Calhoupe's NCAA Scripts for Madden 08

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:13 am

Edit 12/06/17
I've now added these scripts to my Madden scripts, which you can find here: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16466

Edit: 9/26/2016
I've updated NCAA hacks to 2.2. This includes bug fixes and the addition of CPU Extreme Hitstick in which the CPU attempts more hitsticks. This makes the game more challenging and fun IMO. One handed catching has been toned down for the Expanded Catching scripts as well. Ghost lines have been removed. If you don't know what these are then don't worry about it. The Load and Save functions within the GUI now work and use a save and load dialog. Check at bottom of page for link to file.

Edit: 9/9/2016
I've updated NCAA hacks to version 2.1; there are a bunch of changes and bug fixes from 1.0. I've tried to implement everything from my NFL scripts that are applicable as well as all the differences in the NCAA game. Specifically, I've included one foot in bounds catching, NCAA pass interference rule, fixed OT, and the NCAA challenge system. See the readme within the application. See download link at bottom of post. Also these scripts have been in included in pick6's NCAA 17 Field Builder, which you should check out here: http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=18642

Hi All,
Similar to my Madden scripts utility/trainer, I've put together all of my NCAA hacks into one place. In particular I've created a set of hacks called NCAA rules. These include:
- NCAA (wider) hash marks
- Kickoff at 35
- Touchbacks after kickoff at 25
- Extra Points at 3 yard line
- Skip Two Minute Warning
- Stop Clock for about 7 seconds after acquiring 1st downs
- Return extra points for a two point score
- Successive Timeouts
- Play ends when player with the ball is on the ground regardless of being tackled
- NCAA OTs (this doesn't work all that well because the computer AI assumes the old NFL-style OT.) - Fixed!

The only things (I think) that are missing from the rules is two feet in-bounds still needed for a catch and, during the 3rd and later OT, extra points can still be attempted instead of the mandatory two point conversions. - Fixed!

Click the Readme to see more details on the hacks.

Edit: If you have the Amazon digital download version or the original mainapp executable that requires the DVD of Madden, then PM me.

Here's the link for Calhoupe's 2.2 NCAA Scripts for Madden 08: https://www.sendspace.com/file/p27o54

Enjoy!

Sponsor

Sponsor

slydways
Banned
Location: Alliance,Ohio ........Home of the MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS 11 Division III National Championships

Re: Calhoupe's NCAA Scripts for Madden 08

Postby slydways » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:23 pm

thanks cal....have you tried the default playbooks? won't the weak side plays be a problem? won't the weak side receiver routes have to adjusted to keep them in bounds. Some weak side running plays may run out of bounds before they can turn the corner.

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:42 pm

The near side plays are not a problem when using wider hash marks because Madden won't run receivers out of bounds on their routes. With that said, some plays may work much better near side or far side depending on receiver spacing etc. Also, I've found that the AI does a pretty good job of defending far side.

slydways
Banned
Location: Alliance,Ohio ........Home of the MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS 11 Division III National Championships

Postby slydways » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Thanks...great to hear that...

slydways
Banned

Postby slydways » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:26 pm

Got your .exe file. Whether I start it first or after the game starts...it crashes on "enable all"... (Win 7 64)

Also ...does this exe include the "Wide Hash Marks"...and if so...under which section..."Rules"?

mike9472
MVP

Postby mike9472 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:50 pm

Runs fine on XP 32 bit, didn't have any problems.

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Got your .exe file. Whether I start it first or after the game starts...it crashes on "enable all"...

Thanks for letting me know; does it crash if you enable each script one at a time?

And where are you in Madden when it crashes?

Also ...does this exe include the "Wide Hash Marks"...and if so...under which section..."Rules"?

The wide hash marks are included in NCAA Rules.

slydways
Banned

Postby slydways » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:16 pm

Alone.....they all work but...

NCAA Rules....crashes at the two teams entering the stadium
Endzone Camera....crashes at the two teams entering the stadium

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:24 pm

NCAA Rules....crashes at the two teams entering the stadium
Endzone Camera....crashes at the two teams entering the stadium

I'm not having this problem even after I rebooted my computer (sometimes pointers surprisingly change even though you think you're working with a stable pointer).

Can you send me your mainapp.exe found in your Program Files folder? Thanks

Is this happening when you're starting a Play NOW game or franchise game. What happens if you wait until after the teams have taken the coin toss?

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:21 pm

This is fantastic app, calhoupe. Well done!

I would like to make a some suggestions. First, I think the wide hash script should be a separate option. If you do not load a Texmod file with a wide hash field, the game experience is not as good. There are so few wide hash fields out there on this board, assuming you do not build one yourself (which brings up other issues).

Secondly, I wonder if it would be possible to isolate the algorithm the game uses to determine whether the booth will initiate a replay during the two minute warning or OT. If there is such an algorithm, could it be possible to have booth initiated replays throughout the game while still allowing the user/CPU to have one challenge?

Thirdly, there have been many efforts on this board to try to find what I call the "Peyton Manning gene". That is, when a CPU led team has a QB named "Peyton Manning" on the field, that offense will regularly go no huddle. Is it possible to isolate the script that does this?

Return to “Utilities”