How does one become a mod?

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Re: How does one become a mod?

Postby JSamuel » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:05 pm

DarKommi wrote:
JSamuel wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:I totally should be a mod. I've been here for 5 years.

I seriously agree with you. I've actually wondered in the past why you haven't been made a moderator already.

That's because you only look at the number of posts and nothing else. Doesn't mean to offend anybody, just saying.. Few posts above Dancat explained very clearly everything.

Hey, I know post count isn't everything. But AustinMario13 has been here for 5 years, he's been active the entire time, and he has the second highest post count of any other member. And even though he's made some irrelevant posts, overall I'd say he's been a relatively productive member.

If that's not the requirements of a moderator, then what are the requirements?

I'm not trying to push anything, because I know there is no need for a moderator at this time. I'm just saying, making AustinMario13 a moderator isn't a bad idea, if the need arises.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:40 pm

JSamuel wrote:
DarKommi wrote:
JSamuel wrote:I seriously agree with you. I've actually wondered in the past why you haven't been made a moderator already.

That's because you only look at the number of posts and nothing else. Doesn't mean to offend anybody, just saying.. Few posts above Dancat explained very clearly everything.

Hey, I know post count isn't everything. But AustinMario13 has been here for 5 years, he's been active the entire time, and he has the second highest post count of any other member. And even though he's made some irrelevant posts, overall I'd say he's been a relatively productive member.

I'm not trying to push anything, because I know there is no need for a moderator at this time. I'm just saying, making AustinMario13 a moderator isn't a bad idea, if the need arises.

It's already been said what are the requirements. Multiple times.

1. Longstanding member of the community.
2. No warnings, or at least no severe ones.
3. Outstanding contributions to the community or outstanding knowledge of Madden.
4. Nomination, vetting, and unanimous approval by current moderators.
5. There must be a decidedly strong need for a new moderator, that is agreed upon by all moderators.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

DarKommi
All-Pro

Postby DarKommi » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:02 pm

JSamuel wrote:Hey, I know post count isn't everything. But AustinMario13 has been here for 5 years, he's been active the entire time, and he has the second highest post count of any other member. And even though he's made some irrelevant posts, overall I'd say he's been a relatively productive member.

I didn't mean or say anything about AustinMario13. If this community gonna need another moderator, Austin should be one of the top in the list. That's it.

Posting in every single topic something like thanks, that's what i was waiting for etc.. When you see someone with 2000+ comments and 80% of his/her posts was as I just said above.. Now tell me, would you like that that person be a mod?

Instead, this community should think about to add "like or thank you" option. This way posts like "thanks" will be lowered.

That's it. All the best.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:47 pm

DarKommi wrote:
JSamuel wrote:Hey, I know post count isn't everything. But AustinMario13 has been here for 5 years, he's been active the entire time, and he has the second highest post count of any other member. And even though he's made some irrelevant posts, overall I'd say he's been a relatively productive member.

I didn't mean or say anything about AustinMario13. If this community gonna need another moderator, Austin should be one of the top in the list. That's it.

Posting in every single topic something like thanks, that's what i was waiting for etc.. When you see someone with 2000+ comments and 80% of his/her posts was as I just said above.. Now tell me, would you like that that person be a mod?

Instead, this community should think about to add "like or thank you" option. This way posts like "thanks" will be lowered.

That's it. All the best.

I think it's fine to post "Thanks." People should be able to post whatever they want. If there's a problem with a post, then it should be a moderators job to address it.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:51 pm

Instead of posting "Thanks" or "Thanks for the download" or "Thanks I will try it" why not actally downloading the file, try out the download then post "Thanks for the download. [insert a review]"

DarKommi
All-Pro

Postby DarKommi » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:36 pm

JSamuel wrote:I think it's fine to post "Thanks." People should be able to post whatever they want. If there's a problem with a post, then it should be a moderators job to address it.

People shouldn't post whatever they want, there are the rules. If we follow that rules and respect them, then moderators should not be in the position to remind us on that.

About "thanks", I just said above, little "thanks" button could be great. People would feel the same, perhaps fell better, if they can see in the first post likes they received. And they will continue to work even harder, that's for sure.

We're going a little bit off topic. This topic is about "how does one become a mod?" So, main people told rules and explained everything very clearly, I agree with that and I don't have anything else to add.

All the best.

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:54 pm

DarKommi wrote:
JSamuel wrote:I think it's fine to post "Thanks." People should be able to post whatever they want. If there's a problem with a post, then it should be a moderators job to address it.

People shouldn't post whatever they want, there are the rules. If we follow that rules and respect them, then moderators should not be in the position to remind us on that.

About "thanks", I just said above, little "thanks" button could be great. People would feel the same, perhaps fell better, if they can see in the first post likes they received. And they will continue to work even harder, that's for sure.

We're going a little bit off topic. This topic is about "how does one become a mod?" So, main people told rules and explained everything very clearly, I agree with that and I don't have anything else to add.

All the best.

I've wanted a like button here for a long time; unfortunately, I think the reason one was never established was because the forum software doesn't support it. I could be wrong, however.
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:57 pm

If you guys all want, I could email Dave asking him if he could incorporate it or not?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:42 pm

ycleped wrote:
DarKommi wrote:

All the best.

I've wanted a like button here for a long time; unfortunately, I think the reason one was never established was because the forum software doesn't support it. I could be wrong, however.

Wow. :| Well, that's that...

I never assumed we were limited by the forum software. But ya git wat ya git, and ya don thro a fit.

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:46 pm

RevanFan wrote:If you guys all want, I could email Dave asking him if he could incorporate it or not?

That would be nice, yeah. But I'm honestly not sure if it's possible with this software.
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Site discussion”