4GB memory patch for 64 bit PCs

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:10 pm

Edited - deleted the 2nd tool (a minor tool).

4GB memory patch for 64 bit PCs:

"This very little tool patches x86 executables in order to let them have 4GB (instead of only 2) of virtual memory on x64 platforms." "Why things are this way on x64 is easy to explain. On x86 applications have 2GB of virtual memory out of 4GB (the other 2GB are reserved for the system). On x64 these two other GB can now be accessed by 32bit applications."

Don't forget to backup mainapp.exe first.

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: 2 Uploads; 1#: 4GB memory patch for 64 bit PCs #2: For Modding Only: GPU & Video Card Saver

Postby RevanFan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:15 pm

truetothegame13 wrote:it won't ever modify your mainapp file, as you can see by looking at the modified date remain the same.

That isn't necessarily the case. The only way to truly verify a file is unmodified is by finding its MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, and other checksum hashes, and then testing to make sure they're the same after using the fpslimiter program. Usually you'd only need to check one hash, but you can check others for added surety and security.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Utilities”