IMPT ABOUT GOOGLE DRIVE IF you are a modder/store files on GOOGLE DRIVE

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:08 pm

Hello fellow FI members.....

If you are a modder and use/store files on google drive please be aware that they are doing away with the service in a couple months and your files may be erased.....please backup to another file sharing/cloud based storage.....

For those who want to read about it here is a link from CNET....

https://www.cnet.com/g00/news/update-no ... .referrer=

Once again GOOGLE DRIVE IS BEING DISCONTINUED PLEASE BACKUP FOR the sake of your files and for the great work this community has done for M08.....thanks - U77
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Re: IMPT ABOUT GOOGLE DRIVE IF you are a modder/store files on GOOGLE DRIVE

Postby NickyJ » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:20 pm

Google Drive's file storage is not being shut down. The only change being made is to Google Drive's app, which is used for uploading and synchronizing files. Backup and Sync, the new replacement app, replaces Drive's app. Files that you've uploaded to Google Drive's file storage are still going to be available and will not be replaced.

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:13 pm

Google probably should have notified me of this, being a Google Fiber subscriber and all.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:35 pm

NickyJ wrote:Google Drive's file storage is not being shut down. The only change being made is to Google Drive's app, which is used for uploading and synchronizing files. Backup and Sync, the new replacement app, replaces Drive's app. Files that you've uploaded to Google Drive's file storage are still going to be available and will not be replaced.

I would still backup to another cloud/storage just to be safe....google sometimes has a mind of its own lol when making decisions like to combine google voice and hangout into google duo then splitting it again....their decision making is very fickle at best.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Return to “Site discussion”