How to shrink your League or expand it

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:19 pm

This going to be more of what I know than a tutorial because there are still many unknowns........

You will need the following editors..........
DB Editor 3.0
NZA Editor 1.3
Madden Amp 3.5 or higher

You can download them from this page........ http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopi ... 10&t=18332

You can also get a bunch of other utilities with MadMod X........ from the same page

For a normal team (No custom teams) create your franchise in the game as usual and then skip the training camp and preseason and then save and exit
You can use custom teams as well but all of your pre franchise swaps will need to be done before starting the franchise

Load your franchise in Madden Amp and under Tools/team editor relocate the teams you don't want to the NFL Europe by changing the following things

Conference = NFL Euro
Division = NFL Euro
League = NFL Euro

You are basically hiding these teams so there records or stats will not be kept in the game........

Note: NZA editor has this option as well but does not save correctly and will cause a crash

Next move all the rest of the teams to the divisions of your choice AFC.NFC.North,South,East, or West
You can move teams as you like as far as conference goes as well

As far as I know you can move all of the teams to one or two divisions....... This is not fully tested

Some basic rules to go by........
All teams must play in week one and possibly through week three including the teams you moved to the NFL Europe....... I tried not scheduling the NFL Europe teams and the game would not proceed past week one

In order for you to get through a week there has to be at least one game.......

Teams do not need to play 16 games as previously thought however they do have to play an equal amount of games for playoffs to work properly.......However you can basically lie to the game and update each teams win and losses in the NZA Editor 1.3 and that is the only thing you use that editor for

The game uses winning percentage to select playoff teams and I do not know what the tie breakers are.......

You cannot eliminate divisions or conferences........ you must work around this issue

You must somewhat normalize the franchise before playing week 16 or 17 (Move NFL Europe teams back to the NFL)

Next you must schedule your league and this can be complicated if you don't have anything to go by so I suggest if your not using an actual schedule then Google how many teams you are scheduling for how many weeks you want them to play....... There is alot of info out there for this

Load your franchise up in the DB editor and export to csv the file SCHD (This is near the bottom of the list)

Note: SCHD is the preseason schedule and then changes to the regular season schedule once you advance to regular season in game
SCHH is the pre and regular seasons combined and where the game gets its information from

This part may not be needed and is only for eliminating games in each week depending on what you need.......
You can just schedule the NFL Euro teams to play each other week after week and the real teams follow there on schedule...... you will not see the NFL Euro teams records or stats anywhere in the game to my knowledge

Load the SCHD csv in excel and this is what each column means that I know of

GSTA = IDK
GASC = Away team score
GHSC = Home team score
GTOD = Game time of day
GATG = Away team id
GFTG = IDK
GHTG = Home team id
SGNM = Game number and order
SEWN = Week number 0 is week one 1 is week 2 etc.
GDAT = Day of game
GFOT = IDK
SEWT = Type of game reg season, playoff,championship,Superbowl,Probowl etc.
GFHU = Human or CPU game

More to come.......

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: How to shrink your League or expand it

Postby Rixster67r » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:10 pm

Reserved for expansion

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:11 pm

Reserved for preseason tournament

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:35 pm

Oh damn, thanks a lot man!

If only there was a legitimate app that could remove teams for good.
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

Randall12
MVP

Postby Randall12 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:17 pm

KOOL .

Perhaps . someone may help me with finally creating this idea of mind , I'm abit slow at absorbing this :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=20305&p=107993#p107993

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:15 pm

Let me try and fill the gaps that I've experimented with over the years for anyone still interested in this kind of thing.

Rixster67r wrote:Next move all the rest of the teams to the divisions of your choice AFC.NFC.North,South,East, or West
You can move teams as you like as far as conference goes as well

As far as I know you can move all of the teams to one or two divisions....... This is not fully tested

This is true with the following exceptions:
    When week 17 finishes, the following conditions MUST be met, or the game will crash
  • There must be at least TWELVE (12) unique teams in the NFL.
  • There must be at least SIX (6) unique teams in each conference of the NFL.
  • There must be at least ONE (1) unique team in each division of each conference in the NFL.

Rixster67r wrote:Some basic rules to go by........
All teams must play in week one and possibly through week three including the teams you moved to the NFL Europe....... I tried not scheduling the NFL Europe teams and the game would not proceed past week one

I've actually had hit and miss success with this. Sometimes you can get by with having a team have a bye week in week 1... other times the game crashes. So yes, to be safe, schedule everyone to play the first week.

Rixster67r wrote:In order for you to get through a week there has to be at least one game.......

This is definitely true.

Rixster67r wrote:Teams do not need to play 16 games as previously thought however they do have to play an equal amount of games for playoffs to work properly.......

Okay, here's the deal with this. It turns out that your regular season absolutely canNOT contain more than 256 games (that would be all 32 teams playing 16 games each), but it can definitely contain less than 256. As a result of this, since all teams must be able to play the same amount of games, you cannot really "expand" a league at all. The most amount of teams you can have without doing a lot of extra work is 32.

Rixster67r wrote:You cannot eliminate divisions or conferences........ you must work around this issue

See above on the "teams/division" requirement. Not only can you not eliminate them, they all must be in use come playoff time.

Rixster67r wrote:You must somewhat normalize the franchise before playing week 16 or 17 (Move NFL Europe teams back to the NFL)

See above on the "teams/division" requirement.

Rixster67r wrote:Load the SCHD csv in excel and this is what each column means that I know of

GSTA = IDK
GASC = Away team score
GHSC = Home team score
GTOD = Game time of day
GATG = Away team id
GFTG = IDK
GHTG = Home team id
SGNM = Game number and order
SEWN = Week number 0 is week one 1 is week 2 etc.
GDAT = Day of game
GFOT = IDK
SEWT = Type of game reg season, playoff,championship,Superbowl,Probowl etc.
GFHU = Human or CPU game

This is coming from a lot of memory from a long time ago, but I believe the following explanations to be correct:
GSTA = Game STAte --> "0" = game not played yet, "1" = game has been completed

GFTG = Game played on ThanksGiving --> "0" = no, "1" = yes

GFOT = Game Finished in OverTime --> "0" for games not played or that were played but ended in regulation, "1" for games played that finished in overtime.

Anyway, nice work so far Rixter (I know, it's from 4 months ago). If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can recollect any other experimentation I had done with this for my League Shrinker utility back int he day.

JD

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:09 am

This is definately a very valuable subject for the record. There is not much talk surrounding it due to it being treacherous uncharted territory. I can't wait to shake off being overwhelmed from all of this information so I can get a classic franchise going. And/or for us to find a simple fix.
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

vvp117
Rookie

Postby vvp117 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:18 pm

I think GSTA is actually the results of the game, whether home/away wins the game. 0 = unscheduled 1 = unplayed. 2 = away team win. 3 = home team win.

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:01 pm

vvp117 wrote:I think GSTA is actually the results of the game, whether home/away wins the game. 0 = unscheduled 1 = unplayed. 2 = away team win. 3 = home team win.

This might be true. I don't recall. I also don't remember there ever being a 2 or 3 value though, and I thought it was a Boolean variable. But again, it's been years since I looked.

JD

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:14 pm

vvp117 wrote:I think GSTA is actually the results of the game, whether home/away wins the game. 0 = unscheduled 1 = unplayed. 2 = away team win. 3 = home team win.

4=Tied?
6=Hometeamscheduled (as in 2nd round games during first round)
7=Spawned
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Return to “Utilities”