Madden Amp BETA Release Thread

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden Amp BETA Release Thread

Postby StingRay68 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:11 pm

Did you try refreshing the player list, like changing team filter to something different and then back again to see if
that player is indeed gone?
List the steps needed to recreate that problem and I will look at it.
Also, if you are using mods, send me the franchise/roster file as well.

Sponsor

Sponsor

mauro_rojo
Pro Bowl

Postby mauro_rojo » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:56 pm

When I tried to change a player's team the app gave me the error "The given key was not present in the dictionary", I assumed that changing my PC language to english will fix it, but it didn't. I have changed display language to english, input language to english too.

Any idea what the solution can be?

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:19 am

Just a guess, but it looks like you're trying to use a teamid that is not defined. If it is a downloaded file or something you have edited with another editor, that is why.

mteeters
Rookie

Postby mteeters » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:56 pm

Is this utility still open source? I found a repository on Sourceforge, but it doesn't appear to have been updated in awhile, unless I'm mistaken.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:18 am

Yes, I haven't uploaded changes since sourceforge changed the way commits were handled.
The last time I updated it, I had to authenticate each change manually, which took quite some time since it wasn't just a simple bug fix.
I tried again a couple years ago to submit changes and was unable to find a method that didn't involve entering user/pw info for each change.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:30 am

StingRay68 wrote:Yes, I haven't uploaded changes since sourceforge changed the way commits were handled.
The last time I updated it, I had to authenticate each change manually, which took quite some time since it wasn't just a simple bug fix.
I tried again a couple years ago to submit changes and was unable to find a method that didn't involve entering user/pw info for each change.

You could try using GitHub instead of SourceForge. It is a tad complex to use GitHub at first, but when you get used you can upload all commits on a project on one go.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:57 pm

mteeters wrote:Is this utility still open source? I found a repository on Sourceforge, but it doesn't appear to have been updated in awhile, unless I'm mistaken.

Are you requesting access to the current source code?

mteeters
Rookie

Postby mteeters » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:02 pm

I was hoping to get it updated on Sourceforge or perhaps put on Github, but yes, I would like to take a look if it's not too much trouble.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:50 am

For me, updating the sourceforge project would not be possible due to the previously mentioned issues.
Honestly, just cleaning up the code to make it suitable for public use is not something I could do in a reasonable amount of time.
This brings up a licensing dilemna for me that I haven't thought much about in years since nobody has asked for the source in that time.

If you're just curious to look at the source, would downloading the available code from sourceforge suffice?

Kriegsmarine
All-Pro

Postby Kriegsmarine » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:23 pm

Using Beta 9, it's impossible to directly move coaches and positions. Trying to add a coach to a team gives me a message saying "Team has an existing coach. Please remove current coach for desired team." What I'm trying to do is to add retired Carson Palmer, who the game considers a Head Coach, as Cardinals OC. I can't do that because the Cardinals already have a Head Coach and I can't change Palmer's role to OC while he's still a Free Agent. My workaround for now was removing both Bruce Arians and the Cardinals OC (Harold Goodwin), adding Palmer and then changing him to OC before re-adding Arians. This seemed to work without any issues.

Another Coach Editor issue I'm running into is that when I try to select Bill Belichick, I get this error message:

Return to “Utilities”