Current Moderators and the Future

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:44 pm

I just asked myself, "What's going to happen to FootballIdiot in the future?"

At first, I was excited upon thinking about this because maybe someone will figure out how to edit files that are completely difficult to edit. Maybe even expanding Madden 08 and figuring out how to use Superstar Mode with something like Heisman 14, a college football mod. :)

Crazy, right? ;)

But then I realized that over time, people/moderators will get older and move on with this site because they have their life and their problems and then FootballIdiot. I tried to stay away from reflecting on this, but I could not. It's going to be depressing when the site and the people that use it become completely inactive and won't have any free time to go back here. It will even hurt more when the site just shuts down or gets compromised because no one is looking after it. :cry:

One of my favorite things is to talk about football (more than any other sport than basketball) with people, but seriously, I don't have a lot of people to talk to about football. Some of my friends either don't care about football, or either do care about it a lot, but I can't talk to them often. My best friend who lives in Maryland loves football and we both like to talk about something general in football. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a phone like myself and we can't chat a lot. Yes, he does have a home phone, but 95% of the time, he's busy and can't pick up the phone.

What I'm trying to say is that I love FootballIdiot because I get to express my feelings about football and even get to share my creativity with everyone. I hope I did not scare anyone or anything.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Current Moderators and the Future

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I'm not leaving any time soon. I joined Football-Freaks in 2008, and have gone on that site and this site every day since. There's a reason for that.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

donwash
All-Pro

Postby donwash » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:04 pm

I enjoy the game so much that my wife and I have been season ticket holders for 9 years so far. I was going to retire my Madden 08 game last year until I discovered this site in a review done on the amazon version. My life hasn't been the same, much better, and I visit daily. Hopefully when I leave this dimension the site will still be active and providing entertainment for current and future freaks.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:10 pm

As far as talking about football the sport, I'd recommend looking into message boards specifically for it, such as a Patriots football forum since you're a Patriots fan. I've been hanging out at Redskins fan forums for a few years now, and it's been a lot more active and engaging since we're all following the same team.

For moderators, new ones will step up where old ones step down. Once upon a time, when we were on Football-Freaks before that site went down, it was an entirely different moderator and admin crew there. The only person to make the jump to FI was dawg317, and he left after a year or two. All things considered, I'd say we've managed as well as can be expected after losing the entirety of Football-Freaks and much of its treasure trove of files and instructions.

There were a lot of breakthroughs in Football-Freaks' history, such as NZA's editor and so many of the dat and db editors we use as basic tools now. But I'd say that quite a few breakthroughs have been made here as well, what with all the new fancy uniforms and gear, stadiums, and the awesome scripts that calhoupe makes that change the game in ways we could only dream of. I won't say the future is shining bright and we'll all go on for years (I'd hope a new game comes out by then lol), but there's life in the game and community yet.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:57 pm

I joined in Footballidiot December of 2015.
I remember viewing the site statistics down at the bottom of the Index Page....total posts, total topics, and total number of members.
Anyway, at the time I joined, I distinctly remember there being more total topics, than active members. The margin was close, but more topics.
If you look now, 21 months later, both have increased greatly. But, there are now over 5,000 more active members than topics, with new members joining daily.

I think that's pretty cool.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:16 pm

1312qohelet wrote:I joined in Footballidiot December of 2015.
I remember viewing the site statistics down at the bottom of the Index Page....total posts, total topics, and total number of members.
Anyway, at the time I joined, I distinctly remember there being more total topics, than active members. The margin was close, but more topics.
If you look now, 21 months later, both have increased greatly. But, there are now over 5,000 more active members than topics, with new members joining daily.

And only half of those new members are spam bots!
My Cowboys Journal

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:31 pm

You know... I've always thought I would be a good moderator... been here for 6 years....

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:36 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:You know... I've always thought I would be a good moderator... been here for 6 years....

When you first were on the site, you wouldn't have, if I'm being totally honest. You used to post constantly without reason. You don't do that anymore. And you've never broken any site rules (at least not that I remember.) If you have, please let me know, haha.
My Cowboys Journal

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:07 am

RevanFan wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:You know... I've always thought I would be a good moderator... been here for 6 years....

When you first were on the site, you wouldn't have, if I'm being totally honest. You used to post constantly without reason. You don't do that anymore. And you've never broken any site rules (at least not that I remember.) If you have, please let me know, haha.

Well, what about today? Would I qualify?

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:47 am

RevanFan wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:I joined in Footballidiot December of 2015.

And only half of those new members are spam bots!

Hahah....that's a laugh that I really needed.
I know there's some truth to it. Still, a good laugh.

Return to “Site discussion”