Calhoupe's NCAA Scripts for Madden 08

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: Calhoupe's NCAA Scripts for Madden 08

Postby elguapo » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:42 am

I'm not sure about the ghost marks. My understanding was that the ghost marks were contained in a tmdl file within one of the dats, but I'm not sure. Did we ever get rid of the ghost marks or are people just doing a workaround that covers them up?

Yes I need to correct myself. We can only cover up the ghost lines.

The lines might be part of the stadium file or it may a single TMdl file on the stadium dat files. If you come across it and can disable it we would appreciate it. I'll keep chipping away at the dat files and hope we can find it.

Sponsor

Sponsor

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:12 am

I noticed that the NCAA package has a script for limiting no huddle offenses and the NFL package has a script to make teams more aggressive on 4th downs. Wouldn't it make more sense if those were reversed or available for both packages?

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:20 am

Actually the script to make teams more aggressive on 4th downs is included in the NCAA Rules button. I probably should have separated that out. The NFL scripts is missing the limit no huddle offense script, although I'm not convinced the Limit No Huddle is effective in slowing down the offense in the last two minutes as the CPU offense immediately calls a play and lines up in 7 seconds whereas with No Huddle the CPU actually often takes longer to line up for the next play.

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:21 am

On the first part - did not notice that. Thanks.

On the second part - if I understand what you're saying, the point of that script is make the CPU burn a few seconds off the clock before they snap correct? Whereas in the NFL game, where the clock doesn't stop after first downs, it would unfairly punish the CPU so you didn't put it in?

On the topic of no huddles is there a way to copy from memory the code that causes the Dummies to no huddle? If it was possible to isolate it, do you think it would be able to create different tempos of no huddle which users can select for the CPU?

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:01 am

Yes I need to correct myself. We can only cover up the ghost lines.

The lines might be part of the stadium file or it may a single TMdl file on the stadium dat files. If you come across it and can disable it we would appreciate it. I'll keep chipping away at the dat files and hope we can find it.

Nice thought about using Cheat Engine for the ghost lines problem. I hadn't thought about using Cheat Engine to change graphics issues, however the ghost lines seem to be hard coded into the executable. Here's proof of the Ghost Lines removed via Cheat Engine. This is not a TexMod workaround:
Spoiler:

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:31 am

That's awesome dude! :D i feel we should give a special mention to AustinMario though as when I first mentioned "ghost lines" in the TrueTurf thread a couple of years ago, he suggested I ask calhoupe to see if it would be possible to remove them with Cheat Engine. I didn't think it would be, so I never asked. :oops:

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:37 am

Can you give me a Texmod package with your newer fields (both NCAA and NFL) that show the ghost lines (without the Texmod workaround) so I can hide the ghost lines via a script that will line up with your fields? The field I'm using in the image above is an old one. I also I have to remove the sideline ghost lines as well, although I had no trouble finding them via Cheat engine.

Edit: Do you want me to remove the ghost lines completely or line them up with your fields? They seem to have some kind of graphical purpose. Does it matter? Are they any other ghost lines besides hash marks and sideline marks?

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:54 am

Nice thought about using Cheat Engine for the ghost lines problem. I hadn't thought about using Cheat Engine to change graphics issues, however the ghost lines seem to be hard coded into the executable. Here's proof of the Ghost Lines removed via Cheat Engine. This is not a TexMod workaround:
Spoiler:

Just like pick6 said, awesome! and I would add fantastic! to it too. This will make NCAA mods look spectacular. These are the posts that should be worth a million ranking points.

That's awesome dude! :D i feel we should give a special mention to AustinMario though as when I first mentioned "ghost lines" in the TrueTurf thread a couple of years ago, he suggested I ask calhoupe to see if it would be possible to remove them with Cheat Engine. I didn't think it would be, so I never asked. :oops:

It's not a total loss because since then we learned how to expand the midfield tmdl into full field tmdls which lead to baseball fields. (thanks austinmario)

Edit: Do you want me to remove the ghost lines completely or line them up with your fields? They seem to have some kind of graphical purpose. Does it matter? Are they any other ghost lines besides hash marks and sideline marks?

If I may here, if the ghost lines can indeed be lined up with the NCAA/NFL I think adding an option to have them on or off should be added. If they cannot be lined up then of course have them off.

pick6
Hall of Fame

Postby pick6 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:05 pm

EDIT: i started typing this at same time as elguapo, so hadn't seen his post when I clicked submit!

You talkin to me? Sure I can do that. You're correct that the FIU field that I included as a demo was very old and I later sent you an updated field with adjusted hash marks. I'll send you the .tpf's for default Madden in a couple of hours.

Re your second point, I think folks may have different views on this. The ghost lines are 3ft long (like default Madden hash marks) when the real-life hash marks are actually 2ft. If you can't make the ghost lines 2 ft long, I reckon you should remove them completely, or they will extend past the hash marks.

Personally, I say get rid of them regardless. They seem to be entirely aesthetic in purpose, so that the hash marks in the distance remain sharp and visible. That seems to go against common sense though, as you wouldn't expect to see hash marks clearly from 90 yards away!

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:53 pm

Issue to report. As I was kicking an extra point, the play clock ran out. Delay of game penalty assessed 5 yards, but the ball wasn't moved back to the 7 yard line. So I let the play clock run down again. The same happened, penalty yes, ball moved off the 2 yard line, no!

Return to “Utilities”