Calhoupe's Madden Scripts - WAY too many muffed punts

FreetheFreeman
Rookie

Postby FreetheFreeman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:37 pm

Title. This is getting absolutely ridiculous - I'm doing a RB Superstar file, and it seems like every single game we will muff a punt and have it returned for a touchdown. Every single removed time. I know you could crank up Kicker Accuracy in sliders to fix the too many missed FGs issue, but I can't think of any for this one other than maybe WR Catching, which also influences a bunch of other stuff. Please advise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Calhoupe's Madden Scripts - WAY too many muffed punts

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:53 pm

FreetheFreeman wrote:Title. This is getting absolutely ridiculous - I'm doing a RB Superstar file, and it seems like every single game we will muff a punt and have it returned for a touchdown. Every single removed time. I know you could crank up Kicker Accuracy in sliders to fix the too many missed FGs issue, but I can't think of any for this one other than maybe WR Catching, which also influences a bunch of other stuff. Please advise.

Moved to the utilities forum.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:54 am

Title. This is getting absolutely ridiculous - I'm doing a RB Superstar file, and it seems like every single game we will muff a punt and have it returned for a touchdown. Every single removed time. I know you could crank up Kicker Accuracy in sliders to fix the too many missed FGs issue, but I can't think of any for this one other than maybe WR Catching, which also influences a bunch of other stuff. Please advise.

Ummm, I've never seen this nor has anybody complained about this. My scripts shouldn't affect kickoff and punt catching. Also, muffed punts can't be advanced by the kicking/punting team. Is your player fumbling or muffing? Regarding muffing, a player's chance to drop a punt is related to their kick return rating and maybe their catching rating. So I'm guessing your running back actually has a low kick return rating.

FreetheFreeman
Rookie

Postby FreetheFreeman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:27 pm

Alright, I'll shuffle around the returners and see if it makes any difference. Thanks for the advice.

Hamburglar
Rookie

Postby Hamburglar » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:29 pm

Are you manually moving your Kick Returner to catch the ball? Sometimes if you're slightly off, he'll muff it. I usually let them do the catching and takeover the return after that.

Also, while Calhoupe is here:
Have you heard of any problems with the new moves from your script:

Dpad + Right analog stick up = Hurdle
Dpad + Right analog stick left = Double Juke Left-right
Dpad + Right analog stick right = Double Juke Right-left
Dpad + Right analog stick bottom = Slide back
Dpad + Spin = Double spin
Dpad + Juke left = Skinny juke left
Dpad + Juke right = Skinny juke right

Not working with the latest version of Madden? Maybe it's a controller thing but I can't get any of them to work with a Dpad or Keyboard. Thanks!

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:55 pm

FreetheFreeman wrote:Title. This is getting absolutely ridiculous - I'm doing a RB Superstar file, and it seems like every single game we will muff a punt and have it returned for a touchdown. Every single removed time. I know you could crank up Kicker Accuracy in sliders to fix the too many missed FGs issue, but I can't think of any for this one other than maybe WR Catching, which also influences a bunch of other stuff. Please advise.

I have had this same problem every time I play an exhibition game, no matter which teams I use.

tbb429
All-Pro

Postby tbb429 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:08 pm

calhoupe, have you thought any yet about being able to crack madden 19 and writing scripts for it?

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:32 pm

I'm going to make a guess that it's pretty hard to plan to make cheat engine scripts for a game that hasn't been released yet lol

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:03 pm

calhoupe, have you thought any yet about being able to crack madden 19 and writing scripts for it?

My plan is to release one more Madden 2008 script that includes the updated rules and bug fixes and then move onto Madden 19 when it comes out. Obviously I have no idea what will be possible or necessary to mod for 2019, but I'm looking forward to it.

Return to “Utilities”