Madden NFL 08 Decompression Utility!!!

ShoNuff
Rookie

Re: Madden NFL 08 Decompression Utility!!!

Postby ShoNuff » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:52 am

That doesn't seem to work either. May be something to do with sendspace.com. Again, can it be uploaded elsewhere?
"Being aware of a single shortcoming within yourself is far more useful than being aware of a thousand in someone else" -Dalai Lama

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:26 am

ShoNuff wrote:That doesn't seem to work either. May be something to do with sendspace.com. Again, can it be uploaded elsewhere?

That's entirely up to calhoupe.

What web browser are you using? Do you have an ad blocker installed?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:35 pm

ShoNuff wrote:That doesn't seem to work either. May be something to do with sendspace.com. Again, can it be uploaded elsewhere?

Just downloaded it without any problems (Windows 7 with latest Firefox browser). Are you using still using Windows XP with the Firefox esr browser? Support has ended for XP and Firefox esr, so a lot of sites don't work properly with it.

ShoNuff
Rookie

Postby ShoNuff » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:13 pm

I'm using Windows 7 X64 and I tried both IE11 and Chrome with same results. Obviously it's my PC! :|
"Being aware of a single shortcoming within yourself is far more useful than being aware of a thousand in someone else" -Dalai Lama

ShoNuff
Rookie

Postby ShoNuff » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:46 pm

I also tried to download Calhoupe's Madden Scripts from sendspace.com and can't with same results.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:51 pm

ShoNuff wrote:I also tried to download Calhoupe's Madden Scripts from sendspace.com and can't with same results.

Do you think you could install OBS and record a quick video showing what you're doing?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:16 pm

The link is dead, can someone upload here please?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:52 pm

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:05 am

Thank you for re-uploading that link. I have never used this tool before but it interests me greatly.

Is this essentially just an alternate way of decompressing compressed files from .DATs instead of using the MUER / Custom Uniform Loading method inside Madden 08 PC? That's how I decompressed compressed uniforms from NCAA PS2's Uniform Dat in the past, by placing them the slot of a team in Madden 08 PC's Uniform Dat then using MUER and selecting the team's uniform before going into a game that has the custom compressed NCAA uniform and then going into a game in Madden 08 PC. It would crash Madden but then would allow you to export the uniform uncompressed if you switched back to MUER and extracted it before you closed Madden. I'm not sure if that method only decompressed uniforms, but that's all I ever tried to do.

So if I have it right, this tool just decompresses files without having to go through all that. If so that's great. I was also using QuickBMS to split up an NCAA PS2-decompressed uniform into its parts after using the MUER / Madden 08 PC uniform loading / exporting method.

Now I wonder if through this tool, I can do the opposite, which is take a decompressed NCAA PS2 uniform and then re-compress it. Because the step of re-compressing it is critical to being able to put custom edited uniforms into the NCAA PS2 games and getting it to work because we need to re-compress it after editing it so its file size is small enough to fit into the slot in the NCAA PS2 Uniform dat which needs to be below the size of the original file or else it won't work.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:51 am

the dll being used is decompression only

Return to “Utilities”