Calhoupe's Madden Scripts

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: Calhoupe's Madden Scripts

Postby BUS36 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:51 pm

I have noticed that the chain gang lose the down markers and sticks lately?
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Sponsor

Sponsor

r3d86
Pro Bowl

Postby r3d86 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi Calhoupe, your scripts are amazing! It improved the experience a lot and make this game so first of all thanks a lot!

Second of all, I want to ask you if it's possible to make one script to sim or script the part you don't play on Superstar mode in order to don't have to wait until it ends.

Thanks in advance and please continue with this awesome improvements!

Regards!

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:39 am

Second of all, I want to ask you if it's possible to make one script to sim or script the part you don't play on Superstar mode in order to don't have to wait until it ends.

I think the only possibility for this would be a script that would speed up the game until your superstar came back on the field. Cheat Engine can hack the speed of the game to go many times faster. The simulation engine is completely separate from actual gameplay.

Can you calhoupe make a similar script for NFL Head Coach? It would be great!

I've never played NFL Head Coach and have no intention of creating scripts for it.

So, I have a thought that Calhoupe may be able to address, as he is much more knowledgeable than I about things like this..

I play the game with an XBOX 360 controller, and as anyone who plays with the 360 controller knows, kicking is horrible. Straight on kicks are easy as the swing stick thing is so easy, but hitting a coffin corner punt is nearly impossible as it seems like the stick only registers straight up and down on the vertical axis or straight right to left on the horizontal axis, meaning that anywhere in between there is going to result in an inaccurate kick.

My question to Calhoupe is: can you make a script so that the kicking is done by pressing the A button 3 times instead of the kick stick? The mechanic is built into the game for keyboard users, but since there is no key mapping, and the game automatically sets the mode to kick stick when a controller is plugged in, it just doesnt work well. Is there anything that can be done? Thanks a lot!

This is an interesting idea, I'll look into it. I've also found the kicking with the controller to be a bit counter-intuitive.

I had the updated rules script enabled, I saw myself the victim of an extremely rare football play (so rare that I don't believe it's happened in the NFL, although it's only been a few years that this could have happened). I blocked an extra point, and the ball bounced and careemed toward my goal line. I recovered it at around the five yard line, but momentum carried me to the two or three before I regained control of the player. With tacklers swiftly descending, I foolishly bounced backward into the end zone in the hopes of finding space and returning it the distance for the two. However, I was tackled in the end zone. As I understand it, under current rules, this should result in a one point safety in favor of the kicking team, correct? I ran another game to see if I could incur the one point safety, but no dice. Would it be possible to add this? That'd be the perfect amount of insane detail for a mod this badass.

That's crazy; I have no idea what the result of this play would be - probably won't worry about this.
Re: other potential scripts that seem like they might be simple enough to add to the mod (he said, having never modded anything, ever), would it be possible to include the clock run-offs that certain offensive fouls incur inside of two minutes? I am not sure off-hand if there are defensive fouls for which there are clock run-offs as well.

Good point; hadn't considered runoffs. Part of the problem is that the team that perpetrated the penalty needs to have an opportunity to call a timeout (if they have at least one left). I'm not sure I can code that.

P.S. - A final, unrelated question: When the automatic booth reviews for plays with scores or turnovers are being simulated by way of the free challenges following those plays, does the computer ever opt to challenge? I have seen them challenge other plays, but I noticed a very long time ago that it does not seem as if the computer challenges these plays, and I still have not noticed them doing so to date, which leads me to believe they do not (given the amount I play and the amount of time since first I noticed it).

So the code works like this: if the computer or user challenges one of these plays they will not be charged a TO. The truth is that the CPU will challenge if the game thinks it's worth challenging. From what I've seen the computer challenges these plays but only if they're worth challenging.

P.P.S. - Ten minute overtime! Please? Pretty please?

Yep, this needs to be added. It might be good add a feature that gives the user the ability to set the length of the OT period.

