Madden NFL 08 Decompression Utility!!!

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden NFL 08 Decompression Utility!!!

Postby StingRay68 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:33 am

I've been messing with this and I didn't like how the files were named. I wanted to be able to view the files in numerical order as they appear in the dat. I wanted the listed something like 001 002 003 and they way they are written by default is 0 1 10 100 etc

If you click options on the right side of the editing screen and then under custom options, just remove the "-N" value that is listed you get fixed length filenames when they are extracted.

[edit] Ok that doesnt work quite right, the name length is fixed but it is naming them as hex based instead of decimal. Will keep looking for better options.

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:37 am

I believe an -R option to rename the output file name.

Did you try little pack I put out to rename the decompressed files?

NICK
All-Pro

Postby NICK » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:38 pm

Hey all,

Hope everyone has been doing well. I see that great progress is still being made in madden. I check in every once in a while and when I saw this thread, I just had to try out the new utility.

Wish we had this utility from 2006 thru 2007, would have made things a whole lot easier.

Was thinking back on some things to a time when we were trying to figure out what terf dats were, that someone came up with the idea to try and compare the pc version to the console version(s) but that never really helped us as I recall.

Anyway, thought maybe the decompressor might work on a console version, so I downloaded Madden 2015 xbox 360 version and found that the utility willl decompress the files for the console version also

I had to use a different script, one for NBA Jam, in order for the files to decompress.

The 2015 Console version for xbox 360 is layed out totally different, but very similar in some respects. There is not alot of information on the web for some of the file formats used but they are interesting.

I found that madden is still hiding dds images in their file formats, but they are not labeled mmap like before.

The file extensions used are dat, mvh, bgf, gd_, ptc, rsf, sbb, xpr, xml. There may be a couple more.

Some of the dat files appear to be empty shells that the game uses on the fly.

xpr files seem to be dds files with a weird header that contain dds images much like the mmap files in the pc version

bgf files seem to be grouped images for individual teams and stadiums much like the files in stadiums.dat or uniform.dat

The rest I don't know.

I found another utility for xbox 360 that will render the xpr files into dds images, but the codeing is not right because the images are not rendered properly. I played around with one xpr image file and pasted a new dds header into it and got it to display almost correctly, but the colors were off.

That's about as far as I have gotten in the last couple of days.

Thought I would drop in and share this tidbit of information.

Kudos to all those that have come so far with all of the modding related to Madden. God Bless!!!

NICK
All-Pro

Postby NICK » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:05 am

Went to a different version, Madden 2011 PSP. Seems to be layed out very similar to the pc version. I have decompressed entire uniforms, but that is far as I can go.

My goal here was to see the individual uniform parts and compare them to the pc version. My thinking is maybe there is a way around warping with the jersey, shoulder, and helmet if the uniform parts are the same.

I found a thread that discusses the types of files and the uniform parts for Madden 12 PSP.
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13031

Looks like the uniform parts are the same. Stands to reason that if the uniform parts are the same, then the 3dmodels maybe somewhat very similar.

The screenshots of Madden 11 and 12 are smoother, more defined, and show very little warping. The uniform warping issues have always been a big roadblock with the pc version the way the parts are stretched around the 3d model.

I don't know if that is possible, to extract components out of a console version and overwrite the pc version with respect to uniforms and 3dmodels.

I'm not a code guy, so I don't know. I attached a zip file containing the uniforms for the Cowboys. They are decompressed.
Attachments
COWBOYS.zip
(395.72 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
JOHN 3:16

ShoNuff
Rookie

Postby ShoNuff » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:39 am

This link requires a credit card. Can someone re-upload it to some place free?
"Being aware of a single shortcoming within yourself is far more useful than being aware of a thousand in someone else" -Dalai Lama

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:54 am

ShoNuff wrote:

No it doesn't. Just hit the big blue download button.

EDIT: Excuse my drawing.

Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ShoNuff
Rookie

Postby ShoNuff » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:05 am

RevanFan wrote:
ShoNuff wrote:

When I try to signup, it asks for a credit card. They say they won't use it but I don't trust that. Can someone re-upload to a better place?
"Being aware of a single shortcoming within yourself is far more useful than being aware of a thousand in someone else" -Dalai Lama

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:30 am

ShoNuff wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
ShoNuff wrote:

When I try to signup, it asks for a credit card. They say they won't use it but I don't trust that. Can someone re-upload to a better place?

You don't need to sign up. Just hit the download button that my photo points to. There's no requirement to sign up. I've never had an account at that site and it works perfectly.
My Cowboys Journal

ShoNuff
Rookie

Postby ShoNuff » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:36 am

This is what I get when I hit the download button

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:41 am

ShoNuff wrote:This is what I get when I hit the download button

Here. This is the direct link copied from the download button. This is exactly what I get when I hit download.

https://fs05n2.sendspace.com/dl/284426a ... %20GUI.zip
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Utilities”