The future of FootballIdiot

JusBlaze412
Rookie

Postby JusBlaze412 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:17 pm

So I have been a lurker here for a very very long time and have come here over the years prior to Madden returning to PC to get mods.

I noticed the forums have no style to them and are using a basic PhpBB theme. I also currently have a really good PhpBB theme with some crazy add-ons to bring this place back. I am not using it and it's going to waste. I have no interest in starting my own forum and would love to bring my Graphic/Web design skills here to call this home.

If any of the admins here want to discuss this I'd like to know what we can do to regenerate this place. With the Madden 21 backlash due to no new Franchise mode features, I think this place could be the hub for Madden 08, 19, 20, and 21 modding/discussions.

I'd also love to do the branding. Why? Because I love PC football.
Creative Director

Sponsor

Sponsor

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Re: The future of FootballIdiot

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:09 pm

JusBlaze412 wrote:So I have been a lurker here for a very very long time and have come here over the years prior to Madden returning to PC to get mods.

I noticed the forums have no style to them and are using a basic PhpBB theme. I also currently have a really good PhpBB theme with some crazy add-ons to bring this place back. I am not using it and it's going to waste. I have no interest in starting my own forum and would love to bring my Graphic/Web design skills here to call this home.

If any of the admins here want to discuss this I'd like to know what we can do to regenerate this place. With the Madden 21 backlash due to no new Franchise mode features, I think this place could be the hub for Madden 08, 19, 20, and 21 modding/discussions.

I'd also love to do the branding. Why? Because I love PC football.

I'd like to see what you've got in mind. I'm pretty content with the site right now but it could definitely use a visual update to attract more people.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:00 am

Yeah that sounds great. Do you have any screenshots on a new look for the site would look like?

JusBlaze412
Rookie

Postby JusBlaze412 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:54 am

elguapo wrote:Yeah that sounds great. Do you have any screenshots on a new look for the site would look like?

I can create a mock-up today to give you an idea. I will check-in later with some design work. Let's get this place going again!!!
Creative Director

JusBlaze412
Rookie

Postby JusBlaze412 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:26 am

Created this quick for you to get an idea of what I am willing to bring here. I also own the plugins that go with this theme, see below. This will require an upgrade to phpBB 3.3.

Features:

- Awards
- Mentions
- SEO x (Social Cards)
- IMGUR support for uploads
- Smart Replies
- Twitter, Youtube, ect embed ( just paste link)
- Google 2-Step authentication
- Admin backend CMS
- Profile Walls for members
- Avatar size cropper (IMGUR support)
- PM notifications
- AJAX Forum Notifications
- SSL support
- Plus more

Would take us 2-3 days to get all this setup max.
Creative Director

JusBlaze412
Rookie

Postby JusBlaze412 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:37 am

Here is a sample of the branding I made.

Creative Director

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:55 pm

That looks impressive. If I had any say in the site I would at least consider a trial period. This site is based on updating a game maybe we should also update this site.

Just don't turn it into the backup site. It turned into something different that I don't even visit it anymore.

Will the upgrade allow user customization of colors or theme?

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:07 pm

Given that the current logo is pretty bad... I'd have to agree with some sorta update... Where's RevanFan (dave also probably) to get this up on the site?
Ouch. It's really bad, and we are literally a site that does graphics for an old game..
So the Giants traded Beckham....

JusBlaze412
Rookie

Postby JusBlaze412 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:09 pm

elguapo wrote:That looks impressive. If I had any say in the site I would at least consider a trial period. This site is based on updating a game maybe we should also update this site.

Just don't turn it into the backup site. It turned into something different that I don't even visit it anymore.

Will the upgrade allow user customization of colors or theme?

I don't see why not, we could make different versions with different looks. Hopefully, I can speak with an admin.
Creative Director

JusBlaze412
Rookie

Postby JusBlaze412 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:28 pm

Here is another change.

Creative Director

Return to “Site discussion”