ROGERJINX NEW OVR CALCULATOR

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:12 am

With the introduction of my overhauled OVR calculations in the DB_Templates which I provided in a separate post, it made some external editors cause discrepancies in the OVR calculation in-game for those who uses the said DB_Templates. I made a simple excel template with the use of macro to recalculate the OVR of players from any roster. You will need to use NZA Editor to export the csv file. This will be our temporary solution until our favorite external editors are updated with these changes. I have provided also a guide to use it and for those who are not adept in using Excel.

I am open to suggestions to make it more presentable and user-friendly. Thanks!
Attachments
ROGERJINX NEW OVR CALCULATOR.7z
(553.66 KiB) Downloaded 863 times

Sponsor

Sponsor

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Re: ROGERJINX NEW OVR CALCULATOR

Postby JSamuel » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:51 pm

rogerjinx wrote:With the introduction of my overhauled OVR calculations in the DB_Templates which I provided in a separate post, it made some external editors cause discrepancies in the OVR calculation in-game for those who uses the said DB_Templates. I made a simple excel template with the use of macro to recalculate the OVR of players from any roster. You will need to use NZA Editor to export the csv file. This will be our temporary solution until our favorite external editors are updated with these changes. I have provided also a guide to use it and for those who are not adept in using Excel.

I am open to suggestions to make it more presentable and user-friendly. Thanks!

Nice work. I'm looking forward to future releases.

Eros
All-Pro

Postby Eros » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:22 pm

First of all Rogerjinx, personally you explained it very clearly and was very user friendly. People should not have problems using your new OVR calculator.

What i wanted to say is that unfortunately NZA Madden editor really becomes unusable. Of course not just for OVR calculation but also can't move players from PS to a Teams or change player Position or contract because it will save and the OVR automatically will re-calculate. Anyway with Madden AMP this doesn't happen. You can change position, can move players, contracts and the OVR doesn't change. Of course without hitting the Calculate button of the OVR at the top.

I just wanted to post this because it may help those who play your franchise and roster to move players, position ect ect without screwing the new OVR calculation. That i really like :)

rogerjinx
Hall of Fame

Postby rogerjinx » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:34 pm

Eros wrote:First of all Rogerjinx, personally you explained it very clearly and was very user friendly. People should not have problems using your new OVR calculator.

What i wanted to say is that unfortunately NZA Madden editor really becomes unusable. Of course not just for OVR calculation but also can't move players from PS to a Teams or change player Position or contract because it will save and the OVR automatically will re-calculate. Anyway with Madden AMP this doesn't happen. You can change position, can move players, contracts and the OVR doesn't change. Of course without hitting the Calculate button of the OVR at the top.

I just wanted to post this because it may help those who play your franchise and roster to move players, position ect ect without screwing the new OVR calculation. That i really like :)

Yes I remember Madden Amp do not change OVR automatically unless triggered. They can use it to preserve the OVR generated by the game. But if all else fails, they can turn to this small utility to rectify the changes.

GeneralSilent
MVP

Postby GeneralSilent » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:56 am

I'm not sure if this is a problem for you but opening the Excel template in Openoffice doesn't load at all. The loading bar is stuck forever.

Not sure if it's because i'm using Openoffice, but i can't afford Excel so i'm kinda stuck.
God bless america!

lichtental
MVP

Postby lichtental » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:26 am

GeneralSilent wrote:I'm not sure if this is a problem for you but opening the Excel template in Openoffice doesn't load at all. The loading bar is stuck forever.

Not sure if it's because i'm using Openoffice, but i can't afford Excel so i'm kinda stuck.

Openoffice is a project almost dead, even if you succeed to open the excel template I don't think that it can run VBA macros (in Roger's template there are macros)

You should try instead Libreoffice(born as a fork of Openoffice) because it's constantly updated and hopefully can handle excel macros

https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Using_Microsoft_Office_and

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:19 am

I found is if you have a hard time with getting the overall ratings to change. Just reorder your depth charts for all teams, then go back to the Roster Management main screen. Then scroll past each team the OVR ratings will change per team.
screen0000.bmp
screen0000.bmp (1.37 MiB) Viewed 5386 times

screen0001.bmp
screen0001.bmp (1.37 MiB) Viewed 5386 times

screen0002.bmp
screen0002.bmp (1.37 MiB) Viewed 5386 times

You will notice the lower difference on teams ..there are no teams in the 90s..the Patriots are at 86. To me this is more realistic for game playing
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:20 am

screen0003.bmp
screen0003.bmp (1.37 MiB) Viewed 5386 times
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

GeneralSilent
MVP

Postby GeneralSilent » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:23 pm

Welp i'm stuck again. Which Macro am i suppose to use?

EDIT: Nevermind, i found it! :D
God bless america!

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Wed May 31, 2017 9:52 am

I don't know what I am doing wrong here but when I open the OVR calculator spreadsheet it doesn't have the dropdown menu for me to change this to a franchise instead of a roster. Any ideas?

Edit: I changed the word roster to franchise and it works fine. I am stuck on Step #8 of the directions. Trying to get the 'your file' tab to update with the correct values. I am using Libreoffice and there is no Macros on the view tab. When I press Alt+F8 nothing happens. I happen to have an old copy of Office 2003. Does anyone know if that will work for this process?
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

Return to “Utilities”