Madden NFL DB Editor 2019

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:21 pm

A new DB editor for 2019 brought to you by StingRay68 and yours truly, elguapo. The DB editor works just like previous editors. Suggestions, comments and bug reports are welcomed and any suggested features will be reviewed and added as time allows.

What's New
With version 1.9
You can sort the TABLE names.
Added ability to copy records (rows).

There was a potential issue when editing, sorting, or adding/deleting records not saving correctly. That has been resolved.

With version 1.8
Bug fixed with the Importing of TABLES.

You can now Add/Delete records by right clicking on the datagrid. Click on any cell to Add/Delete a record. To Add/Delete multiple records, select the number of records (rows), right click and select Add/Delete. To use the multi function records you must highlight the entire row and not just a single cell.

You can now Add/Import records to tables that had "UnSupported Field Types", the DB editor will just ignore those unsupported fields types.

New Features
1. You can now use the Datagrid to make changes to the tables.
2. Shortcut Keys added.

Please note that if you make changes to a table, even if you just sort it you will be prompted if you want to save the table (datagrid only). Also when you click on a cell click on the values to show the field properties of that field. When sorting also click on the field name.

Color coded.
Red - You have your typical TABLE and FIELD (columns) sections.
Blue - Information about a particular TABLE, FIELD and DB file.
Yellow - Edit section. Click on a FIELD row, click on a FIELD name, edit the entry and press the "Go" button to make the changes active. (All of the edits are not permanent until you save the file, even if you change tables.)

FEATURES

The main key feature is that edits are done in memory and to do not take affect until you save the file.

Manual editing of FIELDS.

CSV
Export Table - Export current table.
Import Table - Import to current table.

Export All Tables - Exports all the tables in the db file.
Export Fra2Ros Tables - Exports the tables for a ROS file.

Addendum - This is a very specific import option, please use caution. Let's assume you want to add the current win/los records only. You would load the TEAM table and if you have the main 32 teams, bears-vikings then the addendum csv file would have the field names for the win/loss and the win/loss for each team.

OPTIONS
TGID + 1 Once you export the Fra2Ros tables, open a ROS (roster) file, click on the TGID + 1, and import the franchise table into the roster table. Click the TGID + 1 everytime you import a table. The DB editor will recognize which fields to load and increase the TGID value by one.

Some FIELD Types cannot be edited and that is not a DB editor issue, it is how the TDBAccess.dll has it. Be aware of the FIELD size (Bits) as you will encounter an error if you go over its limit. (Unsupported FIELD Types are tdbBinary, tdbVarchar and tdbLongVarchar)

The DB editor can read the rosters, franchise and db files you are accustom too, plus some Madden 19 files like the roster. (Removing the FBChunks section is required before opening the roster in the DB editor.)

Use at your own risk, no "customer support", backup your files.

MDB19v1.9.7z

MDB19v1.9_XP.7z

Testing
Spoiler:
MDB19 v2.2b
https://www.mediafire.com/file/iyht7ec20vbxou6/MDB19v2.2b.7z/file

Bug Fix:
There was an issue when you edited a cell value and then tried sorting the column, the editor would crash.

MDB19 v2.1b
https://www.mediafire.com/file/9569tbqg9g5j3zk/MDB19v2.1b.7z/file

Two bug fixes:
There was an issue where if you extracted all the tables with a bigendian file it would not extract correctly.

There was an issue where if you imported a CSV using a bigendian file, columns with names or words would not get imported.

MDB19 now fully supports Madden 19, 20 rosters.

MDB19 v2.0 Beta
https://www.mediafire.com/file/v7g1ykmi9t4x1d3/MDB19_v2.0b.7z/file

Added Export/Import Record(s). It allows the ability to export/import [x] number of records to the current table. When importing records the following fields are imported with the next available spot.

CITY: CYID
STAD: SGID
PLAY: PGID
TEAM: TGID

It's beta so there is no error check if you go over the table count. I'm thinking of adding an option to "Auto-Count" the mention TABLE and fields just in case you want to import records "as is". Hopefully the db editor will import team.dbt files just as in Madden in a future release.

For example you want to add a stadium from one roster to another roster (STADIUMS.dat and UIS_LIB_STADIUMS.dat must have said stadium), just export the stadium record from the roster and import to the roster you want the stadium to be in.

Or move players between rosters...

Special Thanks,
To StingRay68 for his insights, direction and for most of the heavy lifting in this project.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Madden NFL DB Editor 2019

Postby RevanFan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:07 pm

Ooh. Gonna have to try this out soon. Hopefully it loads the PLAY table faster than the old DB Editor. Even with an overclocked 8700K, freaking table takes forever.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:11 pm

RevanFan wrote:Ooh. Gonna have to try this out soon. Hopefully it loads the PLAY table faster than the old DB Editor. Even with an overclocked 8700K, freaking table takes forever.

Let us know your findings.

Edit: If any issues please include the OS it is being run under. Thanks

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:39 am

elguapo wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Ooh. Gonna have to try this out soon. Hopefully it loads the PLAY table faster than the old DB Editor. Even with an overclocked 8700K, freaking table takes forever.

Let us know your findings.

Edit: If any issues please include the OS it is being run under. Thanks

Will do. Currently can't remember if I'm running 1803 or 1809 of Windows 10, haha. I'll look it up beforehand if I notice any issues. I think I'm on 1803. I have Windows 10 Education, so I'm allowed to defer feature updates for a full calendar year.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240

joegreenlight10
Rookie

Postby joegreenlight10 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:10 pm

Is this strictly for 2019 rosters? I see there's an 08 roster loaded in the screenshot, but anything 08 I try to load brings up the dreaded Unhandled Exception. Running Windows 10 Home, 1803. Original DB editor runs fine.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:30 am

joegreenlight10 wrote:Is this strictly for 2019 rosters? I see there's an 08 roster loaded in the screenshot, but anything 08 I try to load brings up the dreaded Unhandled Exception. Running Windows 10 Home, 1803. Original DB editor runs fine.

The DB editor works with all Madden 08 db files. It can also load some Madden 19 files like the roster (with the FBChunks stripped out adding the ROS extension. See image in first post).

Make sure the file you're trying to load is not corrupted.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:05 pm

So exporting tables with unsupported field types will print crazy characters which affects the spreadsheet so I made a change to print "usft" (unsupported field type) instead. You will still be able to preview what is on those unsupported field types on the screen.

Also working on a feature to make franchise to roster and an "Addendum" feature that will add partial fields to a table.

Will let you all know when it is ready.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:05 am

I can't seem to open any files from Madden 08. I tried opening my franchise and got this error.

error1.png

Then I tried a roster and got the same error. Tried both normal and as an administrator. Compatibility mode for Windows 7 also didn't help.

I'm on Windows 10 Education version 1803. The old DB Editor works fine and loads all my files.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:24 am

RevanFan wrote:I can't seem to open any files from Madden 08. I tried opening my franchise and got this error.

error1.png

Then I tried a roster and got the same error. Tried both normal and as an administrator. Compatibility mode for Windows 7 also didn't help.

I'm on Windows 10 Education version 1803. The old DB Editor works fine and loads all my files.

Let me look into it.

StingRay68
MVP

Postby StingRay68 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:42 pm

elguapo wrote:Let me look into it.

System.BadImageFormatException

Check your build properties and make sure you didn't select Platform Target - x64. You want 'Any CPU' and prefer 32bit, or just x86

Return to “Utilities”