Calhoupe's Madden Scripts

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Re: Calhoupe's Madden Scripts

Postby madden07eurocat » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:58 am

weijian wrote:Hi, bit of a newbie on this topic.

Been playing for a bit using the latest FF/FI mods, just discovered this scripts package and interested in trying it out.

downloaded the file and when i run it i get this error: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

I've downloaded nodvd mainapp.exe and also running as administrator, but still no luck.

surely i'm missing something simple..

It may be your anti-virus software preventing it from running. If you go into the settings of your AV program you should be able to set the folder that the scripts program is located in as a safe folder.
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Something I noticed that newer Maddens have is that each player position has a different Sub In/Out value. So for example, you could set HBs to come out when their stamina went down to 87 and back in when it was a 92, but set FBs to sub out at 78 and back in a 85. I wonder if this is possible to replicate using a script, as right now in 08 you only set a general Sub Out/In slider for every position.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

FreetheFreeman
Rookie

Postby FreetheFreeman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:12 pm

Hi Calhoupe,

I really like these scripts! However, I'm running into a really bizarre problem - every one of your scripts used to work fine, but then suddenly the Extended Moves stopped working. I know the rest of it works because the fullscreen patch is still active.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:21 am

FreetheFreeman wrote:Hi Calhoupe,

I really like these scripts! However, I'm running into a really bizarre problem - every one of your scripts used to work fine, but then suddenly the Extended Moves stopped working. I know the rest of it works because the fullscreen patch is still active.

You could try the number one rule for IT support. Turn it off and on again. I don't know if that will have any impact in this case, but it's worth a shot.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

FreetheFreeman
Rookie

Postby FreetheFreeman » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:45 am

RevanFan wrote:You could try the number one rule for IT support. Turn it off and on again. I don't know if that will have any impact in this case, but it's worth a shot.

Which refers to what in this case? Uninstall/reinstall of either Madden or the scripts?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:50 am

FreetheFreeman wrote:
RevanFan wrote:You could try the number one rule for IT support. Turn it off and on again. I don't know if that will have any impact in this case, but it's worth a shot.

Which refers to what in this case? Uninstall/reinstall of either Madden or the scripts?

Neither. Just turn the script that isn't working off and on again.
My Cowboys Journal

EARTHMAN38
Rookie

Postby EARTHMAN38 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:38 pm

MY GAME KEEPS CRASHING WHILE USING CALHOUPES MADDEN SCRIPTS WITH TEX MOD? FOR SOME REASON I CAN PLAY AT TIMES WITHOUT CRASHING BUT AT OTHER TIMES IT DOES, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT CAN I DO TO STOP THIS?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:25 pm

EARTHMAN38 wrote:MY GAME KEEPS CRASHING WHILE USING CALHOUPES MADDEN SCRIPTS WITH TEX MOD? FOR SOME REASON I CAN PLAY AT TIMES WITHOUT CRASHING BUT AT OTHER TIMES IT DOES, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT CAN I DO TO STOP THIS?

First, please don't use all caps. It's the internet version of shouting.

Second... Are you absolutely sure the scripts or TexMod are causing your problem? Have you tried playing with just the scripts or just TexMod and seeing what happens? If it crashes either way, what scripts are you using? And if we determine it's not a script issue, have you followed the basic troubleshooting checklist?
My Cowboys Journal

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:34 pm

RevanFan wrote:
EARTHMAN38 wrote:MY GAME KEEPS CRASHING WHILE USING CALHOUPES MADDEN SCRIPTS WITH TEX MOD? FOR SOME REASON I CAN PLAY AT TIMES WITHOUT CRASHING BUT AT OTHER TIMES IT DOES, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT CAN I DO TO STOP THIS?

First, please don't use all caps. It's the internet version of shouting.

Second... Are you absolutely sure the scripts or TexMod are causing your problem? Have you tried playing with just the scripts or just TexMod and seeing what happens? If it crashes either way, what scripts are you using? And if we determine it's not a script issue, have you followed the basic troubleshooting checklist?

I use both the scripts and TexMod and have had trouble with certain versions of the scripts, but when I stick with version 1.61 I don't seem to have any crashing issues. Try 1.61 and see if that helps.

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:07 am

Calhoupe - Just curious to know if there could be a script that would improve the timing of draw plays? Seems that the interval between the snap, selling the pass and actually running the football could be shorter, making the play a little more fluid. Jose21crisis does a good job of describing what he does with the playbook here, but I wonder if there could be a script that would front end all this for all draw plays? Thoughts?

A random thought, could this somehow affect the lack of effectiveness of the screen pass? Hmmmmm.........
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

Return to “Utilities”