That "other" phpBB Madden forum...

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:08 am

In my humble opinion, I think it is time for one of our moderators to remove all links to that other "123" forum. It is infested with spam and links to spyware and P.U.P. potentially unwanted programs/trojans/etc. Tons of posts aren't even in English/French/Spanish...

It's gone unmoderated for months and any/all hyperlink ties to it should be removed from our community.

Nothing against any users who created it/moderated it/posted on it, it is just in a state of being dangerous to any potential visitors. Something we shouldn't be linked with in any way.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Re: That "other" phpBB Madden forum...

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:43 pm

trey31 wrote:In my humble opinion, I think it is time for one of our moderators to remove all links to that other "123" forum. It is infested with spam and links to spyware and P.U.P. potentially unwanted programs/trojans/etc. Tons of posts aren't even in English/French/Spanish...

It's gone unmoderated for months and any/all hyperlink ties to it should be removed from our community.

Nothing against any users who created it/moderated it/posted on it, it is just in a state of being dangerous to any potential visitors. Something we shouldn't be linked with in any way.

Yeah, I checked it again a few weeks ago and it was overrun by bots posting NSFW links.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:50 pm

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:
trey31 wrote:In my humble opinion, I think it is time for one of our moderators to remove all links to that other "123" forum. It is infested with spam and links to spyware and P.U.P. potentially unwanted programs/trojans/etc. Tons of posts aren't even in English/French/Spanish...

Yeah, I checked it again a few weeks ago and it was overrun by bots posting NSFW links.

Adware, Spyware, and potentially worse threats are all over the site. It's a mess.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:10 pm

I recently visited the site and noticed he hasn't been moderating it for quite some time.
Removed links to his website through his profile on here for now, if the site gets cleaned up in the future, we can restore links to it.
I would advise caution if anyone visits the site as it has been overtaken with spam posts and may contain malicious links.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:27 am

:lol:

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:05 am

It's a bit of a surprise to hear that it's still up. Why would someone keep paying the bill if all that is going on?
Maybe it's a free to host...does such a thing exist?

LT #78
Pro Bowl

Postby LT #78 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:58 am

1312qohelet wrote:Maybe it's a free to host...does such a thing exist?

It is, and it does, at least according to the front page for the forum's host.

It's probably true. I used to run some message boards on a free host, so those definitely existed at one time.

Return to “Site discussion”