Multiple Mods W/O Having Multiple Madden 08 Folders

lionsfan
MVP

Postby lionsfan » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:27 pm

Here is a very useful tool so you don't have to have multiple Madden 08 folders in your Documents folder.

All you have to do is place this in your C:\Users\(username)\Documents\Madden NFL 08 folder...

To add mods just create a folder inside the MODS folder and name it whatever you'd like, then place all the mods files in that folder. now if you open up JGSME.exe (I have a shortcut placed on my desktop) you can mix and match which mods are in use. So now you don't have to end up with 6 or 7 Madden 08 folders!
Attachments
JSGME.7z
(388.5 KiB) Downloaded 1628 times

Sponsor

Sponsor

lichtental
MVP

Re: Multiple Mods W/O Having Multiple Madden 08 Folders

Postby lichtental » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:40 am

this is useful ! , what do you mean with "mix and match" ?

lionsfan
MVP

Postby lionsfan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:47 am

lichtental wrote:this is useful ! , what do you mean with "mix and match" ?

You can use multiple mods at once without worrying about keeping backups. Like say you want to use thusmtyx's HD uniform.dat with the FF/FI mod... you can enable the FF/FI mod and the HD uniforms mod without worrying about anything being replaced or deleted.

lichtental
MVP

Postby lichtental » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:58 am

lionsfan wrote:
lichtental wrote:this is useful ! , what do you mean with "mix and match" ?

You can use multiple mods at once without worrying about keeping backups. Like say you want to use thusmtyx's HD uniform.dat with the FF/FI mod... you can enable the FF/FI mod and the HD uniforms mod without worrying about anything being replaced or deleted.

OK, thanks :)

slydways
Banned
Location: Alliance,Ohio ........Home of the MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS 11 Division III National Championships

Postby slydways » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:03 am

I like it too...but...won't transfer files that must be in the "installed" folder ...like menu music and the launch.dat

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:31 am

slydways wrote:I like it too...but...won't transfer files that must be in the "installed" folder ...like menu music and the launch.dat

Yeah I just tried to activate a mod, and it moved all the files into the JSGME Folder.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:35 pm

I like this program. The only drawback is when it copies the UNIFORM.dat file into the Madden NFL folder.

I had to play with it a little to figure it out even after reading the manual.

This is how it worked for me:

1. copy the "MODS" folder, JSGME.exe, JSGME.ini into the "Madden NFL 08" folder.

2. run JSGME.exe , Click on "Tasks...", select "Generate snapshot of game files". This tells the program what the default folder looks like.

3. Inside the "MODS" folder, create a new folder with the DAT files of any mod you want to use. For example, create a folder called "FF-XIV" and put all the FF mod files there.

4. When you switch back to JSGME.exe, you will see the name of the mod. Click on the mod name, and click on the right arrow button to activate the mod. To deactivate the mod, move it back to the left column.

It doesn't copy the "launcher.dat" to the "Program Files" folder, only to the "Madden NFL 08" folder. You can use your creativity with this program. You can create a "SOUNDDAT-FF" and "SOUNDDAT-FOX" folder in the "MODS" folder and you'll be able to activate which ever sounddata file you want to use. Just remember to move the SOUNDDAt.dat files into the folders instead of copying so that save some disk space.

BigJax
Rookie

Postby BigJax » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:41 pm

It didn't work for me. Just gave me an empty folder, or is that how it's supposed to be?

djmixer36
Rookie

Postby djmixer36 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:51 pm

BigJax wrote:It didn't work for me. Just gave me an empty folder, or is that how it's supposed to be?

djmixer36 wrote:
blackroseMD1 wrote:Hmm...I get "There was an error loading the file. It may be damaged. Click OK to continue." when trying to load up the 24 beta roster.

Edit: Same issue as the poster above. The files are blank when I open them in any editor.

Every attachment on the site is dead after a phish attempt, so it will be a couple of days before any of the files are back

BigJax
Rookie

Postby BigJax » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:03 pm

Okay, thank you.

Return to “Utilities”