DatEditorXtreme v1.5

elguapo
Hall of Fame

DatEditorXtreme v1.5

Postby elguapo » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:20 pm

A redesigned version of your favorite DDS editor. Shortcut keys to speed up your work, centered preview windows, export to DDS on any 8bit or less images, no need to exit the editor to edit another file.

I plan to work on creating a batch import to really speed up the process of importing images.

The editor still cannot handle 4bit images and the image sizes need to be the same lengths ( I believe ). Will try to come up with a solution to workaround that issue.

Many thanks to Stingray68 for letting me use his code as tutorial and training for C#.

DEX v1.5
Added support for uniform batch import. Do not edit uniforms inside the DAT uniform file, extract it first. You can import 8bit or 4bit files, do not mix graphic files. You can convert a 4bit graphic to 8bit by importing an 8bit graphic dds file. Once you import 4bit graphic files and you want to import 8bit graphics, save and close the editor and then reopen the editor and the file.

The editor will look for these files when importing DDS files if they exist:

Hip.dds
Thigh.dds
Torso.dds
Helmet.dds
Shoulder.dds
Facemask.dds
FMASKL.dds
Num0.dds
Num1.dds
Num2.dds
Num3.dds
Num4.dds
Num5.dds
Num6.dds
Num7.dds
Num8.dds
Num9.dds (this number set will be imported to the torso/shoulder/helmet)
PALETTE ( non functioning at the moment)
Decal0.dds
Decal1.dds
Decal2.dds
HelmTab.dds
Name.dds

To take control of the torso numbers only add a 0 to the end of the file name. Example:
Num00.dds
Num10.dds
Num20.dds... etc

To take control of the shoulder numbers only add a 1 to the end of the file name. Example:
Num01.dds
Num11.dds
Num21.dds...etc

To take control of the helmet numbers only add a 2 to the end of the file name. Example:
Num02.dds
Num12.dds
Num22.dds...etc

DEX v1.5

DDS Preview

Installing the DirectX SDK will add support to preview DDS files in windows explorer. This is optional.

Alternate DirectX SDK download. (MediaFire account)

DEX v1.4
Added Customart.dat and portraits batch import.

CustomArt: Load a customart.dat file. Must be all 8bit (256 color) and edited with DEX (will not load if edited with MUER) Goto tools > Import Customart and the editor will look for "endzone.dds", "helmet.dds", "mainlogo.dds", "midfield.dds" and "sliver.dds". It will then import all or partial files if they exist.

Portraits: Load a portraits dat file. Must be all 8bit (256 color) and edited with DEX (will not load if edited with MUER). Portrait dds files must start with a five digit import slot. For example "00002 Player Name.dds" would be imported in the third slot of the portrait dat file. Goto tools > Import Portraits, select portrait.dds files with import slot.

DEX v1.3
Added TMdl support for fieldart, stadata, stadiums and other TMdl with embedded MMAP files. Largest supporting file size is 2048x1024 for full fields. (bye bye hex editing). It cannot read TMDL files inside a DAT file. It also calculates the extra info at the end of stadium files. If editing stadium files replace images with same size images unless you are going to hex edit the file further.

Using DBR4 you can create an IMPORT script to quickly repackage the DAT file.
[Extract the DAT files, rename the extracted files to *.TMdl, create the IMPORT script and then edit away.]

Notes: As much as I like not closing the editor if you encounter too much trouble opening a file it is best to close the editor and running it again.

DEX v1.2
DatEditorExtreme v1.2

DatEditorXtreme v1.5

Sponsor

Sponsor

mike9472
MVP

Re: DatEditorExtreme v1.2

Postby mike9472 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:15 pm

Great job Elguapo, even works with Windows XP!

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:08 am

Thanks mate. Love your work.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:36 pm

mike9472 wrote:Great job Elguapo, even works with Windows XP!

rogerjinx wrote:Thanks mate. Love your work.

Thanks guys.

Added support for TMdl files on v1.3.

If editing stadium files replace images with same size images unless you are going to hex edit the file further.

Edit: uploaded the wrong file. Correct file is up as of 06/12/20 1840 mountain time.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: DatEditorExtreme v1.3

Postby elguapo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:28 pm

I think I got it figured out this time. Added TMdl support for fieldart, stadata, stadiums and other TMdl with embedded MMAP files. Largest supporting file size is 2048x1024 for full fields.

Download in the first post.

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:31 pm

elguapo wrote:I think I got it figured out this time.

Works great! Made some edits to Soldier Field, imported the stadium back into stadiums.dat and everything was in game. You just made editing graphics so much easier, thanks.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:58 am

mike9472 wrote:
elguapo wrote:I think I got it figured out this time.

Works great! Made some edits to Soldier Field, imported the stadium back into stadiums.dat and everything was in game. You just made editing graphics so much easier, thanks.

That sounds great.

Portrait guys will love the next update. Stay tuned.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: DatEditorExtreme v1.4

Postby elguapo » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:17 am

Added batch import process for the portrait dat file and for customart.dat files.

Final update will include a uniform import batch process.

Please backup your files.

UPDATE:
Found a bug in the batch import process and have tracked it down. Everything is working flawlessly under controlled tests. Look for the update in the uniform batch process.

UPDATE 2
I have the uniform batch import process working and I want to do a few more tests before uploading it.

You won't be able to mix 4bit and 8bit graphics but you will be able to batch import 8bit or 4bit graphics at a time. (4bit graphics exported from other uniforms only)
Converting 4bit to 8bit graphics will be automatic.

Currently I'm using the name of the uniform part to import the graphic but I'm debating whether to use a numbering system to import the graphic since stadium files are like uniforms and that will also speed up the import process for stadium files or the like.

The portrait import process can be used for SOLOPLAYERS, loading screens, background screens or similar type dat files.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: DatEditorExtreme v1.5

Postby elguapo » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:00 am

Added support for uniform batch import process. Download in the first post.

Once again I want to thank stingray68 for allowing me to use his source code. The source code had everything needed to do the batch import process so that made it a lot easier to copy and paste most of it.

Remember to backup your files.

RevanFan
Legend

Re: DatEditorExtreme v1.5

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:39 pm

Well this is awesome. Can't believe I hadn't seen this yet.

EDIT: Fantastic work. Glad you can finally close opened files haha. I hated having to open a new session to edit more than one uniform.

Also... might I ask if there's a tutorial anywhere to explain how to set up a batch import? I have, like, 90 Cowboys uniforms for my mod, and some of them need some minor tweaks to the helmets, but MANY of the uniforms use the same helmet and I want to give them all the new graphic at the same time rather than loading each uniform individually. Can I do that?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Utilities”