ROGERJINX NEW OVR CALCULATOR

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Re: ROGERJINX NEW OVR CALCULATOR

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed May 31, 2017 10:08 am

lichtental wrote:
GeneralSilent wrote:I'm not sure if this is a problem for you but opening the Excel template in Openoffice doesn't load at all. The loading bar is stuck forever.

Not sure if it's because i'm using Openoffice, but i can't afford Excel so i'm kinda stuck.

Openoffice is a project almost dead, even if you succeed to open the excel template I don't think that it can run VBA macros (in Roger's template there are macros)

You should try instead Libreoffice(born as a fork of Openoffice) because it's constantly updated and hopefully can handle excel macros

https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Using_Microsoft_Office_and

Thanks for posting the link, lichtental. I have been needing this myself.
And thanks for the inquiry, GeneralSilent

Sponsor

Sponsor

atomiczap
Rookie

Postby atomiczap » Wed May 31, 2017 12:49 pm

So, I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. There is no way to see what a players actual overall rating will be while editing the player anymore? There are some player ratings that I would like to change, but what is the best way to do this now? To actually load the roster in-game and edit the ratings there?

Thanks for all your hard work keeping Madden 08 alive Rogerjinx!

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:37 pm

atomiczap wrote:So, I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. There is no way to see what a players actual overall rating will be while editing the player anymore? There are some player ratings that I would like to change, but what is the best way to do this now? To actually load the roster in-game and edit the ratings there?

Thanks for all your hard work keeping Madden 08 alive Rogerjinx!

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, you should do it in-game if you use my own version of DB_Templates.

Kriegsmarine
All-Pro

Postby Kriegsmarine » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:43 pm

I've been trying for a while now but I can't get it to work. The first issue appears when I paste the .csv into the RNOC sheet. Unlike in the tutorial picture, I get everything in a single column separated by commas which the RNOC can't read, so I have to run it through Excel's Text to Column tool. After I've done this, the RNOC can read my stuff, so I run the macro. Then I copy and paste the content in YOUR FILE back to the .csv and save it (still in neat columns), but when I try to import the .csv in NZA's editor, I get an error message saying "Index was outside the bounds of the array."

This is way beyond my skillset, so any help would be highly appreciated.

EDIT: I tried downloading LibreOffice which opened the .csv in columns without any problems whatsoever, and from there on it worked just fine. In other words, the error was on my part.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:43 pm

Kriegsmarine wrote:I've been trying for a while now but I can't get it to work. The first issue appears when I paste the .csv into the RNOC sheet. Unlike in the tutorial picture, I get everything in a single column separated by commas which the RNOC can't read, so I have to run it through Excel's Text to Column tool. After I've done this, the RNOC can read my stuff, so I run the macro. Then I copy and paste the content in YOUR FILE back to the .csv and save it (still in neat columns), but when I try to import the .csv in NZA's editor, I get an error message saying "Index was outside the bounds of the array."

This is way beyond my skillset, so any help would be highly appreciated.

EDIT: I tried downloading LibreOffice which opened the .csv in columns without any problems whatsoever, and from there on it worked just fine. In other words, the error was on my part.

Cool! I havent updated that version to make it more user-friendly.

KyleOrton'sNeckbeard
Rookie

Postby KyleOrton'sNeckbeard » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:52 am

Hi Roger,

Is the file posted at the beginning of this thread still the recommended fix for this discrepancy (and if so, any chance I could have the permission to view it)? I am an idiot, and in the process of editing Aaron Rodgers with NZA so that the CPU doesn't let him rot on a bench, I inadvertently recalculated all the OVRs for every player. I am playing with the '08 rosters but otherwise using the FF/FI, including your calculations in the DB_Templates, and I far prefer your OVR numbers, so if I can restore them it'd be great.

Merry Xmas if you celebrate, thank you for all your work either way.

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:29 am

KyleOrton'sNeckbeard wrote:Hi Roger,

Is the file posted at the beginning of this thread still the recommended fix for this discrepancy (and if so, any chance I could have the permission to view it)? I am an idiot, and in the process of editing Aaron Rodgers with NZA so that the CPU doesn't let him rot on a bench, I inadvertently recalculated all the OVRs for every player. I am playing with the '08 rosters but otherwise using the FF/FI, including your calculations in the DB_Templates, and I far prefer your OVR numbers, so if I can restore them it'd be great.

Merry Xmas if you celebrate, thank you for all your work either way.

You can use it either for roster or for franchise file. If you are editing a roster, you can do it also in-game since you are using my DB_Templates version. If you go to edit screen even without editing it will recalculate the OVR. This doesn't happen for .fra files which only occur during off-season.

KyleOrton'sNeckbeard
Rookie

Postby KyleOrton'sNeckbeard » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:52 pm

rogerjinx wrote:
KyleOrton'sNeckbeard wrote:This doesn't happen for .fra files which only occur during off-season.

Ah, so the problem will self-correct after next off-season for a franchise file? If so I will just live with it. It is indeed a franchise and not a roster. Either way, thanks again!

natureboy
Pro Bowl

Postby natureboy » Mon May 18, 2020 3:47 pm

Okay Roger, so question:

When I look at my depth chart (using your new 2020 rosters), my rookie WR in Franchise mode has an OVR of 69. He was a first round pick. Is this the intention of your OVR calculations? I'm confused why the roster ratings differ from the depth chart ratings.

Is there a way to fix this? Is this normal? Do I ignore it?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon May 18, 2020 6:32 pm

natureboy wrote:Okay Roger, so question:

When I look at my depth chart (using your new 2020 rosters), my rookie WR in Franchise mode has an OVR of 69. He was a first round pick. Is this the intention of your OVR calculations? I'm confused why the roster ratings differ from the depth chart ratings.

Is there a way to fix this? Is this normal? Do I ignore it?

The ratings seen in the depth chart screen are the accurate ones. The difference is only in the OVR rating. All of the meaningful ratings are the same. The OVR calculations were modified to match the new Madden games, but the editors like NZA don't support those OVR calculations. So, whenever you edit a player in an external editor, that player will be given the OVR that the game originally would have had for them. But, when you look at the depth chart screen in-game, it should the correct OVR rating as determined by the game's data files. That is the Madden 20-style OVR rating that Roger intends to use.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Utilities”