Site outage

torontogrudlies
MVP

Site outage

Postby torontogrudlies » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:25 pm

Site outage seemed to be due to issue at the hosting company... although I haven't gotten a response to my support ticket, I sent an angry tweet and it's back up now. Domain and hosting are all in good standing.

I still can't get into my cpanel which gives me hosting administration tools including backups, but I have let them know.

Site outage

Sponsor

Sponsor

torontogrudlies
MVP

Re: Site outage

Postby torontogrudlies » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:13 pm

Looks like things are still being worked on, but they are "back-end." All seems to be working site-wise.

I'll probably give more consideration into migrating to a different server in the near future... quirks do seem to come up from time to time. A few months ago, I had something where they were flagging some "unauthorized link"... it turned out to be a Youtube clip in a discussion about Chip Kelly from 2012.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:48 pm

torontogrudlies wrote:Looks like things are still being worked on, but they are "back-end." All seems to be working site-wise.

I'll probably give more consideration into migrating to a different server in the near future... quirks do seem to come up from time to time. A few months ago, I had something where they were flagging some "unauthorized link"... it turned out to be a Youtube clip in a discussion about Chip Kelly from 2012.

Yeah, we should definitely move to a different server. But more importantly, we need to start backing up everything so that way we don't lose it when the "inevitable" happens.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:02 pm

Maybe the Russians know what happened.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:28 pm

My sugestion

Contabo.com

Cheap, good support

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:45 am

Austinmario13 wrote:
torontogrudlies wrote:Looks like things are still being worked on, but they are "back-end." All seems to be working site-wise.

Yeah, we should definitely move to a different server. But more importantly, we need to start backing up everything so that way we don't lose it when the "inevitable" happens.

Fresh backup was done as of today... I was advised that the site was down late last night but this could have just been server maintenance. Keeping a close eye on it and will consider other options...

torontogrudlies
MVP

Postby torontogrudlies » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:46 am

achernar wrote:My sugestion

Contabo.com

Cheap, good support

Do they do backups? Or do they have to be done manually?

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:24 pm

torontogrudlies wrote:Fresh backup was done as of today... I was advised that the site was down late last night but this could have just been server maintenance. Keeping a close eye on it and will consider other options...

The site was down for a couple of hours.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:43 am

torontogrudlies wrote:
achernar wrote:My sugestion

Contabo.com

Cheap, good support

Do they do backups? Or do they have to be done manually?

They have WHM... you could setup auto-bkp... and export directly to your GDrive...
they also have a snapshot feature that a love it...

you snapshot all your server in seconds... make some test... if didn't like
rollback...

Return to “Site discussion”