Calhoupe's Madden Scripts

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Re: Calhoupe's Madden Scripts

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:00 pm

madden07eurocat wrote:Calhoupe - Just curious to know if there could be a script that would improve the timing of draw plays? Seems that the interval between the snap, selling the pass and actually running the football could be shorter, making the play a little more fluid. Jose21crisis does a good job of describing what he does with the playbook here, but I wonder if there could be a script that would front end all this for all draw plays? Thoughts?

A random thought, could this somehow affect the lack of effectiveness of the screen pass? Hmmmmm.........

It'd say there is no need for a script for that. The best that could be done for screen passes is lowering the delay between the RB going to the flat to receive the screen, while leaving the blocking O-Linemen as is. That way, the RB goes to the flat and is ready to receive the pass, then the blockers go and cover the RB and the QB throws the pass. This could help HB/FB screens, but WR screens are kind of difficult, because the blocking AI is not particulary great. You can't tell them to "block anyone that gets close to that guy that is about to receive a pass", only "block anyone close to the ball carrier"

As for standard draws, can be fixed as well by lowering the delay between start of play and handoff.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:50 pm

Hi, I found a glitch with the "Return Missed FGs and Fumble Fix" Script. There is a play in the "PIT - Mike Tomlin" playbook. It is in one of the Shotgun formations, the play is called "Quick Punt" and ... well ... it is a QB Punt. It is a pretty good trick play. This play was used IRL since Big Ben was a pretty good punter. Back to the point, whenever that play is used and someone from the kicking team touches the ball to down the ball, the punt counts as blocked and the team keeps possession. This leads to instant TDs. I wonder if this happens because the game thinks that as soon as the ball is kicked, the kicking team is the "Defense" and they can recover the ball.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.

donwash
All-Pro

Postby donwash » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:41 pm

Currently, I am using version 1.69 and my game video setting is 1920 x 1200. When I use the option to change the menus to 1920 x 1080, it also changes my video setting. I then change it back to 1920 x 1200, but the games continues to display 1920 x 1080. Is this supposed to happen because I don’t recall this occurring in version 1.58?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:48 pm

donwash wrote:Currently, I am using version 1.69 and my game video setting is 1920 x 1200. When I use the option to change the menus to 1920 x 1080, it also changes my video setting. I then change it back to 1920 x 1200, but the games continues to display 1920 x 1080. Is this supposed to happen because I don’t recall this occurring in version 1.58?

Yes, that's supposed to happen. All of gameplay will be the resolution you set.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

donwash
All-Pro

Postby donwash » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:34 pm

Currently, my old laptop Vista OS is crashing launching Madden thru the latest script with either or both Speed Up CPU vs CPU Games#1 or #2 option enabled with or without TexMod. I have never been able to successfully use either of these options and are there any suggestions to help? I sent debug info to Calhoupe and just waiting to hear from him.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:00 pm

donwash wrote:Currently, my old laptop Vista OS is crashing launching Madden thru the latest script with either or both Speed Up CPU vs CPU Games#1 or #2 option enabled with or without TexMod. I have never been able to successfully use either of these options and are there any suggestions to help? I sent debug info to Calhoupe and just waiting to hear from him.

I've found both of those to crash my game regardless of the situation. Try to avoid using those and see if it's no longer crashes. Or, if you want to help calhoupe, set up the debugging feature, and use it the next time it crashes.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:56 pm

Just wanted to say thank you to calhoupe, these scripts keep Madden 08 current.

I do have one question. Can I use the Updated NFL Rules from version 1.69 with the NCAA Rules (I like the wide hash marks) or would they be incompatible? my gut reaction is that that they would conflict, but I wanted to be sure.

Also, thanks for the attention to Windows 10, tried version 1.65, and the game crashed when a player jumped offside.

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:11 pm

phalanx93 wrote:Just wanted to say thank you to calhoupe, these scripts keep Madden 08 current.

I do have one question. Can I use the Updated NFL Rules from version 1.69 with the NCAA Rules (I like the wide hash marks) or would they be incompatible? my gut reaction is that that they would conflict, but I wanted to be sure.

Also, thanks for the attention to Windows 10, tried version 1.65, and the game crashed when a player jumped offside.

Hi, for the Updated NFL Rules and NCAA Rules, they aren't usable at the same time. If you activate Updated NFL Rules, then try to activate NCAA Rules, NCAA Rules will be active and Updated NFL Rules will be disabled. And viceversa.
Semper fi

phalanx93
All-Pro

Postby phalanx93 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:18 pm

jose21crisis wrote:Hi, for the Updated NFL Rules and NCAA Rules, they aren't usable at the same time. If you activate Updated NFL Rules, then try to activate NCAA Rules, NCAA Rules will be active and Updated NFL Rules will be disabled. And viceversa.

Alright, thanks. That's better than what I thought. I figured the game would just crash. But it's a matter of which ruleset script was enabled last.

They both have their own advantages. Decisions, decisions. And fun.

Out of curiosity, which rules do you prefer to use?

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:32 pm

phalanx93 wrote:
jose21crisis wrote:Hi, for the Updated NFL Rules and NCAA Rules, they aren't usable at the same time. If you activate Updated NFL Rules, then try to activate NCAA Rules, NCAA Rules will be active and Updated NFL Rules will be disabled. And viceversa.

Alright, thanks. That's better than what I thought. I figured the game would just crash. But it's a matter of which ruleset script was enabled last.

They both have their own advantages. Decisions, decisions. And fun.

Out of curiosity, which rules do you prefer to use?

Because I try to run the NFL as consistently as possible, Updated NFL Rules. However, I would like to have the NCAA style Overtime rules in the NFL, as it gives both teams a chance compared to "Whoever scores a TD first wins".
Semper fi

Return to “Utilities”