AncientMexican98 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:26 pm

Correct, there's only 5 rookies to choose from..i checked other teams,and some have like ten players .but the rosters for the teams don't seem to show all of them..but i think i understand what your'e saying.you can only choose rookies in the sense of young players.which im guessing i cant pick a player like tom brady since hes already old i'm i right? And should i wait until you update the game, or should i install the roger mod first? i'm new to football i'm sure that's apparent.just trying to learn the sport

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:17 pm

AncientMexican98 wrote:Correct, there's only 5 rookies to choose from..i checked other teams,and some have like ten players .but the rosters for the teams don't seem to show all of them..but i think i understand what your'e saying.you can only choose rookies in the sense of young players.which im guessing i cant pick a player like tom brady since hes already old i'm i right? And should i wait until you update the game, or should i install the roger mod first? i'm new to football i'm sure that's apparent.just trying to learn the sport

I'd say for now just run with the FF/FI Mod and its default roster. Roger is going to release a 2020 roster soon, and you can switch to that when it's ready. Right now it's in beta.

Yeah, the only real-life players you can select are rookies, the players who are in their first season. That will be the same when I release the 2020 mod update as well, but the player list will be different because it will be this year's first-year players.

New to the sport and trying to learn it? Good luck. American football is stupidly complicated at times. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask.
My Cowboys Journal

AncientMexican98
Rookie

Postby AncientMexican98 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:28 pm

i see..one last thing.does it matter whether i install the roger mod first or yours? is there an order.?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:51 pm

AncientMexican98 wrote:i see..one last thing.does it matter whether i install the roger mod first or yours? is there an order.?

Technically, they can be installed in either order. Main thing is that you have to have both for the roster to work.

I'd suggest following the Starting Guide for New Players, found below.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18494
My Cowboys Journal

AncientMexican98
Rookie

Postby AncientMexican98 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:29 pm

i see..ill get back to you if i have any other questions..just gonna try and learn the game in the meantime

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:22 pm

AncientMexican98 wrote:i see..ill get back to you if i have any other questions..just gonna try and learn the game in the meantime

Yeah, the best way is just by messing around and experimenting. See how things work by using them.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Site discussion”