During a game my team intercepted a pass at the back endzone line. Before I could challenge, the booth review reversed the call. My moment of happiness was short lived when my opponent was credited with a touchdown instead of a touchback for me. The stats clearly showed Cam Newton of the Panthers passing to Brent Grimes of the Buccaneers for a touchdown. Does the script control this or can it prevent a future occurrence?

Yes, that is annoying and a side effect of my code that allows interceptions to occur on the sidelines and backlines. The code tricks the game into thinking the ball has been momentarily caught by the offense when a defender intercepts a pass so if the incomplete pass is overturned to a completed catch on review then the offense is credited with a reception instead of the defense. I'll see if I can't figure out a workaround for what is already a workaround.

Hello is there a way to activate the Accelerated clock feature in CPU vs. CPU games? I activated the cheat but it works on games where you play and not on cpu vs cpu games.

I thought this was taken care of. I'll look into this again. I think in CPU vs. CPU games Madden runs different code for accelerated clock, which skips past my code injection.

Hi guys I've notice that while using the script if the QB fumble the ball while running with the ball then no one is able to pick up the ball
This is happening from time to time.

Yes this is a strange and fairly rare side effect of my code that fixes Madden's bad code relating to how fumbles are handled in the final two minutes and on 4th down etc. If only my fixes never created side effects. I'll look into this.

My Challenge now is getting good Punt Averages with less Touchbacks, there aren't that many in the NFL.
I would like to see a less Punt Touchback script. The ball can bounce 20 yards into the end zone with Madden.

I agree that this needs to be fixed. Punting has always annoyed me in Madden.

Calhoupe, any luck making the group TD celebrations happen more often after touchdowns?

I still need to work on this.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:14 am

calhoupe wrote:Snip

Have you considered adding the ability to make the camera always be the "cinematic" style camera when it's a CPU vs. CPU game? It already does this in superstar mode, but not in franchise or play now.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:15 am

Spoiler:
calhoupe wrote:

I think the only possibility for this would be a script that would speed up the game until your superstar came back on the field. Cheat Engine can hack the speed of the game to go many times faster. The simulation engine is completely separate from actual gameplay.

Can you calhoupe make a similar script for NFL Head Coach? It would be great!

I've never played NFL Head Coach and have no intention of creating scripts for it.

So, I have a thought that Calhoupe may be able to address, as he is much more knowledgeable than I about things like this..

I play the game with an XBOX 360 controller, and as anyone who plays with the 360 controller knows, kicking is horrible. Straight on kicks are easy as the swing stick thing is so easy, but hitting a coffin corner punt is nearly impossible as it seems like the stick only registers straight up and down on the vertical axis or straight right to left on the horizontal axis, meaning that anywhere in between there is going to result in an inaccurate kick.

My question to Calhoupe is: can you make a script so that the kicking is done by pressing the A button 3 times instead of the kick stick? The mechanic is built into the game for keyboard users, but since there is no key mapping, and the game automatically sets the mode to kick stick when a controller is plugged in, it just doesnt work well. Is there anything that can be done? Thanks a lot!

This is an interesting idea, I'll look into it. I've also found the kicking with the controller to be a bit counter-intuitive.

I had the updated rules script enabled, I saw myself the victim of an extremely rare football play (so rare that I don't believe it's happened in the NFL, although it's only been a few years that this could have happened). I blocked an extra point, and the ball bounced and careemed toward my goal line. I recovered it at around the five yard line, but momentum carried me to the two or three before I regained control of the player. With tacklers swiftly descending, I foolishly bounced backward into the end zone in the hopes of finding space and returning it the distance for the two. However, I was tackled in the end zone. As I understand it, under current rules, this should result in a one point safety in favor of the kicking team, correct? I ran another game to see if I could incur the one point safety, but no dice. Would it be possible to add this? That'd be the perfect amount of insane detail for a mod this badass.

