FI's Wikia is currently down

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Re: FI's Wikia is currently down

Postby BelieverInTeal » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:08 pm

RevanFan wrote:I had a thought. We should recreate the overall file list, as well as some of the pages on editing, on this forum if at all possible. Then from there, try to get the Wiki back. BIT, you said the info appears to be in HTML format. Do you think you could convert the info so it can be added as a series of posts to the correct forums on this site?

Direct html would require some kind of special mod. The people at phpbb's support site recommend against that due to security risks (read more here).

As far as converting it to plain text is concerned, it will be time consuming but yes it can be done. I think anyone can contribute. You just have to copy and paste what you're looking for into the reply box and then format it so it's easy to read.

For anyone interested, the data can be downloaded here. Make sure you have a program installed that can open .7zip files.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:52 pm

BelieverInTeal wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I had a thought. We should recreate the overall file list, as well as some of the pages on editing, on this forum if at all possible. Then from there, try to get the Wiki back. BIT, you said the info appears to be in HTML format. Do you think you could convert the info so it can be added as a series of posts to the correct forums on this site?

Direct html would require some kind of special mod. The people at phpbb's support site recommend against that due to security risks (read more here).

As far as converting it to plain text is concerned, it will be time consuming but yes it can be done. I think anyone can contribute. You just have to copy and paste what you're looking for into the reply box and then format it so it's easy to read.

For anyone interested, the data can be downloaded here. Make sure you have a program installed that can open .7zip files.

I think we should only, at first, concern ourselves with a few pages. The Files page, and any pages containing information on data editing.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:34 pm

Have you heard back from them?

I have the files list up over here. Wikia won't allow anyone to reuse "FFmadden.wikia" so we'll have to start a new one with a different name.

snakerule2002
All-Pro

Postby snakerule2002 » Sun May 01, 2016 8:28 am

I just want access to information and files either way works.
http://s1.zetaboards.com/GESL/index/ GESL madden 2008 league I run and always can use new members

GunstarN1ckel
Veteran

Postby GunstarN1ckel » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:54 pm

For what it's worth (on a 5 year old post), the wikia is currently up but all the links are terrible.

I have tried several times to get files from "UploadingIt(dotcom)" and it forwards me to some speedtest app page, even with the ".zip" in the URL.

Maybe we can get a review of it?
Something Something Sandstorm.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:41 pm

GunstarN1ckel wrote:For what it's worth (on a 5 year old post), the wikia is currently up but all the links are terrible.

I have tried several times to get files from "UploadingIt(dotcom)" and it forwards me to some speedtest app page, even with the ".zip" in the URL.

Maybe we can get a review of it?

No, the Wikia is not up, ffmadden.wikia.com takes you to "Not a Valid Wiki" page. And UploadingIt was bought out by a crap site. We'd have to remove or replace all those links.
My Cowboys Journal

GunstarN1ckel
Veteran

Postby GunstarN1ckel » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:45 pm

RevanFan wrote: No, the Wikia is not up, ffmadden.wikia.com takes you to "Not a Valid Wiki" page. And UploadingIt was bought out by a crap site. We'd have to remove or replace all those links.

Sorry, the one I was referencing was Removed. Is this not official?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:26 pm

GunstarN1ckel wrote:
RevanFan wrote: No, the Wikia is not up, ffmadden.wikia.com takes you to "Not a Valid Wiki" page. And UploadingIt was bought out by a crap site. We'd have to remove or replace all those links.

Sorry, the one I was referencing was Removed. Is this not official?

No. I was the creator of the Wiki. I didn't even know that Wiki exists. I'm removing the link, as I believe it was created by a banned member of our forum.
My Cowboys Journal

GunstarN1ckel
Veteran

Postby GunstarN1ckel » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:16 am

Is there a way we could get a similar list published on the main domain of footballidiot.com? I guess it doesn't make too much difference, but it's a lot more convenient to have all the links published in one location that a user can bookmark. I know that's one of the things I appreciated most in the Rosters' Forum; having a somewhat up-to-date list where I could compile the updates.

GunstarN1ckel
Veteran

Postby GunstarN1ckel » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:22 am

Nevermind, just realized you had already addressed this- although it seems like there wouldn't be an incredible difference between hosting a PAGE on the domain versus listing this in the actual forum itself (especially if you're operating a wordpress template). It wouldn't be bad SEO either if they were links to mediafire etc versus only rerouting to the forums.

Return to “Site discussion”