Site migration

torontogrudlies
MVP

Site migration

Postby torontogrudlies » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:33 pm

I'm going to migrate the site to another host... various annoying issues keep coming up so we'll try something else. Looks like the migration should take place within 3-5 business days. There may be brief downtime.

Site migration

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Site migration

Postby RevanFan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:09 pm

torontogrudlies wrote:I'm going to migrate the site to another host... various annoying issues keep coming up so we'll try something else. Looks like the migration should take place within 3-5 business days. There may be brief downtime.

I'm making this a global topic so everyone can see it. We can return it to normal or even delete it when the migration is finished.

Will attached files be lost in the migration or will everything come over fine?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:42 am

If you're seeing this, you're on the new host.

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:22 am

Everything should be working, although posts that were made very recently but after the migration might still be on the old server. If there was anything critical we can go and find it... and if we uncover any problems, the old server still exists so I can go get the info.

The "chat" app will probably have to be redone in time for the draft. I might try going back to the "flashchat" that we had a long time ago... for some reason on the old server, it would inexplicably stop working from time to time and would need to be reinstalled. Possibly the new server will handle it better.

There were also occasional reports that the host would reject certain forum posts based upon key words and phrases, possibly because they triggered false positives. Hopefully this will be a thing of the past.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:24 am

So far it looks good.

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:34 am

torontogrudlies wrote:Everything should be working, although posts that were made very recently but after the migration might still be on the old server. If there was anything critical we can go and find it... and if we uncover any problems, the old server still exists so I can go get the info.

The "chat" app will probably have to be redone in time for the draft. I might try going back to the "flashchat" that we had a long time ago... for some reason on the old server, it would inexplicably stop working from time to time and would need to be reinstalled. Possibly the new server will handle it better.

There were also occasional reports that the host would reject certain forum posts based upon key words and phrases, possibly because they triggered false positives. Hopefully this will be a thing of the past.

It would be great if you could find my last journal post. It was up and now looks to be missing. Thank you.

Return to “Site discussion”