UMod v.2 r.53

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Re: UMod v.2 r.53

Postby elguapo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:19 am

I have been using umod v 2 49 for a while now and I am convinced it is a much stronger engine than Texmod

Here is the pro's......
You get better graphics.......the game itself seems to get a boost as well as the textures
No missing textures like Texmod......parts of stadium or uniforms not showing up
No misplaced textures such as a random logo on the scoreboard etc......
No weird colors when its raining.......so far......
You are able to disable all or part of a tpf.......
You do not have to restart the game to add a tpf or change the order of the tpf's
You can save a template so when you start umod it will automatically load common tpf's such as Pick 6,Bigdaddycools,Heisman mod stuff
Example: You can load the entire Heisman 14 mod by default.......You have to load all of the tpf's up (takes a while) and then go through the list and select disable for all but the BASE-AO tpf and then under main select "save template" and then "set as default" and then everytime you load madden with umod it will load the complete mod up (disabled) and then you just simply go down the list and check active of the tpf's you need for your game and then right click and select update and then you are ready to go play........This feature really is worth trying umod alone......

Cons
I have yet to be able to log any textures through umod
The hot pink color that Texmod does not see.......shows up with umod.....so textures that have the pink background have to be corrected........However the breast cancer awareness equipment could be created with Texmod and then used with umod.......

Like Rixster67r said above, uMod is so much better. Here's a tutorial on how to log textures and load TPF files.
uMod and Madden NFL 08

Sponsor

Sponsor

Greya23
Pro Bowl

Postby Greya23 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:46 pm

i keep getting the d3d9_Dl error what am i doing wrong?

Greya23
Pro Bowl

Postby Greya23 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:16 pm

Nvm i got it working

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:34 am

One of the most impressive features of uMod is that you can set up Madden to load any textures automatically by clicking the mainapp.exe, giving the impression that it's a DAT based mod.

I see uMod becoming the preferred method of modding due to how easy it is to edit textures. Any DAT based modding will be primarily done to set "placeholders" for textures.

Here's how to set up uMod and Madden:
-------------------------------------------------------

Step 1. Copy the d3d9.dll from the uMod directory to the mainapp.exe directory.

Step 2. Start uMod.

Step 3. Go to Main> Add game and select add the mainapp.exe file.

Step 4. Start Madden. (Do not use uMod to start Madden)

Step 5. Once Madden is loaded, ALT+TAB out and go back to uMod.

Step 6. UMod should now have a mainapp tab. Set the settings (capture keys, save directory)

Step 7. Go to Main> Save template as... and save the template.

Step 8. Go to Main> Set template as default.

You have now set Madden to load with the settings you chose in the template automatically every time you load Madden. Make sure uMod is running first before starting Madden.

The templates can be saved to load your favorite TPF files automatically every time you start Madden. You can have the entire Heisman 14 TPFs listed and only have the desired TPFs active or deactived.

In the spoiler I have BigDaddyCool's XFL TPF files loaded saved under a template name XFL.txt
Spoiler:

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:05 pm

elguapo wrote:One of the most impressive features of uMod is that you can set up Madden to load any textures automatically by clicking the mainapp.exe, giving the impression that it's a DAT based mod.

I see uMod becoming the preferred method of modding due to how easy it is to edit textures. Any DAT based modding will be primarily done to set "placeholders" for textures.

Step 2. Start uMod.

Step 6. UMod should now have a mainapp tab. Set the settings (capture keys, save directory)

You have now set Madden to load with the settings you chose in the template automatically every time you load Madden. Make sure uMod is running first before starting Madden.

The templates can be saved to load your favorite TPF files automatically every time you start Madden. You can have the entire Heisman 14 TPFs listed and only have the desired TPFs active or deactived.

In the spoiler I have BigDaddyCool's XFL TPF files loaded saved under a template name XFL.txt
Spoiler:

ummm...I did what you said but I still don't have a mainapp tab.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:41 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:
elguapo wrote:One of the most impressive features of uMod is that you can set up Madden to load any textures automatically by clicking the mainapp.exe, giving the impression that it's a DAT based mod.

Step 2. Start uMod.

Spoiler:

ummm...I did what you said but I still don't have a mainapp tab.

Then you didn't follow the instructions.

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:04 am

I've been playing around with this and think that I finally got it figured out. Not sure that I see a vast improvement in the graphics quality using this vs TexMod, but I agree that not having to load each tpf file individually and having a template that you load is much better.
I have also found that, just like TexMod, the order in which you place the tpf files is key to whether you see them in the game. For example, I made my own field for my SF franchise and if I load KIT's HD fix tpf before my new field tpf, KIT's field overrides my new field. Likewise, I have made a tpf that changes all the hanging sponsor tarps from EA advertisements to my own files. If I put that at the bottom of the pecking order of my tpf's, they do not show up in-game.

Question though........Does anyone know what the significance of the A and D columns are? I guess that I can do some testing, but was curious if anyone knows?
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:57 am

madden07eurocat wrote:Question though........Does anyone know what the significance of the A and D columns are? I guess that I can do some testing, but was curious if anyone knows?

What I like about the templates is that you can load the entire TPFs of a mod and the make the TPF ACTIVE or DEACTIVATE. In the spoiler sample above I have BigDaddyCool's XFL Mod (TPFs) am I only have the XFL championship game TPFs loaded.

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:04 am

elguapo wrote:
madden07eurocat wrote:Question though........Does anyone know what the significance of the A and D columns are? I guess that I can do some testing, but was curious if anyone knows?

What I like about the templates is that you can load the entire TPFs of a mod and the make the TPF ACTIVE or DEACTIVATE. In the spoiler sample above I have BigDaddyCool's XFL Mod (TPFs) am I only have the XFL championship game TPFs loaded.

OK, it's Activate and Deactivate. That makes sense. I thought just taking the check mark out of both fields for a single tpf would make it inactive. Thanks!
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:36 am

I hate to brag about uMod but those templates replace the constant loading and unloading of the tpf files by simply checking the "A" and "D" columns.

Return to “Utilities”