Forum Rules

RevanFan
Legend

Forum Rules

Postby RevanFan » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:11 am

Somehow, we've survived five years on this forum without having a rule page. However, I felt it would be in the best interest of the forum to post a page containing some rules we ask all members to follow.

1. Keep content PG-13. When it comes to swearing, we try to be an open forum, but we do have many young members, so don't say any words or phrases that would be heavily limited in a PG-13 movie. If you don't know exactly how to define that, ask a moderator.

2. Along with the above, don't post anything that is sexual or otherwise offensive. Be respectful of all people from all walks of life. Do not speak to people on this forum using aggressive or insulting terms or tone. Harassment will NOT be tolerated.

2a. Do not post politics or politically-related threads. Politics are, by nature, very personal topics and ideals that are bound to generate aggressive, personal responses.

2b. Do not make posts designed to be critical of religious beliefs. Members are not discouraged from being openly religious; they are discouraged from criticizing the religions, or lack thereof, of other members.
3. Do not release another user's content without permission, with or without modification. We've had situations on this forum in which work has been stolen, and we don't want that to ever happen again. Many users on this site are more than happy to share their work and let anyone modify it, but please ask before you release anything that wasn't originally yours.

4. Do not create multiple user accounts. If you are found to have more than one account for malicious reasons, you will be warned/banned, and your accounts will be terminated. If you are having trouble with the site, please contact a moderator for assistance. Do not immediately create another account.

5. If you register or post while using a VPN or proxy, your account will be subject to heavy scrutiny, as they can often be used for spam purposes or to evade bans. If you use a VPN, proxy, or similar technology to circumvent the rules of this website, you will be banned.

6. Do not spam on the forum, and try to keep posts on topic. Make sure you're posting in the correct forum, and if you are not certain, ask a moderator.

7. Try not to double-post. If you have content that can easily be added to a previous post, please edit that previous post. We won't punish double posting, but we'd like to not have to merge your posts for you.

8. Do not discuss pirated software on this site, or host no-CD patches on the website (Linking to file hosting websites that host no-CD patches is allowed). We know Madden 08 is an old game, but there are still ways to legally purchase it. Please do so.

9. Do no post in dead topics, or "bump" posts, without having valid reason.

10. Do not impersonate moderators or other members of staff.

If, for any reason, you need to contact a moderator, you can find us on the members page. Our user names will be in yellow-colored font.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Forum Rules

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Forum Rules

Postby Danchat » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:11 pm

I'm surprised we've made it so long without a list of rules.

Also, are you going to include the part about using a 3rd party site like imgur.com to upload pictues instead of using this site's bandwidth? You could un-sticky that one topic and just move that suggestion in as rule #8.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:25 pm

Danchat wrote:I'm surprised we've made it so long without a list of rules.

Also, are you going to include the part about using a 3rd party site like imgur.com to upload pictues instead of using this site's bandwidth? You could un-sticky that one topic and just move that suggestion in as rule #8.

That isn't a rule, though. We're not telling everyone they have to upload images to external sites. We're just suggesting it. I think that, for now, they should be separate.
My Cowboys Journal

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:49 am

Try not to quote the entirety of huge posts. Thanks.

It is funny that we haven't had a rule page, but I do applaud your effort in keeping this site "clean" I do sincerely appreciate it man! Keep up the good work!
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun May 15, 2016 10:39 pm

We need a new rule.

There has been a huge spike in users registering with proxy/ip hosting and/or cloud services. In order to prevents bots or clone accounts, these users should AUTOMATICALLY be banned.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon May 16, 2016 12:54 am

elguapo wrote:We need a new rule.

There has been a huge spike in users registering with proxy/ip hosting and/or cloud services. In order to prevents bots or clone accounts, these users should AUTOMATICALLY be banned.

Done.
My Cowboys Journal

GunstarN1ckel
Veteran

Postby GunstarN1ckel » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:56 pm

Keep in mind, although it would probably serve the greater good, this could bar most servicemembers or otherwise international travelers. Maybe there's a way to set it to for moderator confirmation (if the staff is there)? A lot of networks abroad run proxies or other anti-geoblocking modules on their networks, especially on FOBs.
Something Something Sandstorm.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:24 pm

GunstarN1ckel wrote:

Keep in mind, although it would probably serve the greater good, this could bar most servicemembers or otherwise international travelers. Maybe there's a way to set it to for moderator confirmation (if the staff is there)? A lot of networks abroad run proxies or other anti-geoblocking modules on their networks, especially on FOBs.

We're not doing an automatic ban of proxy users. However, it is still against the rules, so we'd expect proxy users to explain to a moderator the reason for their use of proxy. If they are military or international, and it is their only way to get on, an exception can obviously be made. Now here's hoping no one lies about that and uses it as an excuse.
My Cowboys Journal

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:35 pm

GunstarN1ckel wrote:

No. To protect this community from bots and clones it is best to restrict this forum from proxy servers. A particular user uses proxies to create multiple accounts to prop himself on this site. He deceives members on this site by tricking them that he is a new user and so our duty is to protect our members from such malicious acts.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:51 am

elguapo wrote:
GunstarN1ckel wrote:

No. To protect this community from bots and clones it is best to restrict this forum from proxy servers. A particular user uses proxies to create multiple accounts to prop himself on this site. He deceives members on this site by tricking them that he is a new user and so our duty is to protect our members from such malicious acts.

Fair enough, I suppose.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Site discussion”