Madden NFL 08 Decompression Utility!!!

Col. Trautman
MVP

Re: Madden NFL 08 Decompression Utility!!!

Postby Col. Trautman » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:37 pm

jose21crisis wrote:Let's go. Alright, so I took a visit to the "Plays and Playbooks" forum. Found this and it worked perfectly:

Try this to get the playbook to open in the editor:

1) Open the playbook in the db editor and go into the formation audible table (PBFM). Anywhere you see a "511", change it to zero.

2) Go to the PBST table; delete any record (the entire line), where the SETL value=0 (they are labeled with positions, like HB, FB, etc...)

3) Go to the PSAL table and export it to a .csv file. Open in excel and sort the values by "code" delete all lines that contain code=255. (This is some kind of placeholder code that pacfan's editor doesn't recognize. It won't affect any of the plays.)

It worked, so give it a try.

Thanks I will give it a go!

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:47 pm

elguapo wrote:Ok so I decompressed a mix of compressed and uncompressed files. files that were compressed are saved as *.3ds and files that are uncompressed are saved as *.dat

I then wrote a rename script to rename the *.3ds files to *.dat.

Then using a spreadsheet I wrote a template to create a rename command. I then copied the information to a text editor, replaced the "tabs" with spaces, tweaked it a little and produced a rename command. Once the files were renamed, I used DBR4.exe to create and IMPORT script and added all the files back into the DAT file. Below are the files I used to get all this done.

Decompress Rename Template.7z

.3ds file type

Are you 100% sure those weren't 3D models that were extracted from the dat?

Not saying they were. I haven't had a chance to play around with this yet.

I highly doubt they would be, from everything I've read about DX models recently, the older DX8 and DX9 games should have .X model data and while .3ds models are definitely compatible with .X model format, they still have to be converted to .X before being rendered in a game or 3D environment.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:55 pm

I believe it's just the utility's way of differentiating files from compressed and uncompressed ones. I did the tests on DAT files that I knew were just MMAP files without any TMdl data.

VirdeeMan
All-Pro

Postby VirdeeMan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:56 pm

elguapo wrote:I believe it's just the utility's way of differentiating files from compressed and uncompressed ones. I did the tests on DAT files that I knew were just MMAP files without any TMdl data.

Beat me to it by a few a seconds lol

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:59 pm

elguapo wrote:I believe it's just the utility's way of differentiating files from compressed and uncompressed ones. I did the tests on DAT files that I knew were just MMAP files without any TMdl data.

Ah ok. It wouldn't make sense to see .3ds files in the dat, since the engine would have to convert each one to .X in order to render in DirectX. But who knows, VirdeeMan and I are pretty sure he found Maya animation files inside the Madden 17 files, which, interestingly enough, I used one of Aluigi's utilities to extract data out of :lol:

EDIT: I wonder why it uses .3ds though?
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Leeman67
MVP

Postby Leeman67 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:31 pm

elguapo wrote:Now Madden NFL 04 will be a lot easier to mod.

that's great news. now if only I could get Madden 04 to work on my current PC. when my old one crashed, Madden 04 kinda went with it. Thus the reason my 1966 franchise journal went kaput right before the post season was to begin. Windows 10 and Madden 04 don't get along very well. :(

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:24 pm

Leeman67 wrote:

that's great news. now if only I could get Madden 04 to work on my current PC. when my old one crashed, Madden 04 kinda went with it. Thus the reason my 1966 franchise journal went kaput right before the post season was to begin. Windows 10 and Madden 04 don't get along very well. :(

You could always run an older OS like XP or 7 in a virtual machine.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:25 am

So I've got a question: Is this helpful for trying to import 3D models?

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:50 am

ThePurplePeopleEater wrote:So I've got a question: Is this helpful for trying to import 3D models?

Somewhat, sort of. There are tons of compressed files that nobody has ever decompressed to see what is there.

However, without a method to import or export triangle (face/polygon/mesh/surface) data, there is no way to do much of anything with 3D models.

Leeman67
MVP

Postby Leeman67 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:32 am

RevanFan wrote:
Leeman67 wrote:

You could always run an older OS like XP or 7 in a virtual machine.

Yep, i'm eventually going to research that and see. Technically, 04 works but the visuals are bad - no jersey numbers, etc. Thanks for the tip!

Return to “Utilities”