Madden Xtreme DB Editor

mike9472
MVP

Re: Madden NFL DB Editor 2019

Postby mike9472 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:11 pm

elguapo wrote:I may do both versions by request for members like Mike who are senior active members of the community.

Hey now, is that a dig at my age?! Lol Thank you very much, I really appreciate your hard work. The reason I still use XP is mainly because of NBA Live 07 and Frontman which is a Guitar Hero clone, neither work with Win 7 or 10. I tried installing Madden on Win 10, crashes when installing DirectX on the 64 bit version. It installed on the 32 bit version but when I played as my Bears, they were wearing default custom team uniforms (red, white & blue). I just found it less of a hassle to create a dual boot, I use win 10 for general computing and switch to XP when I want to play games. Thanks again.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:44 pm

mike9472 wrote:
elguapo wrote:I may do both versions by request for members like Mike who are senior active members of the community.

Hey now, is that a dig at my age?! Lol Thank you very much, I really appreciate your hard work. The reason I still use XP is mainly because of NBA Live 07 and Frontman which is a Guitar Hero clone, neither work with Win 7 or 10. I tried installing Madden on Win 10, crashes when installing DirectX on the 64 bit version. It installed on the 32 bit version but when I played as my Bears, they were wearing default custom team uniforms (red, white & blue). I just found it less of a hassle to create a dual boot, I use win 10 for general computing and switch to XP when I want to play games. Thanks again.

I would suggest having Madden on your Windows 10 partition. There are some drawbacks, like Calhoupe's scripts are required (but you should use them regardless), but mostly it's fine. I'd switch for a few reasons.

1. You can use the 64-bit utilities (and save elguapo some development work haha).
2. If you choose, you can modify the .exe file to make it large address aware, though that really isn't necessary for a good gameplay experience.
3. Windows 10 is, I find, much smoother to operate than XP. XP was amazing, but it just doesn't hold up that well on modern systems.

As for the other programs, have you tried skipping the DirectX install? Especially if you install Madden on your Windows 10 partition, I doubt you'd need to install DirectX. If it's 9.0c, Madden comes with that. And if they don't run without that step of the installation, you can always try to use a compatibility program like dgvoodoo2 to emulate certain types of DirectX. If both don't work, then yeah, you may need to keep that XP partition.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:33 pm

mike9472 wrote:

Haha, of course not Mike. I was referring to your longevity as a member of the Madden community, and thanks Mike.

TeeNice
All-Pro

Postby TeeNice » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:34 am

elguapo wrote:
mike9472 wrote:

Haha, of course not Mike. I was referring to your longevity as a member of the Madden community, and thanks Mike.

Mike9472 I really felt your pain reading the post. I found these steps about other older games and I finally got Madden 08 to work flawlessly on Windows 10 64 bit. Just a couple of pre-install options then off you go. Try these steps:

First thing, I know this works with the Madden 08 dvd version, not sure about the digital down load version. Ok simple step. Insert Madden 08 dvd into drive. Open drive right-click on 4 of the EXE files on the dvd and change their compatibility to Windows XP and check box to Run as Admin for all 3 files.

So 3 files on the dvd: AutoRun.exe, madden_inst.exe, madden08.exe, changed compatibility to Windows XP svc pk 3, run as admin. That's it. Eject disc, push drive back in. when atuo-run starts you should b able to complete the install. DirectX don't need to access web and completes also. I didnt have to change ompatibility for DX install. I have a minimal Dell Optiplex I5 4GB ram, Intel 630 HD Graphics. Nothing special but gets the job dun! I need to update graphics card to run my fav MotoGP18! Father's day gift to self!

Good Luck!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:02 am

TeeNice wrote:
elguapo wrote:
mike9472 wrote:

Mike9472 I really felt your pain reading the post. I found these steps about other older games and I finally got Madden 08 to work flawlessly on Windows 10 64 bit. Just a couple of pre-install options then off you go. Try these steps:

First thing, I know this works with the Madden 08 dvd version, not sure about the digital down load version. Ok simple step. Insert Madden 08 dvd into drive. Open drive right-click on 4 of the EXE files on the dvd and change their compatibility to Windows XP and check box to Run as Admin for all 3 files.

So 3 files on the dvd: AutoRun.exe, madden_inst.exe, madden08.exe, changed compatibility to Windows XP svc pk 3, run as admin. That's it. Eject disc, push drive back in. when atuo-run starts you should b able to complete the install. DirectX don't need to access web and completes also. I didnt have to change ompatibility for DX install. I have a minimal Dell Optiplex I5 4GB ram, Intel 630 HD Graphics. Nothing special but gets the job dun! I need to update graphics card to run my fav MotoGP18! Father's day gift to self!

Good Luck!

I didn't need to change compatibility to run the game on Windows 10. All I did was change calhoupe's scripts to run as admin.
My Cowboys Journal

TeeNice
All-Pro

Postby TeeNice » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:45 pm

That was for Mike9472 and others who have had trouble in the past getting the game to install on Win10 x64.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:06 pm

TeeNice wrote:That was for Mike9472 and others who have had trouble in the past getting the game to install on Win10 x64.

Fair enough. I guess sometimes you need a different set of steps.
My Cowboys Journal

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu May 02, 2019 12:43 am

Version 1.9 available on the first post.

With version 1.9
You can sort the TABLE names.
Added ability to copy records (rows).

There was a potential issue when editing, sorting, or adding/deleting records not saving correctly. That has been resolved, main reason for uploading the new version.

TeeNice
All-Pro

Postby TeeNice » Wed May 22, 2019 3:00 am

I haven't tried this one yet. I have a simple question. Can this tool be used to extract a individual player from one roster file play table and inject the player into a franchise files play table too be added to team? Reason is beginning of the season, there were guys who were on the jinx main roster file in reserve FA group and not the regular FA group. Starting the franchise eliminated the reserve FA pool. And I want to add the players to the correct team as the season progresses. Using NZA, I would assign them to a team, then in madden 08 I would modify their contract.\\

Hope is a big word!

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Wed May 22, 2019 10:53 am

Yes but you will have to do some stuff to make it work.......

Open the original roster in NZA editor and export to csv and make note of the team id that the players you want are on....

Open your franchise file in the db editor and export the play table to csv.......

Open db csv and scroll to the last column and delete the number that is all by itself......

Open the nza csv and locate and copy the players you want to add to the franchise....

Open db csv and sort the spreadsheet from smallest to largest under player id column then scroll to the last row and make note of the largest player id and poid id (these are by each other on both sides of the team id) then select the first box in the the first empty row and paste your copied players to the csv...... make sure everything is lined up if the players names are lined up you should be good..... then change player ids and poid ids to a sequence with the numbers you made note of earlier and change team id to 1009 to add them to free agents save and exit

Import csv back to db editor under the play table and save.... then open in the game and check to see if players are in free agent list

Return to “Utilities”