That's crazy; I have no idea what the result of this play would be - probably won't worry about this.
Re: other potential scripts that seem like they might be simple enough to add to the mod (he said, having never modded anything, ever), would it be possible to include the clock run-offs that certain offensive fouls incur inside of two minutes? I am not sure off-hand if there are defensive fouls for which there are clock run-offs as well.

Good point; hadn't considered runoffs. Part of the problem is that the team that perpetrated the penalty needs to have an opportunity to call a timeout (if they have at least one left). I'm not sure I can code that.

P.S. - A final, unrelated question: When the automatic booth reviews for plays with scores or turnovers are being simulated by way of the free challenges following those plays, does the computer ever opt to challenge? I have seen them challenge other plays, but I noticed a very long time ago that it does not seem as if the computer challenges these plays, and I still have not noticed them doing so to date, which leads me to believe they do not (given the amount I play and the amount of time since first I noticed it).

So the code works like this: if the computer or user challenges one of these plays they will not be charged a TO. The truth is that the CPU will challenge if the game thinks it's worth challenging. From what I've seen the computer challenges these plays but only if they're worth challenging.

P.P.S. - Ten minute overtime! Please? Pretty please?

Yep, this needs to be added. It might be good add a feature that gives the user the ability to set the length of the OT period.

During a game my team intercepted a pass at the back endzone line. Before I could challenge, the booth review reversed the call. My moment of happiness was short lived when my opponent was credited with a touchdown instead of a touchback for me. The stats clearly showed Cam Newton of the Panthers passing to Brent Grimes of the Buccaneers for a touchdown. Does the script control this or can it prevent a future occurrence?

Yes, that is annoying and a side effect of my code that allows interceptions to occur on the sidelines and backlines. The code tricks the game into thinking the ball has been momentarily caught by the offense when a defender intercepts a pass so if the incomplete pass is overturned to a completed catch on review then the offense is credited with a reception instead of the defense. I'll see if I can't figure out a workaround for what is already a workaround.

Hello is there a way to activate the Accelerated clock feature in CPU vs. CPU games? I activated the cheat but it works on games where you play and not on cpu vs cpu games.

I thought this was taken care of. I'll look into this again. I think in CPU vs. CPU games Madden runs different code for accelerated clock, which skips past my code injection.

Hi guys I've notice that while using the script if the QB fumble the ball while running with the ball then no one is able to pick up the ball
This is happening from time to time.

Yes this is a strange and fairly rare side effect of my code that fixes Madden's bad code relating to how fumbles are handled in the final two minutes and on 4th down etc. If only my fixes never created side effects. I'll look into this.

Can you Hack the speed of Regular games that are played out? I watch CPU games, it would be great if you could speed the games up keeping the played game stats.

Moderator edit: Added spoiler. Please don't quote a full wall of text when responding to only one part of it!

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:47 pm

My apologies to the moderator, did it from my phone.

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:22 pm

Have you considered adding the ability to make the camera always be the "cinematic" style camera when it's a CPU vs. CPU game? It already does this in superstar mode, but not in franchise or play now.

Right I keep forgetting to do this; it can't be that hard to code in.

Can you Hack the speed of Regular games that are played out? I watch CPU games, it would be great if you could speed the games up keeping the played game stats.

Yes, this should be be possible.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:36 pm

calhoupe wrote:

That would actually be REALLY convenient for my superstar I have going. The reason I can't get into it like I can for my MLB 2K My Player is because I can't speed the game up in any way.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

cdcool
MVP

Postby cdcool » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:24 pm

calhoupe wrote:

Outstanding! I look extremely forward to seeing this implemented.

Thank you Calhoupe!

pointblank9
Rookie

Postby pointblank9 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:09 pm

Sorry if this was answered somewhere else in the thread already, but what do I need to do to replace the mainapp executable for the amazon version? (Replying here because I am unable to PM yet). My game keeps crashing whenever loading into franchise training camp or games and figured this was likely the issue.
Thanks!

Return to “Utilities”