UMod v.2 r.53

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Re: UMod v.2 r.53

Postby madden07eurocat » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:00 am

I agree with that.

I've run into a little snag though. Doesn't seem to impact anything but the recording view in Open Broadcaster Studio recording. I have two monitors so as I'm playing a game I can view what is being recorded as it happens. That recording view is very choppy. When I go to play back the .mp4 that is generated, it plays and looks just fine though. I have a feeling it is the DX9 that uMod is using and the DX11 that OBS is using to render with, conflicting in the recording view for some reason. But, like I said it doesn't seem to impact the final video that is the playback file because it plays just fine.
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

Sponsor

Sponsor

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:51 am

A little bit more info on the "A" and "D" columns.

Checking column "A" activates the entire TPF file. Meaning all the textures in the TPF are loaded.

Checking column "D" deactivates the entire TPF file. Meaning all the textures in the TPF are not loaded.

Having both columns unchecked "A"ctivates or "D"eactivates the single textures in a TPF file.

TeeNice
All-Pro

Postby TeeNice » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:24 pm

Hi can anyone help me build this template so that it completely works? As of now I can't get any of the associated tpf's to load. The only tpf's that load are ones not linked in a group.

I took the GW2_events.zip example and constructed a similar one for Madden and plan to do one for the NCAA mod once the kinks are cleared!
Attachments
Umod Madden TPF Tree.jpg
Umod Madden TPF Tree.jpg (222.58 KiB) Viewed 1878 times

joho823
Pro Bowl

Postby joho823 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:09 am

I can't get Madden 08 to start via uMod. Also, I'm not sure if I should put the d3d9.dll file in the Program Files directory or in the Documents directory.

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out myself.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:01 am

I just learned that if you extract a TPF and zip it with the DEF file, you can use that zip in Umod. You can also build a Zip file using a Texmod DEF file method and use it in Umod. I bring this up because using a ZIP file is easier to zip and unzip instead of using the third party tools to extract a TPF.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:46 am

elguapo wrote:I just learned that if you extract a TPF and zip it with the DEF file, you can use that zip in Umod. You can also build a Zip file using a Texmod DEF file method and use it in Umod. I bring this up because using a ZIP file is easier to zip and unzip instead of using the third party tools to extract a TPF.

Interesting..... Could you give some examples of what you are talking about.....

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:06 am

Rixster67r wrote:
elguapo wrote:I just learned that if you extract a TPF and zip it with the DEF file, you can use that zip in Umod. You can also build a Zip file using a Texmod DEF file method and use it in Umod. I bring this up because using a ZIP file is easier to zip and unzip instead of using the third party tools to extract a TPF.

Interesting..... Could you give some examples of what you are talking about.....

Just extract a TPF. You will have the textures and the texmod def file. Select the textures and the def file and create a zip file. Use that zip file in Umod.

You can also create a def file with textures and zip those files. A def file is the same as a texmod.log file.

I hope that makes sense

Return to “Utilities”