How to release a player and sign a replacement

Nascardave14
Rookie

Postby Nascardave14 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:43 pm

I am new to this and need some help. The vikings released Blair Walsh this past week and signed Kai Forbath. I have Madden Roster Editor and can find Blair on the vikings roster. How do I use this tool to remove Walsh and put Forbath on the team roster? I am sure it is easy to do, but I want to know how that way I can keep the roster current.

Sponsor

Sponsor

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Re: How to release a player and sign a replacement

Postby NickyJ » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:18 pm

For each player you want to sign and release, there are two main sections you have to edit: Team, and contract.

For the team, it's simple enough. Click on the drop down menu in the upper right, and set Blair Walsh to the Free Agent team. Likewise, for Kai Forbath, take him from one of the free agent teams, and select Vikings.

The contract part is a bit different. There are 3 boxes that you have to cover, which I've highlighted below in this screenshot:

Spoiler:

The top box, which has Total Sal listed next to it, is how much the total contract is worth. The box shows 1300, but the contract itself is worth $13 million. The two zeroes are for tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars, so if a contract was worth $13,450,000, the box would show 1345. Since you're cutting Blair Walsh, you need to set his Total Sal to 0. 4 out 4 shows how many years he has left on his current contract. For Walsh, set both to 0.

According to Spotrac, Kai Forbath's deal is 2 years for $1,087,941. So for his Total Sal in Madden Roster Editor, you would put it down as 109 (1 million, plus 90 thousand after rounding up). He just signed his contract this year, so you would put down 2 out 2. Save the roster, and your work is done.

Return to “Utilities”