Re: JDHalfrack's Fantasy Draft Utility

Sponsor

Sponsor

ryan1407
Rookie

Postby ryan1407 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:42 am

haven't read the whole thread, so maybe this has been said

I've run a few drafts, and this is awesome! I was pretty done with fantasy since every draft felt so repetitive. But one thing that has been an issue is the roster filling/1st player settings. When i'm building a team, sometimes i really want 2 starting caliber tight ends, sometimes i want 3 high quality WR's, and sometimes i want 2 RB's. Also if im drafting for a 3-4 team I want a better backup MLB, and if im drafting a 4-3 team I want a better backup DT.

things i would like to see based on this issue:

1. higher (or no) limits on positions you can draft

2. I don't know how doable this is, but maybe if a team has a high quality QB, they should look to draft more better WR's and TE's, and if they have a star RB they should try to draft linemen with higher run block ratings. I know your utility incorporates the teams previous value on players, WHICH IS GREAT, but i feel it should also incorporate the players already drafted at other positions.
Eg. if a CPU drafts Revis, maybe that should weigh on when the team drafts a FS or SS. Or if a team drafts an older QB with a shorter window, they should focus on drafting better WR's and TE's

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:39 pm

ryan1407 wrote:haven't read the whole thread, so maybe this has been said

I've run a few drafts, and this is awesome! I was pretty done with fantasy since every draft felt so repetitive. But one thing that has been an issue is the roster filling/1st player settings. When i'm building a team, sometimes i really want 2 starting caliber tight ends, sometimes i want 3 high quality WR's, and sometimes i want 2 RB's. Also if im drafting for a 3-4 team I want a better backup MLB, and if im drafting a 4-3 team I want a better backup DT.

things i would like to see based on this issue:

1. higher (or no) limits on positions you can draft

2. I don't know how doable this is, but maybe if a team has a high quality QB, they should look to draft more better WR's and TE's, and if they have a star RB they should try to draft linemen with higher run block ratings. I know your utility incorporates the teams previous value on players, WHICH IS GREAT, but i feel it should also incorporate the players already drafted at other positions.
Eg. if a CPU drafts Revis, maybe that should weigh on when the team drafts a FS or SS. Or if a team drafts an older QB with a shorter window, they should focus on drafting better WR's and TE's

#1 is already in there. Just change the maximum limit to whatever you want.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

lichtental
MVP

Postby lichtental » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:18 am

Just a request,

if It would be possible, in the future versions, to add a box where you can see the current total salary amount of your team, updating it after every pick

great to have you and stingray back on coding :)

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:26 am

ryan1407 wrote:1. higher (or no) limits on positions you can draft

As RevanFan said, #1 is already incorporated. It's in the "Player Evaluation" window. I put it there because part of the formula used to evaluate a player is whether or not a certain position is filled. If it is, the player gets a rating of -100,000 (which is lower than the formula allows to guarantee that the computer won't draft him).

#2, on the other hand is a good idea. It'll take a little bit of coding to add a special feature for rewriting the formula for each player drafted based on a set of criteria, but technically, it could be done.

lichtental wrote:Just a request, if It would be possible, in the future versions, to add a box where you can see the current total salary amount of your team, updating it after every pick.

Already in the works. :) On top of this, similar to Madden's draft, it will only add a certain amount of cap space per pick. Not sure when the next release will be, but when it is, it will include this feature for sure.

JD

Jonmchugh
Rookie

Postby Jonmchugh » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:18 pm

hey guys, this is a great utility. however, i've had problems with it crashing recently. I downloaded the latest version of it posted the other day but it keeps crashing.

JDHalfrack
All-Pro

Postby JDHalfrack » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:45 pm

Jonmchugh wrote:hey guys, this is a great utility. however, i've had problems with it crashing recently. I downloaded the latest version of it posted the other day but it keeps crashing.

When? As in, under what circumstances? If you can find a general time that it always crashes, I can hopefully duplicate the issue and fix it.

JD

jesse100190
All-Pro

Postby jesse100190 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:49 pm

the titans and vikings draft spots are switched like if you pick titans it will show vikings as your team and the same thing for vikings as the titans.

aguerrilla
Rookie

Postby aguerrilla » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:40 pm

Is there a way to draft online? I want to set up a fantasy draft between some friends to play franchise, is there any way to do that?

Brain
Rookie

Postby Brain » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:09 pm

First of all, thanks for your awesome work for the community!

JDHalfrack wrote: You could use this utility to load up a franchise (and possibly a roster) and see what ratings would be with a new formula, but they would not stick. There is only one way to permanently change the overall rating formula in the game, and it's not very well known (I discovered it WAY back in like 2008), so it probably doesn't affect any user.

Do you mean "not very well known" as in nobody has tried to make use of it in some sort of a tool? Or nobody remembers?

I'm just askin' because I think it would be great if one could just tinker with those values and achieve a more realistic OVR value accross all positions; not just theoretically, but practically being able to use those in your roster and franchise. To me the FB and K are especially annoying. Even more so since I'm playing in an online spawn league where we adjusted the max. FG length via lowering the kicking ratings. Logically this has resulted in pretty low OVR ratings :)
Of course this wouldn't be life-altering, just neat. Any response would be awesome, thanks!

Return to “Utilities”