DAT File Replacer problem

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Re: DAT File Replacer problem

Postby JSamuel » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:10 pm

SupermanFan1 wrote:
JSamuel wrote:Where the hell did you find that? Damn, you don't even need my help. :lol:

Well, actually, it lets me replace files, up until I try to save it, then it crashes.

Okay, that's beyond my ability to help... Sorry.

I even have issues of my own to deal with.

Sponsor

Sponsor

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:53 am

Have you guys tried running the program in compatibility mode?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:06 am

Instead of linking download sites, link to the original thread with the original download link. This will reduce the changes of downloading possible corrupt files.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:32 am

elguapo wrote:Instead of linking download sites, link to the original thread with the original download link. This will reduce the changes of downloading possible corrupt files.

I got my download link from the Files Section.

cyclone2426 wrote:Have you guys tried running the program in compatibility mode?

I'm not having trouble with DFR5; SupermanFan1 is.

I am having my own problems, with MadModX. I've already tried compatibility mode, and alas, it was to no avail.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:50 am

SupermanFan1 wrote:Hi, I can't use File Replacer on my Windows 8 PC, I can open .dats, but can't place new files in, like Q's Equipment files. Any help?

Are you aware that the XVI Mod, released last week, comes with a PLADATA.dat with my Q's Equipment files already installed??
They also included an untouched, default PLADATA.dat, so you can swap, back and forth easily.

SupermanFan1
Pro Bowl

Postby SupermanFan1 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:45 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
SupermanFan1 wrote:Hi, I can't use File Replacer on my Windows 8 PC, I can open .dats, but can't place new files in, like Q's Equipment files. Any help?

Are you aware that the XVI Mod, released last week, comes with a PLADATA.dat with my Q's Equipment files already installed??
They also included an untouched, default PLADATA.dat, so you can swap, back and forth easily.

Uh.....................I do now. Thanks.

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Sun May 28, 2017 11:49 am

Hi Everyone,

sorry to necro an old thread but I am having the same trouble with DFR 4.3.1 and 5.0.0

When I try to replace a selected file with DFR it does not work it gives me an error message and crashes. I am runnign as an administrator and am in compatability mode for Win XP. Any help would be great, Thanks
Making tpf mods and tpf mod accessories.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sun May 28, 2017 12:18 pm

grabursock55 wrote:Hi Everyone,

sorry to necro an old thread but I am having the same trouble with DFR 4.3.1 and 5.0.0

When I try to replace a selected file with DFR it does not work it gives me an error message and crashes. I am runnign as an administrator and am in compatability mode for Win XP. Any help would be great, Thanks

Perhaps I can help, but I need more information.
There could be a thousand things that would cause an error and crash, while replacing a file.

Which .dat file are you working with?
What files do you need to import/replace?

Eros
All-Pro

Postby Eros » Sun May 28, 2017 3:17 pm

I think you should try DFR4 that comes up with MadMod-x. I have the same problem as you with both DFR 4.3.1 and 5.0.0 but i could work with DFR4

grabursock55
MVP

Postby grabursock55 » Sun May 28, 2017 4:24 pm

1312qohelet wrote:

Perhaps I can help, but I need more information.
There could be a thousand things that would cause an error and crash, while replacing a file.

Which .dat file are you working with?
What files do you need to import/replace?

So I got it to work.

I had to fully close out of madden before editing the files. I had just alt+tabbed out of it, without closing. You know one of those things I figured out right after posting lol. But I guess my foolishness might help someone else in the future who might be having trouble.

Thank you very much for the replies though.
Making tpf mods and tpf mod accessories.

Return to “Utilities”